Pinball 2k project

chuck

Apr 27, 2007, 8:38:40 PM4/27/07
Don W. and I have been doing some research on how to run 2k code on a
normal pc without a prism board. Our reason for doing is the lack of
replacement prism boards. The goal is to provide people with code
that they could load on a standard pc to run their 2k machine. It
would be a total computer replacement. I have contacted a number of
people asking for any insight they might have.

We have done a lot of research so far and have emulation code for most
of the systems. Some insight into the prism board would be wonderful
though.

Thanks

thetoycol...@yahoo.com

Apr 27, 2007, 9:48:55 PM4/27/07

That is a really good idea if you could get it done. Are you talking
about having a hardrive on this thing? I thought it would be a good
idea to have a computer that could both run SW and RFM without swaping
cards or computers. Running codes for these games are not going to be
a easy thing to do however. People underrate how much fun these games
are but troubles with the prism card scares some folks away.

Nwojedi

Apr 27, 2007, 9:51:49 PM4/27/07
use a flash stick. Would eliminate any HD problems and faster access
of data. Great idea, and would open up a lot of potential for custom
games being made.

thetoycol...@yahoo.com

Apr 27, 2007, 9:55:03 PM4/27/07

Now that's a good idea. It would have to be one hell of a stick though.

chuck

Apr 27, 2007, 11:15:00 PM4/27/07

There are a couple of big hurdles before we would get to that
point. ;-)

Kickthefog

Apr 27, 2007, 11:30:50 PM4/27/07

I wish you the best and you certainly have my support! I'm picking up
a revenge from mars and a swep kit to go with it and that darn prism
card is the only thing that has me worried a bit. Please keep us
posted! and THANKS for your efforts!

Craig Tiano

Apr 30, 2007, 12:23:37 AM4/30/07

I believe the prism card exists only to provide rom that appears to be
a block-mode disk device. i.e., it looks like a hard disk drive to the
bios, so when the bios sees it during POST, it executes its
initialization sequence, which then loads the actual operating system
from rom.

Craig

chuck

Apr 30, 2007, 12:52:16 PM4/30/07
On Apr 30, 12:23 am, Craig Tiano <c...@vandenplas.com> wrote:
> I believe the prism card exists only to provide rom that appears to be
> a block-mode disk device. i.e., it looks like a hard disk drive to the
> bios, so when the bios sees it during POST, it executes its
> initialization sequence, which then loads the actual operating system
> from rom.
>
> Craig
>
> On 27 Apr 2007 17:38:40 -0700, chuck <c...@source9.com> wrote:
>

> >Don W. and I have been doing some research on how to run 2k code on a
> >normal pc without a prism board. Our reason for doing is the lack of
> >replacement prism boards. The goal is to provide people with code
> >that they could load on a standard pc to run their 2k machine. It
> >would be a total computer replacement. I have contacted a number of
> >people asking for any insight they might have.
>
> >We have done a lot of research so far and have emulation code for most
> >of the systems. Some insight into the prism board would be wonderful
> >though.
>
> >Thanks- Hide quoted text -

As I understand currently the prism card also provides DCS2 sound
capability. Still digging for info.