Kudos to Andrew Barney and Pinball Life for Stern Knocker!

Mike Schudel

Jan 28, 2007, 10:42:13 PM1/28/07
Just wanted to give kudos to Andrew Barney and Pinball Life for making the
Stern knocker kit a reality. Mine arrived yesterday in the mail. After
reading the instructions it only took 10 minutes to install. Two connectors
to plug in to existing connectors, install a strike plate and knocker
assembly and then plug the knocker into the included control module. That
was it.

Just one simple software adjustment and that "constipated monkey fart" sound
for the Replay credit was replaced by that nice sweet mechanical "THWACK"!!!
:-)

Thanks guys!

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/yxzavc
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/8ua2n
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Lloyd Olson

Jan 28, 2007, 10:58:42 PM1/28/07
Andrew rules ! Great idea he had there. LTG :)

"Mike Schudel" <schu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

chibler

Jan 28, 2007, 11:10:46 PM1/28/07
I'm very glad to hear about this. I HATE that Stern electronic
"knocker" sound.
I'm wishfully thinking that I could place a NIB Spiderman next to my
Gottlieb Spiderman sometime later this year. And I'd sure want the
good old fashioned "thwack" knocer.
--
Chris Hibler

John Wart, jr

Jan 28, 2007, 11:31:55 PM1/28/07
Unfortunately, the kit Mike mentions only works on whitestar machines, not
SAM as the new Spidey will be :(

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"chibler" <chi...@charter.net> wrote in message

marc_b

Jan 28, 2007, 11:38:00 PM1/28/07
!!!

You mean the two I just received from Terry will NOT work with POTC or
Spidey? :-(

marc

Lloyd Olson

Jan 28, 2007, 11:42:15 PM1/28/07
Get in touch with Andrew or Terry. Andrew at one point was going to see if
it could be adapted to the new system, he may already have figured a way.
LTG :)

"marc_b" <m...@easystreet.com> wrote in message

lightguy

Jan 29, 2007, 1:01:56 AM1/29/07

Worst replay knocker sound ever; Pin 2000. Sounds like something fried
inside the Machine.

PT

Jan 29, 2007, 1:43:19 AM1/29/07
The kit can easily be installed in a SAM machine. You can also
install a knocker in a SAM machine using Stern spare parts. I'll post
instructions if there is any interest. I have a real knocker in my
WPT.

Viva real knockers!!

John

PT

Jan 29, 2007, 2:38:00 AM1/29/07
It would be nice if Stern would update the basic SAM software to
better support a real knocker. Here are the problems that I have
found on my WPT with the real knocker:

- The knocker diagnostic does not test a real hardware knocker. It
tests the "nails-on-the-chalk-board-speaker-knocker"; even though the
menus are set up for the optional hardware knocker and the speaker
knocker is shut OFF.

- Once you test the knocker, the sound volume gets pegged to max until
you reset it... Wow! My ears are ringing!

- The knocker should crack on any extra ball. Hardware knockers will
mostly be installed in a home environment. Right now it only cracks
on a match. 'Specials' and 'credits' that award extra balls don't
trigger a crack.

This would be a much-appreciated, generic SAM update.

Thanks - not worthy

John

tony

Jan 29, 2007, 8:10:43 AM1/29/07
Ditto that! I installed this on my LOTR yesterday and it's awesome! Install
was simple, as Mike mentioned. Many thanks to Andrew and Pinball Life!

tony g

chibler

Jan 29, 2007, 10:02:18 AM1/29/07
By all means, let's see those instructions. Much appreciated.
--
Chris Hibler

> > inside the Machine.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Andrew

Jan 29, 2007, 10:11:35 AM1/29/07
Hello all!

Thanks for the kind words about the knocker kit.

As timing would have it I just finished up some adapters to make it work in
a S.A.M. game. Again, it is a simple plug and play piece, no cutting wires
or soldering.

As soon as I get the directions finished up these should be up on Terry's
site.

Thanks again for the interest and nice comments!!

Andrew

"John Wart, jr" <johnw...@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message

PinTed

Jan 29, 2007, 12:36:19 PM1/29/07