Another spiderman limited edition is coming out

jonny mayer

Aug 5, 2009, 3:06:47 PM8/5/09

Les Manley

Aug 5, 2009, 3:24:02 PM8/5/09
On Aug 5, 2:06 pm, jonny mayer <jonnymaye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> check this out:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-LIMITED-EDITION-PINBALL-by-STERN-BRAND-...

Very interesting. Looks like another distributor is taking the LOTR
remake Jack took, only with SM instead. Only 50-60...hardly seems
worth it for them.

jar155

Aug 5, 2009, 3:30:30 PM8/5/09

So how did they get Steve to agree to sign these? I thought he wasn't
working with Gary anymore?

Borygard

Aug 5, 2009, 3:57:54 PM8/5/09
Somehow I don't think Steve Richie, the designer, will be signing any
backglasses for this...

Maybe they're giving someone else at Stern design credit?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

"jonny mayer" <jonnym...@gmail.com> wrote in message

psk445

Aug 5, 2009, 4:09:47 PM8/5/09
I'd proceed with caution. Wording can be very tricky. For all we
know this is going to be just a regular production SM with the black
web side rails (that would meet the criteria of what is listed in the
ad.) Also far to many people use the word backglass when they mean
translite.
JJ

jaimmy127

Aug 5, 2009, 4:18:01 PM8/5/09

Based on a conversation I had with a Stern distributor friend, I
beleive that is exactly what it is. A rerun of the red Spiderman with
black webbed siderails. It is not a rerun of Special Edition Black
Spiderman with the backglass, different artwork, chrome package and
the shaker motor.

Jeff S

Aug 5, 2009, 7:22:06 PM8/5/09
> So how did they get Steve to agree to sign these? I thought he wasn't
> working with Gary anymore?

Ad states it will be signed by Gary Stern, not SR. Gary was rumored
to have run extra backglasses to address customer breakage. This was
whispered to be 10% on 500 units ... or 50 backglasses. Maybe he ran
75 backglasses instead of 50. If 10 people have receieved
replacements, I'd be surprised, but allowing another 5 for future
inventory, he'd have 50 leftover for this new run. Ad is not clear if
these really are backglasses but this logic would work out if so.

JeffS
ATL

kbliznick

Aug 5, 2009, 7:38:50 PM8/5/09

> Ad states it will be signed by Gary Stern, not SR.

The ad has been altered. It used to read that it would be signed by
"Gary Stern AND the Game Designer".

jta...@aol.com

Aug 5, 2009, 7:40:26 PM8/5/09
On Aug 5, 4:22 pm, Jeff S <je...@jeffspinballpalace.com> wrote:
> > So how did they get Steve to agree to sign these? I thought he wasn't
> > working with Gary anymore?
>
> Ad states it will be signed by Gary Stern, not SR.

It was just updated a short time before you posted. It originally said
signed by Gary Stern and the pinball designer.

World of Pinball

Aug 5, 2009, 8:38:32 PM8/5/09

This is the same guy in the article:

July 10, 2009

The former owner of UltraCade Technologies has been indicted on
charges that he counterfeited game packs for his classic arcade game
business following its sale to Global VR, and sold them for his
personal profit.

According to a report in the San Francisco Chronicle, David Russell
Foley and Michael Daddona, who allegedly bought the stolen software
from Foley, were named in a 35-count indictment including charges of
conspiracy, trafficking in counterfeit goods and theft of trade
secrets, among other fraud charges.

San Jose-based UltraCade created an officially licensed classic arcade
game product line, including game packs. Foley sold the company and
its IP in 2006 to fellow San Jose company -- and one of the major
remaining arcade firms -- Global VR (Justice League Heroes United).

A version of the UltraCade classic arcade technology continues to be
sold by Global VR under the Global Arcade Classics brand, including
licensed games from Konami (Frogger), Atari (Asteroids), and many
more.

However, Foley is accused of secretly manufacturing and selling
counterfeit game packs for the system following the sale to Global VR,
in association with Daddona, after secretly retaining the technology
that allows game packs to be made.

Daddona is owner of Connecticut arcade company Automated Services, and
is accused of knowingly advertising the counterfeit packs on eBay at
lower prices than the official ones -- as well as selling them as if
they were official Global VR packs.

Gamasutra has obtained a copy of the full indictment in the case --
which also reveals that the duo were selling games not even licensed
by Global VR from companies such as Nintendo, Namco, and Taito -- and
will be following up with a more detailed story in the near future.

Ironman

Aug 7, 2009, 12:40:46 PM8/7/09
The seller says it is a Red version with different cabinet art.

goatdan

Aug 7, 2009, 1:20:51 PM8/7/09

And now it says,

"The backglass will be signed by Gary Stern and the Designer, Steve
Ritchie."

Steve

Aug 12, 2009, 4:42:33 PM8/12/09
On Aug 5, 4:22 pm, Jeff S <je...@jeffspinballpalace.com> wrote:
> > So how did they getSteveto agree to sign these? I thought he wasn't

They will definitely be autographed by me. Make no mistake, Automatic
Services is a good company, and they mean what they say in the ad.
It's for real.

Steve Ritchie

Rare Hero

Aug 12, 2009, 5:55:18 PM8/12/09
On Aug 12, 1:42 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
> They will definitely be autographed by me.  Make no mistake, Automatic
> Services is a good company, and they mean what they say in the ad.
> It's for real.
>
> Steve Ritchie

So Steve - what exactly is this machine? Is it a Black Spider-Man? A
Red Spiderman w/ black web rails? An all new game w/ black art
instead of red? Is it the BSM Backglass that's autographed or just a
translight?

I'm pretty confused about what exactly they're selling here.

Greg

Steve

Aug 13, 2009, 1:05:56 PM8/13/09
On Aug 12, 2:55 pm, Rare Hero <rarehero...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Aug 12, 1:42 pm,Steve<king...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > They will definitely be autographed by me.  Make no mistake, Automatic
> > Services is a good company, and they mean what they say in the ad.
> > It's for real.
>
> >SteveRitchie
>
> SoSteve- what exactly is this machine?  Is it a Black Spider-Man? A

> Red Spiderman w/ black web rails?  An all new game w/ black art
> instead of red?  Is it the BSM Backglass that's autographed or just a
> translight?
>
> I'm pretty confused about what exactly they're selling here.
>
> Greg

It can't be a Black Spider-Man. Stern will stick to their original
release of 500 and build no more.
The game has the same translite (NOT A GLASS) as a red SM, they will
be signed by Gary and I.

Apparently, the side armor will be webbed but black wrinkle finish,
not chrome, as was the BSM side armor. I have not seen the final
machine yet, so I have no idea which side art they will be using.

I do know that there is a healthy demand for Spider-Man pinball
machines, and they will probably move quickly. Whether a Spider-Man
is Black or Red, the games play exactly the same. The fact that there
will only be 55-60 made of this version should make them valuable in
the future.

Steve Ritchie

Rare Hero

Aug 13, 2009, 1:18:08 PM8/13/09
On Aug 13, 10:05 am, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
> Apparently, the side armor will be webbed but black wrinkle finish,
> not chrome, as was the BSM side armor.  I have not seen the final
> machine yet, so I have no idea which side art they will be using.

OK, that makes more sense. Someone on RGP got a Spidey a few months
back that had black web rails...I wish I could buy some of these on
their own!

> I do know that there is a healthy demand for Spider-Man pinball
> machines, and they will probably move quickly.

As there should be! Excellent theme, excellent design, excellent
(2.2!!!) software! Along w/ the LOTR demand....I wonder if any of
this is rubbing off on Gary ... "Hmm....theme, design, software =
sales!"

Greg

kbliznick

Aug 13, 2009, 1:23:39 PM8/13/09
> Steve Ritchie- Hide quoted text -

Some people arleady have this "limited edition" minus the 2
signatures. There was a post a month or 2 back (can't find it with
messed up google recs) where his regular off the line Spiderman had
the black webbed siderails and someone else chimed in to say that the
last # (don't remember quantity) off the assembly line came that way.

phishrace

Aug 13, 2009, 1:40:10 PM8/13/09

I don't recall anyone saying a bunch rolled off the line like that.
Here's the thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_frm/thread/34de72a8a7f7fb85/b2f3397ecb34c2ac?#b2f3397ecb34c2ac

So unless I missed something, it looks like there will be 50 - 61ish
total. I bet at least a few end up on location. Hope one or two shows
up around me.

-phish

kbliznick

Aug 13, 2009, 1:45:57 PM8/13/09
Thanks for the link

that helped me find this link
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/db7a5011bc17a32b/fba5e38b0ba8887a?q=sm+author:john041160%40aol.com

Here was the post I was looking for.

On Jul 16, 2:25 pm, john041160 <john041...@aol.com> wrote:
> I have a HUO manufactured Dec 08 LED kits installed protector set
> partialy
> installed one of a kind side rails on a reg SMhttp://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/john041160/?action=view&curr...
> located in VT 05641
> looking for a nice MB

According to Pat Powers, about 100 SM reds were shipped with those
siderails.

Good luck with your trade.
captkirk

kbliznick

Aug 13, 2009, 2:06:42 PM8/13/09
And this follow on post

>And Pat added that the next run of SM reds, if there is one, will have
>these rails on them. Try as I might, he would not sell me a set.
>Good luck waiting for the next run to happen.

>captkirk

So I gues this is the next run mentioned.

Kris

john041160

Aug 13, 2009, 2:12:12 PM8/13/09
Yes I have one and am still looking to trade for a MB only
if anyone is interested.

mnpinball

Aug 13, 2009, 2:15:41 PM8/13/09
Would love to see a "dirty pool" mode in Spidey ;)

AFM_TZ

Aug 13, 2009, 2:16:12 PM8/13/09
Steve Ritchie, If you are reading this,

I recently bought a SM red for my home. I currently own a AFM and TZ
(with a LOTR on its way).

The SM i bought blind, based on the reaction from community. I have it
now for three weeks.

When I first played it, i liked it - very nice game. Since then, my
wife / kids and I have played alot more, and the more we play, the
better it gets. It is quite an accomplishment.

It reminds me of great music - when you first hear it, you like it,
but the more you hear it the better it gets. The game just keeps
getting better and better, and, i am not even that far into it. It
also calls you back - to revisit the great lights / game play /
modes.

Another great aspect - if i want to play without depth, just veg out,
i can do so. But if i really want - i can get into it, go for the
goals.

congrats to you, and the team (Lyman is incredible software guy - AFM
too). My kids are young, and will grow up with this one (cuz it aint
leaving).

Steve

Aug 13, 2009, 2:25:55 PM8/13/09
On Aug 13, 10:18 am, Rare Hero <rarehero...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Aug 13, 10:05 am,Steve<king...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Apparently, the side armor will be webbed but black wrinkle finish,
> > not chrome, as was the BSM side armor.  I have not seen the final
> > machine yet, so I have no idea which side art they will be using.
>
> OK, that makes more sense.  Someone on RGP got a Spidey a few months
> back that had black web rails...I wish I could buy some of these on
> their own!

It's funny you should ask. Only WAAY cooler. Coming soon.

Steve

Aug 13, 2009, 2:28:39 PM8/13/09
On Aug 13, 11:16 am, AFM_TZ <jduri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> SteveRitchie, If you are reading this,

I am very glad that you are happy with SM, and proud that you chose
SM.. Thanks.

I hope it brings you and your family endless pleasure.

Streve

mr tobias

Aug 13, 2009, 3:01:22 PM8/13/09

No, that would be too easy. Still we can always hope.

pinballjim

Aug 13, 2009, 3:23:06 PM8/13/09
On Aug 13, 1:25 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
>  It's funny you should ask.  Only WAAY cooler.  Coming soon.

Steve, what the heck happened?

Just a couple of months ago you were tearing apart Gary Stern on
here...

Now you're lining right up to sign translites for Gary?

I doubt you're doing it for free, but c'mon...

Toolguy

Aug 13, 2009, 3:30:46 PM8/13/09
On Aug 5, 3:06 pm, jonny mayer <jonnymaye...@gmail.com> wrote:
> check this out:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-LIMITED-EDITION-PINBALL-by-STERN-BRAND-...

Look at the link again, there is a correction/update.

The BG's will actually be signed by Gary Stern and Spiderman. Not
Steve Richie...

pinballer

Aug 13, 2009, 4:23:10 PM8/13/09
Why is nobody bidding or buying this? Too expensive?

Steve

Aug 21, 2009, 9:18:17 PM8/21/09
On Aug 13, 12:23 pm, pinballjim <pinball...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Gary is still Gary. I dealt with the buyer of the run of SMs. Either
way, never believe that I have to answer to you or anyone else for
what I do or don't do.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Steve

Steve

Aug 21, 2009, 9:19:53 PM8/21/09

Uhhhh...that's wrong. They ARE signed by me, and it was a pleasure to
do so. My last name is spelled R-I-T-C-H-I-E.

Steve

PinballSales Jack

Aug 21, 2009, 11:01:57 PM8/21/09

I passed on these - they don't seem too collectible.......

chuck

Aug 21, 2009, 11:05:06 PM8/21/09
On Aug 21, 9:19 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:

btw Steve. I think I've said this before but I'll say it again, killer
game. I don't really play much of anything besides SM and LOTR and
lately it's been 6 games of spidey to one LOTR. You and Lyman really
outdid yourselves on that one. Thanks.