From Steve Ritchie...Spider-Man Contributors & Facts

Steve

May 6, 2007, 8:20:22 PM5/6/07
I put this together a few days ago and some of the data is already
generally known. I also want to recognize some talented and hard-
working people that helped create the Spider-Man Pinball Machine at
Stern. Spider-Man Pinball contains some of the best work these
contributors have ever done:

Hey guys,

As long as Jack and Korn put their Spider-Man pictures up, I guess
it's OK to clear a few things up and take this opportunity to thank a
lot of folks who put their best work into Spider-Man.

The Spider-Man game was my ship to steer as far as play goes, but no
pinball is ever made by one person. Lots of people never get credit
for what they do at Stern, and it isn't an easy business to make
pinball games.

By the way, "Wait and see" means I am not going to elaborate on the
subject matter here. It isn't a boast, a carrot-on-a-string thing or
the fact that I want to control the flow of data, OK? It just means
that you need to play the game and read the in-depth Pingame Journal
Interview. Jim and Koz have been following our every move throughout
the game's progress. There is also the Gameroom interview coming
soon, and more will be revealed.

First off, Koz is right, (and thanks for the speech call ideas, dude),
the spell-out at the bottom 4 lanes is H-E-R-O, not nerd. NERD would
never fly past the licensing people, and this game is about you, the
player, being Spider-Man, not Peter Parker. (Well, maybe NERD could
be appropriate, depending on who is playing it!)

The top 3 lanes spell W-E-B.

The art is a fantastic job done by His Worship Kevin O'Conner with
Dame Margaret Hudson on the Backglass, Playfield, Plastics and
Decals. I would like to thank them for a great job that virtually
everyone at Stern loves. YMMV, but most everyone that has seen it
says it's the best Stern artwork ever. I have to agree. Wait and
see.

I would also like to introduce two "new" artists who did the cabinet
and backbox art as a team, and that's Marc Schoenberg and Mark
Galvez. I call them Marky-Marc. Again, a great job guys, and I thank
you. By the way, no one asked Marky-Marc to do the cabinet art, they
just started on it on their own, and even the first pass was damned
good.

The dots are a fine job by Mark Galvez, who has really come into his
own. His work features many actual scenes from all 3 SM movies, as
well as original art that he has created. Thanks Mark.

INTERESTING FACT: It takes plastics (internally known as butyrates)
from 3 different sheets to build one Spider-Man pinball machine.

There is more than one picture of Kirsten Dunst on the plastics. Wait
and see. The plastics are very well done and light up much better
than the red ones in Jack's or Korn's pictures because:

What you see in Jack's and Korn's pictures are plastics and the back
panel "flooded" with red just to get the game covered up and somewhat
presentable. The decal sheet also is flooded with red. This will
change to the beautiful colored plastics as soon as they are
delivered, correct, and approved by the licensor. I think they
arrived the day I left Stern. Wait and see.

We don't wait for finished, approved artwork if we have a testable
game mechanically. It is a smart move to make sure things are going
to hold up and work right on location, and the sooner the better.
Also, all devices have also been tested long term in multiple unit
test beds that sit in a hot room and are worked to death, but it is
never the same as a real world play test. Wait and see.

There are three ramps and the flow and shots please me immensely. I
can't speak for you guys, and wouldn't dare. The mechanical
engineering crew and I have spent a very long and hard time making the
ramps and shots work well, with careful tweaks, protection, and smooth
action. They are plastic. Wait and see.

The orbit shots loop nicely in both directions, except when they
don't. The balance is perfect. Wait and see.

Spider-Man is not a comic book license. It is a movie license. Sony
and Marvel had to approve all our stuff, but they were pretty cool
about it. Marc Schoenberg did a great job being the ultimate
diplomatic man-in-the-middle between the design team and the Sony &
Marvel people. He scored some major stuff for us. Thank you, Marc.
Wait and see.

Spider-Man Pinball by Stern and SRP was ALWAYS scheduled to be timed
with the movie release. Duh. I will not acknowledge any other fool's
take on how or why Spider-Man has burnt any other game. The cards
fell where they fell. All it might have taken to figure this out is a
little common sense, but sometimes the jar is just empty.

Speaking of fools and empty jars, the playfield has flippers, posts,
jets, and rubber just like WPT. That is the only similarity between
WPT and SM. Someone ridiculous thought otherwise while looking at a
poor photo on the web. We all laughed our asses off at the "Sanding
off the old artwork and printing Spidey graphics over the WPT
playfields to use them up" post. A couple of you have better
imaginations than keyboard-finger-posting-restraint. My goodness.

By the way, I like and play Family Guy, and it is a good, fun game. I
played it every day when we had it in the Stern game room. Most all
of us at Stern like and respect the Family Guy pinball machine. It is
a very nice effort by Pat with Keith, Lonnie, and Dwight.

Cody and Jason have ME wanting to get my game home, too! I don't know
when I will get mine yet. You will certainly have yours before I get
mine.

The toys are prototypes in Jack's and Korn's pictures.

The production toys were done by Gentle Giant Studios, (Google them!)
and are beyond cool!!!! They smoke everything we have ever done with
molded toys!!! They are detailed and beautifully painted. Ray Tanzer
was instrumental in getting these toys into the design of Spider-Man.
Thanks Ray.

There is one magnet in the game. It is in front of Doc Ock, as
someone has pointed out. It is a popular and dramatic feature, and
has some great operating modes that I suspect you'll like. Wait and
see.

We are not using color LCD displays. They are too dim and expensive.
I have never seen one anywhere close to bright enough to rival the
plasma displays. Maybe they exist, but almost certainly not cost-
effectively. We try to bring you the max entertainment with the part
you play: The Playfield. I cannot trade away a toy or device to make
room for a new, expensive, dim display.

Green Goblin is a mover and a shaker and says some great stuff when
hit. Yes, it's actually Willem Defoe doing the talking. And
cackling. Wait and see.

Here are some more killer ingredients:

ALL the actors' lines and all the sound effects in ALL 3 MOVIES were
made available to us!! You will hear all of the characters in the
coming weeks! This has been a great opportunity, and a first, as far
as I know. I am still blown away, and every time Lyman throws in
another call it is a whole new thrill. Wait and see.

The voice of JK Simmons as the "pinball narrator" brings a lot to the
game and there was a great synergy at the recording session. He is a
professional and a great guy. David Thiel and I directed him. JJ
Jameson can be very ascetic, but the humor generated is hilarious.
Some of it will be at your expense! Wait and see!

The game has a great music package that rocks with high energy from
the first moment, and it's about time a pinball machine got our
collective feet tapping again! I directed the music, but the
excellent tunes were all written by the masterful David Thiel. He is
a gifted musician, composer and sound effects guy. Thank you, David.
I know I am hell to work with, but you delivered anyway. Wait and
see.

You'll have to wait and see the other devices in the game. They were
designed by John Rotharmel, Oleg Korepanov, Robb Blakeman, Mike
Redoble & Mike Koch.

John Rotharmel designed and re-worked some great mechanicals. He is a
French American, but I like him anyway! :<)) He is also a "Testing
Nazi" (Wait! A French Nazi? Please don't beat me up on this. It is a
JOKE and only a JOKE!!) meaning that he wants all the mechs at Stern
to be tested thoroughly and correct problems and weaknesses. Thanks
John for good work all along our working relationship.

Mike Redoble did a lot of our ramp and wire form work, but left Stern
for a new job. I wish he was back because he was a very good
mechanical engineer, a good guy, and a Spider-Man comics historian.
Thanks Mike.

Mike Koch is our new-guy ME and he is good also. Thanks for helping
us out Mike.

Oleg did our GG device. It works well. Thanks, Oleg.

Robb Blakeman is a SolidWorks and AutoCAD guru. He designed some
stuff on Spider-Man, but more importantly solved problems and answered
hundreds of questions. His work is tedious, organized, and he makes
Spider-Man (and me, but don't tell anyone) look good. At one point he
saved my ass when my AutoCAD dwg crashed. He got it all back. I took
him to lunch!

These guys are all headed up by one of the most dedicated veteran
pinball masters I have ever met: Ray Tanzer.
Ray helped us with everything everywhere and in every way. Ray and I
made the game cost effective and Ray's inventive talent and drive were
very helpful very often. He saw what we needed, got it for us, and he
was as excited for the game as Lyman and I. He is also one of the
nicest and most patient people I have ever met, and I want to say a
big thanks. His people love him and will go the extra mile to make
things happen. Ray's leadership is strong but loving, and we love you
back, dude!

She wants to kill me, but I also want to thank Phillis Rosenthal for
her tireless work in keeping all of the drawings and parts and changes
and the BOM in order. She has done this for years, but on this game I
drove her (and most everyone else in engineering) nuts with my
changes, requests and shoddy numberless drawings. Thanks, sweetie.
And ya are.

I want to say thanks to Sheridan Oursler for helping us out on many
fronts. Sometimes he was a tech, but he also designed the wiring
harnesses. He is very smart, and takes care of business like a pro,
because he is a pro.

I want to thank Roberto, Christian, Jorge and Erasmo. I never knew
their last names, but they are killer good at putting games together,
and they helped us a lot with the many prototypes, white woods, and
test fixtures.

No game designer can do without Jay Alfer's masterpiece, The Manual.
It is hard to believe that one guy creates the manual, but he does.
It is the best manual ever by any pinball company ever. He works like
a dog and we don't help him enough. Thanks a lot, Jay.

Thanks to Lonnie Ropp for doing all the Spider-Man language
translations, liaison with David Thiel, and code-oriented grunt work
for the betterment of Spider-Man and all games at Stern.

My personal thanks to some ladies at Stern that take care of me:
Shelley Sax sets me up with flights, cars, and hotel every trip to
Stern. I am Gyro Gearloose, and would forget everything if it weren't
for her. I also want to thank the girls in "my office" (which is
really in the accounting department and it's "their office"): Jackie
Niehus, Shirley Zebro, and daughter Andrea Zebro, along with Dorothy
Brown and Marcia Rosenthal.

I am nearly deaf. These girls have made and taken calls for me,
listened and interpreted messages, tell me my phone is ringing, remind
me to go to meetings and lots of other stuff, and always offer me
their moral support and hugs. They played Spider-Man and gave me the
newbie's perspective. They are all fun to work with. I want to say
thanks and love to all of them.

I would be a jerk not to thank Joe Blackwell, Chas Siddiqi, and Pat
Powers for the great work they do in letting us know how we can design
our games to be easier to service. I haven't always been able to
accommodate them, mostly because my designs are controlled by the
parameters of FUN and real estate management FIRST. These guys are
the ones you talk to when your game breaks, and they are the best I
have ever seen at handling Customer Service. Joe also runs the test
program, and has been very helpful at reporting every nuance of our
tests in the field. Thanks you guys.

INTERESTING FACT: The "arches" are called Webslingers. Wait and see.

Since Lyman was on our team and Brian Eddy also a respected friend, I
wanted to pay tribute to AFM, one of my all-time favorite pinball
machines. The motor 3-bank Sandman Area is somewhat like AFM but used
completely differently. Wait and see. That is the only similarity to
AFM other than rule nuances that Lyman MIGHT write. He is not
finished yet.

INTERESTING FACT: Magnets in some uses were patented by Williams. My
Williams patent for Magna-Save ran out a few years ago. It is legal
for us to do as we please with magnets. Wait and see.

Lyman Sheats is a superstar pinball player and programmer, and his
code is spectacular and clean. The rules of Spider-Man are simple and
elegant, as his always are. We loved making this game together, and
respected each other's designs and thoughts as we went along, making
them mesh together. We both have a showmanship/entertainment gene,
and together we went hog wild. We are far from done adding more of
everything in the coming weeks.

I believe that Spider-Man will contain one of the great pinball
rulesets of all time, and I have seen a few. I am pretty sure you
will agree. Time will tell. I am proud to have worked with Lyman,
and he is also a good friend. I have had the most fun working pinball
designs with Eugene Jarvis and Lyman because they both have excellent
creative abilities and other talents, as well as work ethics that go
far beyond most people's limits. They understand games supremely, and
can analyze what a game might need in a heart beat.

Lyman operates with a give-and-take attitude, and that's where the
best collaborative games have come from. I loved collaborating with
Lyman on this game, and when game designers/programmers enjoy
themselves at work on an exciting project, the resulting machine will
be something special. I want to say Thank You to you, Lyman, here,
loudest of all! It was a great experience working with you, and you,
like Spider-Man, are AMAZING.

I want to dedicate Spider-Man pinball to my father Ted, who passed
away during Spider-Man development. He was a great, fun-oriented
father, and he loved pinball. He let me play my first pinball at
Playland at the Beach in San Francisco when I was only about 3 or 4
years old. All the legs were taken off the games and they were bolted
onto a wooden platform so they couldn't be shaken or lifted! Pinball
cheats abounded in those days, and my father was one of them when he
was a teen. But that's another very funny story. I miss him.

I also have to thank my significant other, Dianna. I love her
dearly. She has supported me while I make my long trips to Stern, and
is a sweetheart of a person. I could write a book about her, but I'll
save the mush for myself and my inner smile. She has to repeat
everything she says to me twice. (I mean, c'mon, she's married to
me!!!...COOK BETTER!)

That's all for now. I hope that Spider-Man is what you expected, and
more. I want to say thanks to the guys at RGP for supporting and
enjoying pinball. Everybody counts. Without enthusiasts,
competitors, operators, (like Lloyd!) distributors, (like Jack!)
players, collectors, and restorers, there would be no pinball
machines. I don't ever forget this.

Best Regards,

Steve Ritchie

Lloyd Olson

May 6, 2007, 8:26:22 PM5/6/07
What a write up. Thank you Steve. It makes me wish there would someday be a
video of the making of this pin. LTG :)

"Steve" <kin...@aol.com> wrote in message

Cudaman

May 6, 2007, 8:36:14 PM5/6/07
Awesome write-up and thanks for sharing Steve. Cannot wait to play
Spidey!

Dave

On May 6, 7:26 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> What a write up. Thank you Steve. It makes me wish there would someday be a
> video of the making of this pin. LTG :)
>

> "Steve" <king...@aol.com> wrote in message

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

captkirk

May 6, 2007, 8:48:01 PM5/6/07
Excellent, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see and play this pin.
This is very exciting, more buzz than FGY. Lloyd's idea of a video
would be great if you could pull it off. Well done media support
could go a long way to bringing new players into coin op locations.
We have a Spidey preordered for Castle Video, Branchville, NJ. Please
keep us up to date on the rollout. Thanks, captkirk

Dan G.

May 6, 2007, 8:53:17 PM5/6/07
Yep...even MORE excited now! Thanks Steve.

---Dan

PinMan

May 6, 2007, 8:57:04 PM5/6/07
Steve - Thanks for taking the time to sit down and type this and share
your feelings, insights and the like. I would like to pass on my
thanks to all the folks you listed that helped you and Lyman through
the process of building this game, and a HUGE thanks to STERN for
continuing to make pinball machines. I would also love to see a
documentary on the entire process of making SM, being a fly on the
wall would have been pretty damn cool. But alas, when I play that
first game on my new SM in a few short weeks.... I'll be smiling and
thinking about all of you that were involved. Again, Big Thanks....
you and everyone at STERN make being a kid every day possible for all
of us in this hobby.

Vince Birdsley
(PinMan)

> I want to say thanks to Sheridan Oursler for helping us out ...
>
> read more »

mattyb

May 6, 2007, 9:00:40 PM5/6/07

Wow. You honor us all with this great post. Thanks for the pins and I
can't wait to play Spider-man! MattyB

cody chunn

May 6, 2007, 9:03:37 PM5/6/07
I would like to THANK YOU, Steve, for your continuing contributions to the
pinball industry and your participation here. It makes the whole experience
that much more special to get personal opinions and comments from the guy(s)
who make 'em.

This title was special for me personally because I have been a Marvel Zombie
for many years. I would have bought it no matter who the creative team
included, but I feel like all the celestial bodies aligned to bring together
everyone you listed. I feel very fortunate to be able to help pay your
checks a little. It is my distinct pleasure.

This game sounds and appears to be what I was hoping for, another benchmark.
My anticipation grows each day. I cannot express how excited and thrilled I
am to be able to obtain this title. Your team has made me a very happy
camper!

Thanks to everyone at Stern for keeping the pinball industry rolling. It's a
good time to be a pinhead!!

EXCELSIOR!!

--
-cody
CARGPB4

mattyb

May 6, 2007, 9:14:06 PM5/6/07

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Steve. I'm printing your post and will place it in my Spider-
man manual where it belongs! Thanks! MattyB.

pinball plus

May 6, 2007, 9:20:04 PM5/6/07
On May 6, 8:03 pm, "cody chunn" <cchu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I would like to THANK YOU, Steve, for your continuing contributions to the
> pinball industry and your participation here. It makes the whole experience
> that much more special to get personal opinions and comments from the guy(s)
> who make 'em.
>
> This title was special for me personally because I have been a Marvel Zombie
> for many years. I would have bought it no matter who the creative team
> included, but I feel like all the celestial bodies aligned to bring together
> everyone you listed. I feel very fortunate to be able to help pay your
> checks a little. It is my distinct pleasure.
>
> This game sounds and appears to be what I was hoping for, another benchmark.
> My anticipation grows each day. I cannot express how excited and thrilled I
> am to be able to obtain this title. Your team has made me a very happy
> camper!
>
> Thanks to everyone at Stern for keeping the pinball industry rolling. It's a
> good time to be a pinhead!!
>
> EXCELSIOR!!
>
> --
> -cody
> CARGPB4
>
> "Steve" <king...@aol.com> wrote in message
>
> read more »- Hide quoted text -

It sounds like a great game Steve. I as an operator already have 4 on
order and one is going in my basement! I dont think I can recall a
time when a designer shared his passion for a particular game as much
as you did on the forum. It sounds like this game has alot of what
High Speed, Firepower and Rollergames did for you(just kidding of
RG!:)
It doesnt look like the question for the operator is whether to buy
this game . The question is how many should I buy! Also, a question:
Is Spiderman default pricing going up to .75/3/2.00 from the factory?
Seems like a good idea thats over due. Thanks and cant wait for your
game! John Ross

Ken In Texas

May 6, 2007, 9:23:21 PM5/6/07
Now that is the way to write a thank you....looking forward to another
killer game :)

mattyb wrote:

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

rwi...@advantexmail.net

May 6, 2007, 9:29:03 PM5/6/07
This truely shows why Steve is the great designer he is. Thank you for
sharing Steve. This gives us an idea of how much work is involved and
how many people it takes to make a great pin. Thanks also to everybody
listed in Steves letter. This game sounds real special. Could this be
the ONE!

Rich Wiski

skbrothers

May 6, 2007, 9:51:07 PM5/6/07

WOW!!!

Great to hear such a classy message from a truly great pinball
designer!

Spidey will no doubt be a big hit as it's clear your passion is in it!

You're a class act Steve and clearly have a first rate supporting
cast. You should all be proud to be playing such a vital role in
pinball's history (and hopefully resurgeance).

To quote a sappy movie phrase (with my own added pinball twist)...

"You had me at Black Knight"

:)

skbrothers

Rare Hero

May 6, 2007, 9:59:48 PM5/6/07
On May 6, 5:20 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
> The game has a great music package that rocks with high energy from
> the first moment, and it's about time a pinball machine got our
> collective feet tapping again! I directed the music, but the
> excellent tunes were all written by the masterful David Thiel. He is
> a gifted musician, composer and sound effects guy. Thank you, David.
> I know I am hell to work with, but you delivered anyway. Wait and
> see.

Does this mean the music is all original? Or does it incorporate the
original Danny Elfman themes from the movie?

Greg

Virt

May 6, 2007, 10:22:41 PM5/6/07
Awesome post, Steve, and thanks for taking the time to connect the
design to the end users.

Pinba...@gmail.com

May 6, 2007, 10:23:51 PM5/6/07
> I want to say thanks to Sheridan Oursler for helping us out ...
>
> read more »

Thanks Steve for the great insight and interesting facts about the
game. I'm very much looking forward to it. Best of luck and continued
success. Regards.

PT

May 6, 2007, 10:51:02 PM5/6/07
Thanks Steve.

Thanks for this great write-up!!

Glad to hear the DMD is here to stay for a while. New playfield toys
and designs are much preferred over fancy LCD video modes and effects
any day. Spiderman certainly looks like it has plenty of great toys
and innovative designs on the playfield.

I can't wait to play this game! Hopefully there will be an NIB
Spiderman in my living room soon - right next to my WPT. I just need
to sell a machine or two first...

John

bmill...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2007, 12:01:27 AM5/7/07
What a fantastic post. Steve, you are a true class act. I was drawn
into to pinball and video games by you and Eugene Jarvis, as a young
man, being 15 years old in 1980. Thank you for what has turned out to
be (so far) half a life-time of enjoyment and fascination! I am
looking forward Spider Man and to many more of your creations.
Bruce Millar

Cliffy

May 7, 2007, 12:05:10 AM5/7/07
Now THAT is how you write a tribute letter. Fantastic post, Steve. It's
obvious you have a passion for pinball even still, after so many games,
so many years. Salute :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Vegemite Nick

May 7, 2007, 12:22:58 AM5/7/07
> I want to say thanks to Sheridan Oursler for helping us out ...
>
> read more »

Thanks Steve, you've made this game so much more than just a new title
with your personal note, and I appreciate that.

And I am with you all the way on the LCD display - this is pinball -
give us toys! More toys!

Cheers,
Nick

Fred Kemper

May 7, 2007, 1:15:52 AM5/7/07
Cool! Thanks for the thoughts, and I hope to
get to see/play one soon. Great looking game
as well.

--
Fred
TX

Pint...@gmail.com

May 7, 2007, 1:24:38 AM5/7/07
Steve,

I have watched this project with great anticipation. The night I was
invited to see the CAD drawings, and talk the talk about SM I felt as
if I was seeing something really special. The challenge you are
putting forth on design will be a tough hurdle for all the rest. I'm
really looking hard at that penny jar for SM funds.

I was saddened to read about your father, as since this project took
off towards Chicago we haven't spoken much. My condolences. I miss my
father too. You never really get over it. But the memories are
priceless.

We'll miss you at the Fix-a-thon.

My best to you, and your lovely wife, always,

Mario
Pinthetic

Friend and neighbor.

mnpinball

May 7, 2007, 1:38:00 AM5/7/07
> I want to say thanks to Sheridan Oursler for helping us out ...
>
> read more »
Steve, it's your wit, honesty, style, and your giving and caring on
this group is why I think of you as one of the best people in
pinball. I have always liked your pins and in my whole collection
your games are what I have the most of.

>From what I have read, seen, and what you describe I can only imagine
Spider-man being the pinnacle game in your career. What better team to
have graced a machine as Steve Ritchie, Lyman Sheats and Kevin
O'Connor these guys are talent with a capitol T !

May you be blessed with many more games to follow. I can only say that
with the quality of games and the hard work in front and behind the
scenes I can only see a bright future ahead with Stern Pinball Inc.

Keep up the great work Stern. Is my game here yet !!!! :-)

Jason.
www.myspace.com/sternpinball

Vegemite Nick

May 7, 2007, 2:12:42 AM5/7/07

Ron Strom

May 7, 2007, 4:46:00 AM5/7/07
WOW! what a post, thanks.

'Ya know... if Nicastro would have had a rapport like yours he might be
liked by someone other than his mother.

I hope this is Stern's best rollout ever (Until Monty Python of course
;-)
--
Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

In article <1178497222.6...@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
kin...@aol.com says...

toyboy6

May 7, 2007, 8:58:50 AM5/7/07
Awesome job Steve. To show you what a class act he is, I sent him a
personal e-mail with a request last week and he took time out of his
busy schedule to respond back within a day. The man just loves
pinball, this community needs more people like him who don't feel the
need to go around bashing everyone just because they might have a
differing opinion. I'm not one for spending a bunch of money sight
unseen, but I took the plunge already. After reading this post...I'm
jazzed, Spider-Man can't get to my door fast enough.

You hit the Jackpot, Tiger!

ArcadeForever

May 7, 2007, 9:30:07 AM5/7/07
Steve,

Thanks for the post, it great to see your passion for this game and I
look forward to playing it.

arcadeforever

chuck

May 7, 2007, 9:44:10 AM5/7/07

Steve,

Thanks for keeping new pins coming. A vasy majority of people support
stern's efforts and really appreciate everything you guys do.

I can't wait to play it ;-)

djcha...@hotmail.com

May 7, 2007, 10:19:26 AM5/7/07
My family has never been able to bring a "new in the box" game home
before... We are saving big time to make Spider-man the first! Thanks
Steve, this just made me all the more excited and determined to bring
this baby home. I know this is gonna be a great one!

Chuck E.

Steve

May 7, 2007, 11:00:06 AM5/7/07

The music is original. We found that Danny Elfman stuff is, well,
Elvish! His music for the movies was small and non-descript too much
of the time. In other words, he's part Elf and part man, and who
could write great music with heredity like that? It just wasn't
strong enough to grab us. David Thiel wrote all the music, except the
Spider-Man song....wait and see.

Steve

azpinlawyer

May 7, 2007, 11:09:15 AM5/7/07

It really baffles me how Boingo's frontman "graduated" to movie
scores. With the possible exception of the songs from the new Willy
Wonka (which I think are great), his stuff has been largely
nondescript. Good call there. And I'm glad to hear that my initial
suspicions that the theme is absent from the pin were wrong.

kirb

May 7, 2007, 11:19:28 AM5/7/07
Steve, it's always great to hear from you on RGP. Thanks for taking
the time.

Throwing a few jabs back never hurt and any humor from the 40's is OK
in my book (anyone who is offended by that missed the joke itself) as
well as anything about the funky bunch.

Great work, hope you are out riding a little.

Kirb

Koz Pinlicious

May 7, 2007, 12:50:33 PM5/7/07
thank you steve.

from day 1, i never had any doubts. steve, lyman, and all of stern
have made spider-man an AMAZING pin!

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

On May 6, 8:20 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:

> I put this together a few days ago and some of the data is already
> generally known. I also want to recognize some talented and hard-
> working people that helped create the Spider-Man Pinball Machine at
> Stern. Spider-Man Pinball contains some of the best work these
> contributors have ever done:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> As long as Jack and Korn put their Spider-Man pictures up, I guess
> it's OK to clear a few things up and take this opportunity to thank a
> lot of folks who put their best work into Spider-Man.
>
> The Spider-Man game was my ship to steer as far as play goes, but no
> pinball is ever made by one person. Lots of people never get credit
> for what they do at Stern, and it isn't an easy business to make
> pinball games.
>
> By the way, "Wait and see" means I am not going to elaborate on the
> subject matter here. It isn't a boast, a carrot-on-a-string thing or
> the fact that I want to control the flow of data, OK? It just means
> that you need to play the game and read the in-depth Pingame Journal

> Interview. Jim andKozhave been following our every move throughout

> the game's progress. There is also the Gameroom interview coming
> soon, and more will be revealed.
>

> First off,Kozis right, (and thanks for the speech call ideas, dude),

> The game has a great music package that rocks with high energy from
> the first moment, and it's about time a pinball machine got our
> collective feet tapping again! I directed the music, but the
> excellent tunes were all written by the masterful David Thiel. He is
> a gifted musician, composer and sound effects guy. Thank you, David.
> I know I am hell to work with, but you delivered anyway. Wait and
> see.

Bryan Kelly

May 7, 2007, 1:35:53 PM5/7/07
Damn you, Steve. DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU!!!!!!

Just kidding, of course. It's a little inside joke between me and
some local collectors. You see, I've always been a Williams/Bally
junkie. Never really cared for the play or looks of Stern's
pins....until POTC. Bought one, love it, and have no plans on selling
it.

The problem I have is, I've only got room for 10 pins and have 9
Williams/Bally titles (all restored or HUO) and the POTC. When I
heard Stern was doing Spidey and learned who the design team would be,
I knew I was in deep trouble. You see, I simply have to buy a Spidey
now, which means I have to sell one of my Williams/Bally titles, which
I really don't want to do. But if I want to stay married, I have no
other option. :-)

If Stern keeps up the great work, along with the help of designers
like yourself, my 10 pins may just end up being all Sterns titles.

Congrats on all the hard work and I truly look forward to getting my
own Spidey soon.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie http://www.pinfooties.com

BINK

May 7, 2007, 2:00:21 PM5/7/07

Danny Elfman was not boingo's front man, he was their composer. He
wrote the score to his first movie in 1980 and grew up as a violinist
prior to joining boingo. He has also won both an Emmy and a Grammy
award, so don't knock my #2 musical hero, second only to John Williams
in my book. Not knocking the desicion to not go with his music as, his
music was not written for the shorter sound bite time spans a pinball
needs.

Also, thanks Steve for making pinball more personal, it realy means a
lot to me and as you can see to other enthusieast to hear from the
designers themselves. i can imagine it makes Stern a bit nervous to
put yourself out there like that. so again thanks.

Scylla

May 7, 2007, 2:04:38 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 12:35 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Damn you, Steve. DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU!!!!!!
>
> Just kidding, of course. It's a little inside joke between me and
> some local collectors. You see, I've always been a Williams/Bally
> junkie. Never really cared for the play or looks of Stern's
> pins....until POTC. Bought one, love it, and have no plans on selling
> it.
>
> The problem I have is, I've only got room for 10 pins and have 9
> Williams/Bally titles (all restored or HUO) and the POTC. When I
> heard Stern was doing Spidey and learned who the design team would be,
> I knew I was in deep trouble. You see, I simply have to buy a Spidey
> now, which means I have to sell one of my Williams/Bally titles, which
> I really don't want to do. But if I want to stay married, I have no
> other option. :-)
>
> If Stern keeps up the great work, along with the help of designers
> like yourself, my 10 pins may just end up being all Sterns titles.
>
> Congrats on all the hard work and I truly look forward to getting my
> own Spidey soon.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On May 7, 10:00?am, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > The music is original. ?We found that Danny Elfman stuff is, well,
> > Elvish! ?His music for the movies was small and non-descript too much
> > of the time. ?In other words, he's part Elf and part man, and who
> > could write great music with heredity like that? ?It just wasn't
> > strong enough to grab us. ?David Thiel wrote all the music, except the
> > Spider-Man song....wait and see.
>
> > Steve- Hide quoted text -

You've got tons of space in that gameroom. Surely you can find a way
to squeeze one more in there! I mean, they slide easily with the
pinfooties, right! But if you're looking to sell your MB or SS, I
will stop on up!

Bryan Kelly

May 7, 2007, 2:22:14 PM5/7/07
Sorry scylla, it's going to be the FT.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

On May 7, 1:04�pm, Scylla <scyll...@comcast.net> wrote:

> You've got tons of space in that gameroom.  Surely you can find a way
> to squeeze one more in there!  I mean, they slide easily with the
> pinfooties, right!  But if you're looking to sell your MB or SS, I

> will stop on up!- Hide quoted text -

Lloyd Olson

May 7, 2007, 2:38:53 PM5/7/07
Not our FT. What a sad day in the hood. LTG :)

"Bryan Kelly" <bske...@aol.com> wrote in message

Sorry scylla, it's going to be the FT.

Steve

May 7, 2007, 2:45:41 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 8:09 am, azpinlawyer <gregda...@mail2lawyer.com> wrote:

Yeah, really! Boingo--yuk. There isn't a single piece that doesn't
blend in with the wallpaper. Even the licensed tunes he picked like
"Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" sucked. On SM3, he does "Let's Do
The Twist".
There is a scene in 3 where Peter has a new black suit and black dress
shirt on (fabric, not the Symbiote suit) when he goes to the jazz
club. I forgot which licensed tune he picked, but it REALLY sucked.
We tried to get AC/DC's "Back In Black", but it was horrifically
expensive. Dave Thiel's stuff is good and it rocks, but YMMV. Dave
has yet to adapt the Spider-Man Song as we would like it...No time
yet, with the basics eating all of our time. There is never enough
time.

Steve

Steve

May 7, 2007, 2:48:13 PM5/7/07

Thanks. I hope you like SM. I wish I could go riding. I have
neglected everything at home....
By the way, no jabs in that post, just the truth, like it or not.
Some people can't help themselves
with the posting fingers.

Steve

mnpinball

May 7, 2007, 2:53:45 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 1:38 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Not our FT. What a sad day in the hood. LTG :)
>
> "Bryan Kelly" <bskel...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Sorry scylla, it's going to be the FT.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On May 7, 1:04?pm, Scylla <scyll...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > You've got tons of space in that gameroom. Surely you can find a way
> > to squeeze one more in there! I mean, they slide easily with the
> > pinfooties, right! But if you're looking to sell your MB or SS, I
> > will stop on up!- Hide quoted text -

Maybe Fishtales can come over here in the Hall of Pin Bryan. I can
always upgrade. I have a real nice FT and some new side art ready. We
could trade :-) Hate to see Lloyd's game leave 'sota . Give you
something to do in your retirement :-)

Jason.

azpinlawyer

May 7, 2007, 3:03:26 PM5/7/07

Wow! I was standing in a well of ignorance, is what you're telling
me! :) I now stand corrected. And thanks for the info. Now, who do
I blame for putting that piece of misinformation in my head....

Bryan Kelly

May 7, 2007, 3:34:05 PM5/7/07
Sad day indeed. Lloyd. First pin I ever bought from you and I still
say it's one of the nicest looking pins ever. Hate to say it, but
it's the oldest one here and I guess it gets the least amount of play.

On May 7, 1:38�pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:

> Not our FT.  What a sad day in the hood. LTG :)
>

> "Bryan Kelly" <bskel...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Sorry scylla, it's going to be the FT.
>

> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On May 7, 1:04?pm, Scylla <scyll...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > You've got tons of space in that gameroom. Surely you can find a way
> > to squeeze one more in there! I mean, they slide easily with the
> > pinfooties, right! But if you're looking to sell your MB or SS, I
> > will stop on up!- Hide quoted text -

Bryan Kelly

May 7, 2007, 3:35:36 PM5/7/07
I'll trade of for your SM, Jason. That's about what I'm going to be
asking for it. :-)

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

> Jason.- Hide quoted text -

MarcelG

May 7, 2007, 4:31:33 PM5/7/07
On May 6, 8:20 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
> [..]

> The game has a great music package that rocks with high energy from
> the first moment, and it's about time a pinball machine got our
> collective feet tapping again! I directed the music, but the
> excellent tunes were all written by the masterful David Thiel. He is
> a gifted musician, composer and sound effects guy. Thank you, David.
> I know I am hell to work with, but you delivered anyway. Wait and
> see.
>
> [..]

Hi Steve. It's a thrill to see you still posting here.
Is Dave Thiel the same guy who programmed the sound for QBert and a
slew of other 80s Gottlieb games (video and pins) ? If so, it's a very
impressive track record!

Marcel

Steve

May 7, 2007, 4:34:24 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 10:35 am, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Damn you,Steve. DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU!!!!!!

> Just kidding, of course. It's a little inside joke between me and
> some local collectors. You see, I've always been a Williams/Bally
> junkie. Never really cared for the play or looks of Stern's
> pins....until POTC. Bought one, love it, and have no plans on selling
> it.
>
> The problem I have is, I've only got room for 10 pins and have 9
> Williams/Bally titles (all restored or HUO) and the POTC. When I
> heard Stern was doing Spidey and learned who the design team would be,
> I knew I was in deep trouble. You see, I simply have to buy a Spidey
> now, which means I have to sell one of my Williams/Bally titles, which
> I really don't want to do. But if I want to stay married, I have no
> other option. :-)
>
> If Stern keeps up the great work, along with the help of designers
> like yourself, my 10 pins may just end up being all Sterns titles.
>
> Congrats on all the hard work and I truly look forward to getting my
> own Spidey soon.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On May 7, 10:00?am,Steve<king...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > The music is original. ?We found that Danny Elfman stuff is, well,
> > Elvish! ?His music for the movies was small and non-descript too much
> > of the time. ?In other words, he's part Elf and part man, and who
> > could write great music with heredity like that? ?It just wasn't
> > strong enough to grab us. ?David Thiel wrote all the music, except the

> > Spider-Man song....wait and see.
>
> >Steve

All the designers that have done recent stuff are either from Williams
or Bally. Coincidence? I think not. Fun and better quality games
lately? Yes Stern has come a ways, and we are doing everything we can
to get good pinball machines on the street.

Steve

May 7, 2007, 4:49:10 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 12:03 pm, azpinlawyer <gregda...@mail2lawyer.com> wrote:
> On May 7, 11:00 am, BINK <CPM...@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> > Also, thanksStevefor making pinball more personal, it realy means a

> > lot to me and as you can see to other enthusieast to hear from the
> > designers themselves. i can imagine it makes Stern a bit nervous to
> > put yourself out there like that. so again thanks.
>
> Wow! I was standing in a well of ignorance, is what you're telling
> me! :) I now stand corrected. And thanks for the info. Now, who do
> I blame for putting that piece of misinformation in my head....

Well, we are all entitled to like who we like. I certainly agree with
your first choice. #1 John Williams is the greatest in movies, but
Danny Elfman for me is about 100, with just about everyone else is in
front. We noticed that the music does little to reinforce the moods
in the SM films. John Williams is a master of that. He writes a
theme with a set of hooks, and it ends up being a symphony that ends
up covering all emotional bases. In Star Wars, he had a fine package
all the way to the last (first?) episode. He captures and applies the
right emotion for every scene. IJ is awesome.

It seems like someone told Danny Elfman, "Never intrude into the movie
and the psyche of the movie, just accompany the film with pleasant but
lifeless music that never stands out, kabeesh?" Then Danny said "Yes.
my mastah!", with a glazed look in his eye. Obviously he was
hypnotized by the the evil elves that raised him. What can I say?

mnpinball

May 7, 2007, 4:51:29 PM5/7/07
> to get good pinball machines on the street.- Hide quoted text -

And what will happen when these designers retire or leave ? Is any
younger blood gettting trained by the masters ? When Lawlor, Gomez,
Ritchie, and Nordman are no more that will be a sad day in pinball
history. Brian Eddy we need you ! :-)

Jason.
www.myspace.com/sternpinball

TheKorn

May 7, 2007, 6:27:29 PM5/7/07
Steve <kin...@aol.com> wrote in

> It seems like someone told Danny Elfman, "Never intrude into the movie
> and the psyche of the movie, just accompany the film with pleasant but
> lifeless music that never stands out, kabeesh?" Then Danny said "Yes.
> my mastah!", with a glazed look in his eye. Obviously he was
> hypnotized by the the evil elves that raised him. What can I say?

I think it's more that Elfman's style of composition doesn't suit your
personality, Steve. You tend to like big, loud, obnoxious, overly
testosterone driven stuff. In no way am I saying any of those as
insults, but merely as adjectives.

Elfman's has a much more "dark with finesse" style of writing, almost
creepy at times. (ex: nightmare before christmas) But that style of
music needs both complete attention and time to develop. Neither of
those are available in a pinball machine, so it makes sense they weren't
used.

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0

Joelberg

May 7, 2007, 7:02:22 PM5/7/07
Great tribute post, Steve. Passion in your work really shows in the
finished product. This goes for the entire SM team as well as
yourself. I can't wait to finally play it and can't wait to see what
you produce down the road.

-Joel

Steve

May 7, 2007, 11:05:27 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 1:31 pm, MarcelG <dragonbr...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On May 6, 8:20 pm,Steve<king...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > [..]
>
> > The game has a great music package that rocks with high energy from
> > the first moment, and it's about time a pinball machine got our
> > collective feet tapping again! I directed the music, but the
> > excellent tunes were all written by the masterful David Thiel. He is
> > a gifted musician, composer and sound effects guy. Thank you, David.
> > I know I am hell to work with, but you delivered anyway. Wait and
> > see.
>
> > [..]
>
> HiSteve. It's a thrill to see you still posting here.

> Is Dave Thiel the same guy who programmed the sound for QBert and a
> slew of other 80s Gottlieb games (video and pins) ? If so, it's a very
> impressive track record!
>
> Marcel

Yes, it's the same guy. I said Dave in my post, but he goes by
David. I like seeing your
posts here, too. Take care Marcel.

Steve

Steve

May 7, 2007, 11:13:03 PM5/7/07
On May 7, 3:27 pm, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:

> I think it's more that Elfman's style of composition doesn't suit your

> personality,Steve. You tend to like big, loud, obnoxious, overly

> testosterone driven stuff. In no way am I saying any of those as
> insults, but merely as adjectives.
>
> Elfman's has a much more "dark with finesse" style of writing, almost
> creepy at times. (ex: nightmare before christmas) But that style of
> music needs both complete attention and time to develop. Neither of
> those are available in a pinball machine, so it makes sense they weren't
> used.
>
> --
> Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
> web or on DVD?
>
> http://www.webwidevideo.com/
>
> 09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0

This coming from the guy who AMPLIFIES the "big, loud, obnoxious,
overly
testosterone driven stuff." (I am not insulted at all. You spoke the
truth.) Why?
Because it's battle music! We like how it feels and maybe the music
drives us to PLAY BETTER!! It actually works on me, and I have to
believe that it works on you.

Superpin Al

May 7, 2007, 11:15:02 PM5/7/07
On May 6, 7:20 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
> I put this together a few days ago and some of the data is already
> generally known. I also want to recognize some talented and hard-
> working people that helped create the Spider-Man Pinball Machine at
> Stern. Spider-Man Pinball contains some of the best work these
> contributors have ever done:
>
> Hey guys,
>
> As long as Jack and Korn put their Spider-Man pictures up, I guess
> it's OK to clear a few things up and take this opportunity to thank a
> lot of folks who put their best work into Spider-Man.
>
> The Spider-Man game was my ship to steer as far as play goes, but no
> pinball is ever made by one person. Lots of people never get credit
> for what they do at Stern, and it isn't an easy business to make
> pinball games.
>
> By the way, "Wait and see" means I am not going to elaborate on the
> subject matter here. It isn't a boast, a carrot-on-a-string thing or
> the fact that I want to control the flow of data, OK? It just means
> that you need to play the game and read the in-depth Pingame Journal
> Interview. Jim and Koz have been following our every move throughout

> the game's progress. There is also the Gameroom interview coming
> soon, and more will be revealed.
>
> First off, Koz is right, (and thanks for the speech call ideas, dude),
> The game has a great music package that rocks with high energy from
> the first moment, and it's about time a pinball machine got our
> collective feet tapping again! I directed the music, but the
> excellent tunes were all written by the masterful David Thiel. He is
> a gifted musician, composer and sound effects guy. Thank you, David.
> I know I am hell to work with, but you delivered anyway. Wait and
> see.

You're a class act Steve. Keep up the good work!

Al

Gunstar Hero

May 7, 2007, 11:17:57 PM5/7/07
Danny Elfman has had some off-ish moments, but big, loud and obnoxious
is something he can do just fine... remember the Batman score? Totally
bad ass. =)

Steve

May 8, 2007, 1:05:32 AM5/8/07

That might be the exception, alright. It was a good and brash score.

Steve

CornCob

May 8, 2007, 6:39:33 AM5/8/07

Wow. Hope it's a good as you imply and I will wait for the casino
near goodge st. station to have one in before I comment.

Ping

TheKorn

May 8, 2007, 6:55:45 AM5/8/07
Steve <kin...@aol.com> wrote in

> This coming from the guy who AMPLIFIES the "big, loud, obnoxious,
> overly
> testosterone driven stuff." (I am not insulted at all. You spoke the
> truth.)

True! So I think I'm qualified to identify BLOOTDS when I see it! :)

> Why?
> Because it's battle music! We like how it feels and maybe the music
> drives us to PLAY BETTER!! It actually works on me, and I have to
> believe that it works on you.

Oh yeah, absolutely. It just sounded like you were dissin' the elfman in
general; without music that isn't BLOOTDS, everything would sound the
same! :)

(i.e. I like some of elfman's stuff, in the right setting.)

Hassell Castle

May 8, 2007, 12:37:03 PM5/8/07
Thank you Steve for all you do for pinball and keeping the game alive
by bringing new and exciting pinball machines into the market.

Take care,
Craig Hassell

marc_b

May 8, 2007, 12:53:37 PM5/8/07

> Because it's battle music! We like how it feels and maybe the music
> drives us to PLAY BETTER!! It actually works on me, and I have to
> believe that it works on you.- Hide quoted text -

It totally works! Does Spidey have that type of driven music? It's the
number one best thing about BK2K. "Battle music"- I like it.

marc_b

Matt Young

May 8, 2007, 1:48:46 PM5/8/07
I agree on the DAMN YOU (and THANK YOU) factor. Now I'm gonna have to
buy one. And put it right next to my (All time favorite) BK2K. Think
Spidey's music will beat that? I say no chance, but I can't wait to
hear.

Somehow my gameroom has gone from a Steve Ritchie room to a Lawlor room
to a Brian Eddy room and found its way back to a Steve Ritchie room.
I'm a speed addict.

Beyond all the great games, thanks a lot for posting here, Steve...
fascinating to read.

Matt

movierev...@yahoo.com

May 8, 2007, 2:23:39 PM5/8/07
Is all the music in TSPP Elfman's?

Mark Malmberg - Ceres, California

Wolfe39

May 8, 2007, 3:02:25 PM5/8/07
Steve,
Thanks for the insight on the game. I can't wait to get mine. It will be my
first NIB pin and second Stern.
As far as rules go, how deep will they be and how difficult will it be to
beat it? As an average player, I found that LOTR was way too difficult to
ever get to the end and is why I ended up selling it.
Thanks,
--
Greg

Current: A*F*M, T*Z, WH2O, F*T, Donkey Kong, Pac Man
Past: L*O*T*R, C*V, R*B, N*G*G, S*C, Escape Lost World

http://www.wolfesarcade.com

"Hassell Castle" <cw...@hassellcastle.com> wrote in message

goatdan

May 8, 2007, 6:01:32 PM5/8/07

Actually, while I *love* Elfman's music, I would say that the Batman
score wouldn't work for a pinball machine either.

The difference between Danny Elfman's stuff and John Williams is that
with Elfman, you almost need to hear the whole tune to really feel
like you got it. With Williams stuff, if for whatever reason you only
hear the first couple bars, you still get the general feel for the
song.

The original Batman score, which is great, takes a while to really get
into the meat of the song, and I don't think it could be easily
divided up into a simple part for a pinball machine. On the other
hand, JP plays a quick bit of that theme in it, and even if it only
plays the first six notes, everyone knows where that theme came from.
I challenge anyone to take any of Elfman's themes and play only the
first six notes for someone else and see if they know what it is. I
bet you won't find many (or any) people that do.

Steve

May 9, 2007, 10:27:59 PM5/9/07

You are right about the Batman score. DE wrote some good stuff that I
was humming for a few days....not Spider-Man. I wish. But I don't
fret. We need a hot rocking machine to go with the fast play and
battle with all the villains. I think it sounds great, but there is
an awful lot missing right now. David Thiel will be giving us stuff
for a few more weeks I think.

Steve