Baby Pac-Man: Lost ROMs found! (?)

gwoodcock

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
I was reading the WMS Baby Pac-Man ROM archive README file and it
says:

NOTE: We found a Bally Service Bulletin, dated
July 11, 1983, that refers to a set of ROMs
with 891-16 (presumably a newer revision)
at VIDIOT location U9. We have no idea what
that is, and can't locate a copy of the chip.

Lo and behold; that is what is on my boardset. Would anybody
like a copy of this ROM data or is it commonly available?

P.S. I am stuck at 9 flashes on my vidiot board; anybody have
any ideas?

P.P.S. The entire power section of my game is unscrewed and
loose; anybody care to take a photograph of it and post it
somewhere so I can see how to screw all tha junk into the bottom
of the cabinet?

THANX...Gregg wood...@fastlane.net http://www.fastlane.net/~woodcock
*CLASSIC VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR BUY/SELL/TRADE NON-COMPUTER (ARCADE/HOME)*
"If you quote me on this I'll have to deny it; I won't remember because
I have such a bad memory. Not only that, but my memory is *terrible*."
Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

dragster73

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
P.S. I am stuck at 9 flashes on my vidiot board; anybody have
any ideas.

yes i would look at u19 through u26 if any of these ram are bad
you wont get the 10th flash.

Dave Hollister

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
It may be common. That is what I find on my Vidiot.

gwoodcock <wood...@fastlane.net> wrote in message

> I was reading the WMS Baby Pac-Man ROM archive README file and it
> says:
>
> NOTE: We found a Bally Service Bulletin, dated
> July 11, 1983, that refers to a set of ROMs
> with 891-16 (presumably a newer revision)
> at VIDIOT location U9. We have no idea what
> that is, and can't locate a copy of the chip.
>
> Lo and behold; that is what is on my boardset. Would anybody
> like a copy of this ROM data or is it commonly available?
>

> P.S. I am stuck at 9 flashes on my vidiot board; anybody have

> any ideas?
>
> P.P.S. The entire power section of my game is unscrewed and
> loose; anybody care to take a photograph of it and post it
> somewhere so I can see how to screw all tha junk into the bottom
> of the cabinet?
>
> THANX...Gregg wood...@fastlane.net http://www.fastlane.net/~woodcock
> *CLASSIC VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR BUY/SELL/TRADE NON-COMPUTER (ARCADE/HOME)*
> "If you quote me on this I'll have to deny it; I won't remember because
> I have such a bad memory. Not only that, but my memory is *terrible*."

dwight_...@my-deja.com

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Hi
I have two different versions. The older version plays
complete power up tunes while the newer version sounds
like it has the hiccups. Both seem to otherwise work the
same. I wonder what was changed?
The most common problem with the last flash is either
the video RAM or the video controller. The video controller
chips are getting real hard to come by because they are
no longer made.
I am told that they were used in TI/99 computers but
I've not checked this out. I was also told that it was
a good idea to mount a heat sink in this chip.
Dwight

In article <8j088g$5lpap$1...@fu-berlin.de>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

xC0000005

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
> I am told that they were used in TI/99 computers but
>I've not checked this out. I was also told that it was
>a good idea to mount a heat sink in this chip.
What chip is that?

John Robertson

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
The video processor chip, TMS9928A we sell them NOS for $25US.

John :-#)#

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
mailto:j...@flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com

dragster73

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00
I dont know what version is which but i do know that on some
baby pac machines if you try to make the game way to easy using
the dipswitch settings that on some machines the game will go
into slam tilt or just tilt by shooting the ball through the
left or right spinner. I dont know if this is the reason for the
two different versions though. maybe someone could check out
what i am saying. Set all the dipswitches to make as easy as you
can and then try shooting the ball through the spinners.