The Return of Sharpie Master!!!

Rob Bell

Oct 13, 2004, 12:12:03 AM10/13/04
Hi all,

Well, I'm in the middle of shopping my SC and decided that since I am not
going to install my new cabinet decals until a later date, I might as well
jazz up the completly faded left side of this game. Turned out ok for
Sharpie Master ;-) Take a look:

http://www.robsgameroom.com/SC.htm

Thanks,

Rob Bell
CARGPB20 ;-)
Home of the T2 and TOM Owner's List
CFTBL, SS, TOM, T2, SC, NBA, SH, G*rgar, Xen*n
http://www.robsgameroom.com

Randy P.

Oct 13, 2004, 12:29:06 AM10/13/04
Wow, nice work Rob! I've got a Funhouse that I was gonna put Darin's decals
on...maybe I'll reconsider ;-) (jk)

Randy

"Rob Bell" <rob_...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Rob Bell

Oct 13, 2004, 1:08:39 AM10/13/04
I replaced red, orange, yellow and green (yellow sharpie over blue ink).

The blue and black did not fade or need to be touched up. So the shade under
the pinkie is just yellow sharpie over the fine black haze of dots.

"bogart" <sc...@itlcsPADDING.net> wrote in message
> HOLY CRAP!
> That's amazing work there Rob! You just added back the Red and Yellow?
> How did you get that shading in there below the pinky finger on the
> backbox? I might have to try this on my WH2O!
>
> bogart

The_Black_Knight

Oct 13, 2004, 1:06:18 AM10/13/04
I have used the same effect on my totally faded out Eight Ball Deluxe
"Classic" backbox. Everything was black and white, with just a bare outline
of yellow color, but enough to trace out, and restore.

After completing the worked with professional paint pens, you cannot tell
the difference, from the factory, use just have to go slow, to prevent lines
from showing up, while coloring. It is definately labor intensive.

Great job, and much improved on your SafeCracker.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

The Washington State Pinball Stronghold
"A Fortress Protecting the Silver Ball"

www.geocities.com/pinball_jack

someotherguy

Oct 13, 2004, 1:39:23 AM10/13/04
No shit.. you ARE the Sharpie Master! Who'da thunk it could be done?
What I really wanna know is, where did you get SC cabinet stickers?!

Richard

Postman516

Oct 13, 2004, 2:37:36 AM10/13/04
Very nice work with only one real problem. Don't go near it with Windex,
Fantastic or some other household cleaner or it will all wipe away & all of
your hard work will be gone!

Mike in Ny

Martin Hirsch

Oct 13, 2004, 2:52:18 AM10/13/04
Looks real good Rob.

Where did you use the orange? It all looks red, did you blend the two
colors. I also don't see any green. I may also have to try this since one
side if my SC is faded. How does it compare to the otherside which I'm
assuming is unfaded.

Martin.

Ben

Oct 13, 2004, 1:15:53 AM10/13/04
Nice job!

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:12:03 GMT, "Rob Bell" <rob_...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>Hi all,

John Wart, jr

Oct 13, 2004, 7:40:03 AM10/13/04
I believe the set came with his game, RnR ran some back when they were in
the cabinet decal business....

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com
"someotherguy" <someotherguy@SPAM_SUCKSsomeotherplace.com> wrote in message

Mike Doyle

Oct 13, 2004, 12:01:21 PM10/13/04
On the same topic, I've found Testor's Gloss Black Paint Pens work
wonders on cabinet nicks (black areas of course). The paint almost
seems to melt into the original ink- literally. Even viewing it from
a lighted angle the gloss is an exact match.

Just thought I'd mention that....

Mike Doyle

Randy P.

Oct 13, 2004, 10:18:40 AM10/13/04
FYI, Windex will take off the *original* red, too. I think the only safe
thing to clean those cabs with is a soft diaper with maybe a mist of water,
infrequently.

Randy

"Postman516" <postm...@aol.com> wrote in message

Rob Bell

Chris

Oct 13, 2004, 9:22:30 PM10/13/04
kilke...@aol.com (Mike Doyle) wrote in message news:<b438acaa.04101...@posting.google.com>...

Ah, is it just me? I can't see what you guys are talking about. I
wouldn't even mess with a cab in that condition to begin with. I see
other pins in the background that it will probably sit next to.
Who's gonna see it anyaway? I restore my pins to a level that I find
accepatble, honest wear allowed. To each his own I suppose.

Chris

MPG

Oct 13, 2004, 5:02:29 PM10/13/04
Wow, what a difference! I might try that on my TM:B*oP; the reds on my
cabinet have faded away into oblivion (though oddly, not on the
backbox...). They're just normal marker pens, right? Any tips or
techniques you'd care to share with the group?

Matt
====

Rob Bell

Oct 13, 2004, 9:42:51 PM10/13/04
To each his/her own, but since new cabinet decals are going in in the
future, no need to see cabinet fade now ;-)

And the game will be set up cady-corner(sp?) like the one I had before:

http://www.robsgameroom.com/images/ppDSCF0016.JPG

So you would see the cabinet.

Rob Bell
CARGPB20 ;-)
Home of the T2 and TOM Owner's List
CFTBL, SS, TOM, T2, SC, NBA, SH, G*rgar, Xen*n
http://www.robsgameroom.com

"Chris" <kcl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Chris

Oct 13, 2004, 9:22:14 PM10/13/04

Rob Bell

Oct 13, 2004, 5:19:40 PM10/13/04
1. Take your time and keep your pen strokes even.
2. Always have your sharpie pointing downwards. (for best ink flow)
3. If you do not like the way a color looks or if you make a small error,
keep wet q-tips close by to remove the ink before it dries.
4. Use a ruler for lond straight lines.

Hope that helps. Remember, it's just coloring for adults ;-)

Rob Bell
CARGPB20 ;-)
Home of the T2 and TOM Owner's List
CFTBL, SS, TOM, T2, SC, NBA, SH, G*rgar, Xen*n
http://www.robsgameroom.com

"MPG" <tige...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

J Dix

Oct 13, 2004, 6:43:50 PM10/13/04
That is so damn cool! I love cheap do-it-yourself jobs that come out
looking good. I might reconsider grabbing this nice BK2000 I have
been looking at with a badly faded cabinet now!

Way to go!