classicarcadegrafix good or bad for repro translite

basemn...@yahoo.com

Jul 9, 2005, 7:44:31 PM7/9/05
I have been looking for a replacement TOM translite with no luck, has
anyone ever bought a repro translite from classicarcadegrafix and are
they any good???? Want to find out before buying one.

Cayle George

Jul 9, 2005, 7:55:13 PM7/9/05
I just got a custom print from them on the translite material they
offer. It looked really great, (good printing if you go 600dpi), but
when backlit, the blacks grey a bit. I would rate it about 85% with the
only deduction being the blacks not blocking all the light.

I have seen a repro Dracula translite from this company that a friend
bought:
http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/

I swear it looked better than the original. :) They offer stuff that is
not listed on their site, maybe they make a TOM one???

good luck, -cAyle

Sojourner353

Jul 9, 2005, 8:04:55 PM7/9/05
I have contacted them about the makings of their Translites and this is
what they told me.

"Our translites are printed on a special backlit material that is
designed for backlit applications. It has a white diffused back and is front
printed but looks really good. It is very similiar to the ones previously
offered by arcadegrafix.com but ours is front printed so it does not have
the milky front that some of theirs did."

I do have one in my HSII that I bought from Arcadegrafix.com when they
were running and its the best quality I have seen in a Repo Translite, I say
give it a go.

As for buying from this company, I haven't myself and haven't heard any
feedback from anyone as yet, but they do reply very fast to emails.

Hope this has helped.

Kevin

<basemn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

TheKorn

Jul 9, 2005, 8:29:15 PM7/9/05
basemn...@yahoo.com wrote in news:1120952671.142634.153510
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> I have been looking for a replacement TOM translite with no luck, has
> anyone ever bought a repro translite from classicarcadegrafix and are
> they any good???? Want to find out before buying one.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. holy _shit_ do people EVER look at the archive?!?

Sorry, but arcade grafix is THE MOST F*CKING TALKED ABOUT company in the
archives, save for maybe IPBM.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK, OR -->DON'T<-- FEEL BAD WHEN WE -->WON'T<-- FEEL SORRY
FOR YOU.

'nuff said.

TheKorn

Jul 9, 2005, 8:30:49 PM7/9/05
TheKorn <The...@TheKorn.Net> wrote in news:Xns968EC63FED46qqwwaass@
207.115.63.158:

OK, I'm an ass. Disregard; I thought you were talking about the original
arcadegrafix. Sorry.

Cayle George

Jul 9, 2005, 10:05:14 PM7/9/05
Rofl at Korn. Yes this place has a very similar name to a scam, but the
place mentioned here IS reputable. I purchased from them last week, and
got my package in 3 days. :)

Good luck :)

Rockola

Jul 9, 2005, 10:29:15 PM7/9/05
No phone number or address, same MO

zTim

Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com)

Jul 9, 2005, 10:35:38 PM7/9/05
> I thought you were talking about the original arcadegrafix.

I said it before. I guarantee they are losing business due to name
confusion. People just arent sure, so they will hesitate.

Anything with "arcade" and "grafix" in it in any configuration is going
to cause confusion.

Barry - NY

Cayle George

Jul 9, 2005, 11:21:05 PM7/9/05
Agreed Barry, they should just swallow their pride and rename
themselves, of course for a while they would have to explain that they
re-named themselves and people would think they USED to be the
scammers... oh well. :)

basemn...@yahoo.com

Jul 10, 2005, 12:31:12 AM7/10/05
Thanks for the imfo "Cayle George". Looks like I will be ordering one
and will post with what I think of it once received. It may not be
100% like the original, but it should look way better than mine with
the crack in it that can be seen from the other side of the room when
the pin is powered on.

Cayle George

Jul 10, 2005, 1:38:48 AM7/10/05
Hope it works out :)

Also, I have heard they have good customer service, so if u are not
satisfied, I bet you could work it out with them.

-cAyle

basemn...@yahoo.com

Jul 19, 2005, 3:46:53 AM7/19/05
Well I received the TOM translite today from clasicarcadegrafics and it
looks good, not perfect, but good. It is a little lighter than the
original when back lit, the colors are a off just a touch, and the
material is not as thick. I would say that it is looks close to 80%
out of 100% and the all around size is dead on to the original. Not
bad for the money, but I think that they need to tweek their printing
just a little more to get it perfect (colors need to be darker) and it
was shipped in less than a week from placing the order. Bottom line is
if you are looking for a nice replacement translite (was $70 shipped),
than they are not bad, but if you are looking for 100% original match,
better keep your open for something NOS and get ready to shell out some
bucks. If I get time, I will try to post some picks of both the
original and the repro it the pin back lit within the next week or so.

Cayle George

Jul 19, 2005, 10:49:39 AM7/19/05
That was about my take on it, have fun :)

-cAyle