Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

MM Remake 2006

3 visningar

Mr Pinball Australia

oläst,
1 maj 2006 22:21:172006-05-01
till
Our Target has been reached.

Few remaining games will be available from select Distributors.

Wayne Gillard
The Pinball Factory
www.pinball.com

mhabe...@comcast.net

oläst,
1 maj 2006 22:20:472006-05-01
till
Wayne, You need to show more pictures of what your are doing because I
dont think anyone believes you can pull this off. Can you show us some
pictures of the most complete game you have?

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

Eric Schmitt

oläst,
1 maj 2006 22:21:272006-05-01
till
Wayne,

What about your Crock Hunter target? When will those be heading out to the
dist. ?

--Eric

"Mr Pinball Australia" <sa...@mrpinball.com.au> wrote in message

MarcelG

oläst,
1 maj 2006 22:24:202006-05-01
till
alrright mr wonka

twilightzonepinball

oläst,
1 maj 2006 22:48:062006-05-01
till
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!

What is this, Wonka? Some kind of fun house?
Why? Having fun?

Awesome flick man!

-Tom

JDix

oläst,
1 maj 2006 22:51:442006-05-01
till
Mystery is fun and all, but it has it's place. When people have
thousands of dollars on the line, things should be straight up and
clear.

I wish you luck in pulling this off Wayne, but anyone who fronted $2500
based on what has been presented thus far is very reckless with their
money.

I know I don't have the stones for such a risk . . . .

Pinman

oläst,
1 maj 2006 23:09:112006-05-01
till
WHO CARES. It's a freakin' pipe dream.

"Mr Pinball Australia" <sa...@mrpinball.com.au> wrote in message

Alex

oläst,
1 maj 2006 23:25:082006-05-01
till
go die please. thank you.

Ron Strom

oläst,
2 maj 2006 00:18:552006-05-02
till
In article <xmz5g.20608$vy1....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
sa...@mrpinball.com.au says...

> Our Target has been reached.
>
> Few remaining games will be available from select Distributors.
>
> Wayne Gillard
> The Pinball Factory

Uh huh... sure... OK!
--
Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

Kenbo

oläst,
2 maj 2006 00:05:072006-05-02
till
On Tue, 02 May 2006 02:21:17 GMT, "Mr Pinball Australia"
<sa...@mrpinball.com.au> wrote:

>Our Target has been reached.

You made payroll?

nomad

oläst,
2 maj 2006 00:30:372006-05-02
till
Time to make a run to Loompa land to get some workers Willy!!

nomad

Chris Evans

oläst,
2 maj 2006 01:24:002006-05-02
<sa...@mrpinball.com.au> wrote:

>Our Target has been reached.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it has.

>Few remaining games will be available from select Distributors.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure they will.

Abby Normal

oläst,
2 maj 2006 01:31:142006-05-02
till
I want to believe!

But right now I don't see enough proof.

Don't get me wrong, I want this to be real. I want someone other than
stern to be in the pinball game. I want pinball not to die out.

phoenixarcade.com

oläst,
2 maj 2006 01:35:192006-05-02
till
perhaps the local group of aussies that want to take a tour of the
factory will actually get that tour and see something of substance and
report back to us

Virt

oläst,
2 maj 2006 03:50:312006-05-02
till

And will our eyes in our lifetime
Fall upon a new machine?
And the unholy King of Payne
In backblock factories e'er be seen?

And will GI's most pleasant glow
Shine forth amidst TPF's hills?
And will MM be rebuilt here
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor flipper fingers still my hand
Till Wayne has built a new MM
In Melbourne's grey unpleasant land.

Donnie Barnes

oläst,
2 maj 2006 05:16:492006-05-02
till

I think we'll need a local group of Indians or Chinese, but whatever...

--Donnie

pescefritte

oläst,
2 maj 2006 07:24:492006-05-02
till
I love the way this guy pops his head up, dribbles some shit and then goes
away and doesn't bother to respond to anyone in a public forum. How elitist.

To those of you who plonked down some cash on this mirage, I hope you
eventually get a refund.

"Mr Pinball Australia" <sa...@mrpinball.com.au> wrote in message

CornCob

oläst,
2 maj 2006 07:59:332006-05-02
till
Is Crock Hunter still going to be produced?

Ping

Walt

oläst,
2 maj 2006 08:24:282006-05-02
till
What?
He don't have sh_t.
Any pics you'll see is Wayne
runnin with the cash!

beaver

oläst,
2 maj 2006 08:44:122006-05-02
till
Virt is definitely the Bard amongst us.

More on topic, I would echo Abby's sentiment. I want to believe, and
it would be good to see some pictures of an assembly line cranking out
Crock Hunter. It would provide the promise that other machines are
forthcoming.

Edward Cheung

bluesteve

oläst,
2 maj 2006 09:07:282006-05-02
till
It must be seeming like I have some vested interest here - which I
don't - but do try and understand the strategy. If Wayne tries to get
involved in discussion here he will always be cut down. Trying to
argue invariably results in a lose lose outcome. One post from him
will always attract at least ten detractors - just Google to see - you
can't possibly argue with all of them. See what happens every time
Allen Shoppe tries to to post. Pinlicious jumps in and belts the hell
out of him every time he gives it a go - so why bother? Probably best
to just say want you have to and not get involved in the retorts.
Those that want some information get it - those that want to argue
about it have to do it amongst themselves..........
Cheers - Steve

twilightzonepinball

oläst,
2 maj 2006 09:14:472006-05-02
till
Seems more troll-like than informative. His original post could have
had more substance. If the project is so secretive then why post at
all? It's more like "ha-ha, we got the orders and I win". Yea right, "I
need 100 more orders", a few days later, "we got the 100 we needed by
posting here". Give me a break!

-Tom

kirb

oläst,
2 maj 2006 09:17:272006-05-02
till

He is using the groups like others suggested- don't waste your time
here, make parts.

The idea is to use the group to your advantage. He alone screwed up his
rep here, so the tactic has to be brief. Post your statement, walk
away. You may get a lurker to buy into your BS.

I suspect this post was not to inform, but to try and get a few last
minute Joes who are going to get in. I don't trust him to have 1k
pre-orders that actually put down real money. I doubt he would ever say
that they did. Maybe some other trade (I'll buy 50 of your MM when they
are made and 100 of whatever other games you produce) or something like
that.

There isn't 1000 individuals on this planet dumb enough to risk that
kind of money on an unproven horse.

Kirb

bluesteve

oläst,
2 maj 2006 09:38:142006-05-02
till
Look - if Wayne doesn't make the machines he will burn in RGP hell -
which probably won't warrant a mention on his gravestone, let alone
make the front page of the papers. If he does, it probably wont do
either also, but a few people might get some enjoyment from his maybe
foolish attempts at becoming a second relevant pinball manufacturer.
What is the problem? I really don't think that he is taking away from
others prepared to do the same thing - otherwise someone else would
have put the farm on the line and bought the Bally franchise. And
there has certainly been a lot more activity as late from others
entitled to make the parts we are after since he has declared his right
to do so..- that is in itself a positive. .And looking at TZ's
immediate
post - doesnt that prove what I am saying here...............Tom should
know what it is like to be on the other side of the fence.
Cheers - Steve

kenn...@yahoo.com

oläst,
2 maj 2006 09:41:472006-05-02
till
While me may not like Wayne's practices, this is not an appropriate
post, not even in jest.

K2

kirb

oläst,
2 maj 2006 09:44:432006-05-02
till

bluesteve wrote:
> Look - if Wayne doesn't make the machines he will burn in RGP hell -
> which probably won't warrant a mention on his gravestone, let alone
> make the front page of the papers. If he does, it probably wont do
> either also, but a few people might get some enjoyment from his maybe
> foolish attempts at becoming a second relevant pinball manufacturer.
> What is the problem?

So, you put down a deposit then?

>I really don't think that he is taking away from
> others prepared to do the same thing - otherwise someone else would
> have put the farm on the line and bought the Bally franchise. And
> there has certainly been a lot more activity as late from others
> entitled to make the parts we are after since he has declared his right
> to do so..- that is in itself a positive. .And looking at TZ's
> immediate
> post - doesnt that prove what I am saying here...............Tom should
> know what it is like to be on the other side of the fence.
> Cheers - Steve

You can put whatever view you want on it. I don't agree at all and I
think his venture could damage pinball or at least the parts supply. MM
is a good game to take a shot at a re-make. He hasn't shown any proof
that he can build a game and decides to risk a lot of others money on a
dream. I do have a problem with that.

Gene's tactic for repop BBB was better laid out than this...hard to
imagine.

Kirb

mnpinball

oläst,
2 maj 2006 10:13:302006-05-02
till
So many of these parts are unavailable and the molds lost or in Gene's
hands. Look at the ball through and speaker display panel. No one has
the molds for the speaker display panel and none are available. The
ball through is owned by Gene. This will be interesting.
And the game will not say Williams, sure glad I own my game. It will
never leave me.

Jason.
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/mnpinball

Hassell Castle

oläst,
2 maj 2006 11:18:142006-05-02
till
Don't worry about it Mike.

He'll never respond. He never does when anyone asks him a point blank
question regarding progress.
Bottom line, it will never happen.

Craig

On 1 May 2006 19:20:47 -0700, mhabe...@comcast.net wrote:

>Wayne, You need to show more pictures of what your are doing because I
>dont think anyone believes you can pull this off. Can you show us some
>pictures of the most complete game you have?
>
>Mike
>www.HabosArcade.com

nomad

oläst,
2 maj 2006 11:27:432006-05-02
till
>>There isn't 1000 individuals on this planet dumb enough to risk that
kind of money on an unproven horse

I don't know this guy from Adam but he sure seems certain (from last
weeks same BS thread)

"We have 50 of these on order and I am SURE they will happen.

Phil
Pinball Heaven"

nomad

beaver

oläst,
2 maj 2006 11:36:352006-05-02
till
I understand the point that some parts are unique, but if MM2 is made,
I can see substitutions made to overcome these kinds of issues. New
molds can be made, etc.

Edward Cheung (also glad to have the original).

Virt

oläst,
2 maj 2006 11:48:342006-05-02
till
Yes. But only where they own the patent.

For example, TPF has already confirmed that their version of MM wont
have the plastic 'ramp splitters' that stop SDTM drains, because they
don't own the patent. To me this will result in significantly
different gameplay on their version of MM.

I wonder what other aspects of TPF's MM will need to change due to
patent issues...?

Ron Strom

oläst,
2 maj 2006 11:54:462006-05-02
till
I hate to say it but I hope that those that "invested" their funds with
this asshole lose it.

I believe in the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" and
maybe if enough of them are there will be some legal action against this
fraud.

--
Ron -- CARGPB7 -- (Change hot to ice to email)

In article <44574181$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, vgha...@hotmail.com says...

Ron Strom

oläst,
2 maj 2006 12:09:072006-05-02
till
In article <1146575248.5...@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
srei...@blueprint.net.au says...

> It must be seeming like I have some vested interest here - which I
> don't - but do try and understand the strategy. If Wayne tries to get
> involved in discussion here he will always be cut down.

He wouldn't be if he would show that he has something tangible.
Pictures of his factory, partial product, progress, anything of
substance.

In fact, if he were to do so it would not only increase his credibility
but more folks would place orders. His silence says all I need to know
about him and his "Business".

--

MrBellMan

oläst,
2 maj 2006 12:26:202006-05-02
till
"I hate to say it but I hope that those that "invested" their funds
with this asshole lose it."

I think that's a bit harsh Ron. There are probably a lot of people out
there that pre-ordered this game without knowing Wayne's reputation. I
hope for people that are a part of this group and know what Wayne is
about do not lose thier money. I could care less if the game gets made
or not. I just don't want to see people lose a ton of money.

FWIW: There is no way I would ever put down that chunk of change
without something in writing telleng me that if the game did not get
made, I would get my money back.

Rob Bell
CARGPB20 ;-)
www.robsgameroom.com

Boyd Bottorff

oläst,
2 maj 2006 21:45:272006-05-02
till
> I love the way this guy pops his head up, dribbles some shit and then goes
> away and doesn't bother to respond to anyone in a public forum. How elitist.

Considering some of the earlier flamewars he was part of, I'm more than
happy to see him sniping and ignoring everyhing after that.

bluesteve

oläst,
3 maj 2006 09:00:452006-05-03
till
And I think here you illustrate my original point perfectly. Again -
just ask Allen. He's tried doing what you say - and look where it has
got him....
Cheers - Steve

David Marston

oläst,
12 maj 2006 20:31:562006-05-12
till
In article <1146577307....@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,

While I appreciate your concern for responsible usage of Usenet, you didn't
quote the article/passage that you think is not appropriate. Reading this
several days later, catching up many acrimonious articles on this thread,
I can't be sure which article you meant.

Quoting is essential because you don't know how all the different news
reader programs organize threads. I have a choice of several ways with
this one newsreader alone. Furthermore, your post above could be the first
one in this thread that I saw this session, after a few days away.
--
................David Marston at MV

mcdurvish1

oläst,
12 maj 2006 21:31:152006-05-12
till
#1- There are no pinballs comming out of "DOWN UNDER LAND".....EVER!
# 2- Talks about reproducing the most popular machines so people
will stop talking about the non-existing "BUNCH OF CROCK" Hunter
#3 Smoke and mirrors rule the day when it comes to Wayne and the
"fail to produce" pinball's after nothing but PROMISES PROMISES
PROMISES!

EVERYONE SHOULD BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE AND NOTHING THAT YOU HEAR
OR READ WHEN IT COMES TO WAYNE!!!!!! Save your money for machines you
can touch. I just don't want to see people get burned by the king of
con-men," WAYNEO"

mcdurvish

tomca...@gmail.com

oläst,
12 maj 2006 21:33:552006-05-12
till

David Marston wrote:
> In article <1146577307....@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,
> <kenn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >While me may not like Wayne's practices, this is not an appropriate
> >post, not even in jest.
> >K2
>
> While I appreciate your concern for responsible usage of Usenet, you didn't
> quote the article/passage that you think is not appropriate. Reading this
> several days later, catching up many acrimonious articles on this thread,
> I can't be sure which article you meant.

Common sense dictates this response was to:

From: Alex - view profile

go die please. thank you.

(however I do agree with you in general RE: quoting)

metallik

oläst,
12 maj 2006 21:56:292006-05-12
till
You don't realize that not everyone reads USENET via google, many read
via newsreaders, and some do not read threaded views. Also, some news
servers miss posts, so if the parent wsn't on Dave's server, the reply
was useless without context.
0 nya meddelanden