I can speak DMD-ese.

beaver

Jan 7, 2008, 8:30:08 PM1/7/08
I am pretty stoked tonight. I just hooked up my FPGA prototype to the
DMD on my IJ, and was able to put up a test pattern on it. Making
progress on the A/V board.

http://www.edcheung.com/album/album07/Pinball/wpc_sound.htm#dmd

Edward Cheung CARGPB26

american...@hotmail.com

Jan 7, 2008, 8:36:03 PM1/7/08

Congrats. I gave up wire wrapping 18 years ago!

nuggy

Jan 7, 2008, 8:40:27 PM1/7/08
thats why you work for nasa !

geez ed, loved the logic analyser hookup, we call that a "rats
nest" !

most impressive (say like darth vader)

regards

ps do you get the boards spun up at work ?

beaver

Jan 7, 2008, 8:46:14 PM1/7/08
Yes, that is a major rat's nest. When I was debugging the A/V ASIC, I
would like to hook up four pods if possible, each with 16 lines. That
is a ton of wires!

The boards you see are all COTS. Not very costly either (few
hundred).

Edward Cheung CARGPB26

chuck

Jan 7, 2008, 8:59:26 PM1/7/08
On Jan 7, 8:30 pm, beaver <e...@edcheung.com> wrote:

Great work Ed.

Ratsputin

Jan 7, 2008, 9:26:47 PM1/7/08

You're my hero!

Brett

Eric S

Jan 7, 2008, 9:40:36 PM1/7/08
Very cool, Ed. I tip my hat to you. I had one VHDL course in college and
that was more than enough for me.

Eric
http://webpages.charter.net/strange218/pinball_website.htm

"beaver" <e...@edcheung.com> wrote in message

GPE

Jan 7, 2008, 9:56:26 PM1/7/08

"beaver" <e...@edcheung.com> wrote in message

Woohoo, fun stuff!!!
Looks just like the ratnest I had for testing Gottlieb stuff. I had a 6502,
3x 6532's and a bunch of glue logic on my Spartan board... still got the
VHDL for it -somewhere-. Had the Digilent boards for this as well.

-- Ed

nuggy

Jan 7, 2008, 9:56:37 PM1/7/08
i can speak fluent NPC-nese !

COTS ? as a most prominent and hated (not by me) australian politician
once said "please explain" !

:)

Kenbo

Jan 7, 2008, 10:27:26 PM1/7/08
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:30:08 -0800 (PST), beaver <e...@edcheung.com>
wrote:

Wow! Congratulations, Ed, that's AWESOME work!

PinBallLooking

Jan 7, 2008, 11:11:26 PM1/7/08

That is just too cool. Good work and good luck with the rest of the
project!
Mark

beaver

Jan 8, 2008, 5:44:28 AM1/8/08
Oops sorry. COTS means Commercial - Off The Shelf. In other words,
the boards I used were bought, and not custom made.

Thanks for the nice comments everybody. The encouragement is highly
appreciated!

Edward Cheung CARGPB26

Craig Tiano

Jan 8, 2008, 8:15:56 AM1/8/08