TinyFugue 1.1.4 released to anonymous FTP

Greg Hudson

Sep 18, 1990, 11:05:58 PM9/18/90
TinyFugue 1.1.4 has been released to belch.berkeley.edu (128.32.152.202)
at pub/mud_misc/TinyFugue.tar.Z and valkyrie.ecn.uoknor.edu
(129.15.22.6) at (until it's moved to wherever clients go)
/pub/uploads/TinyFugue.tar.Z.

The docs mention the InterNet MUD list which recently changed
address, at the old address. My mistake. If I ever re-release,
the docs will hopefully be corrected in that regard.

TinyFugue is, I believe, the most advanced TinyClient to date,
incorporating most of the features of TinyWar 1.2.3, the features
of GrimJim's TT 1.1.jwl-2 beta, many of my own enhancements (such
as extensive reentrance, trigger priority, and trigger
probability), and input/output windows.

The last is not an option; it will work with or without the cs
(set scroll area) termcap capability (VT-100 and most ANSI
emulations have it; VT-52 and Televideo do not), but without that
capability, text scrolls like in the IRC client (i.e. wrapping
bottom to top, clearing two lines ahead). I personally think
that's fine, and, even with ANSI's 6-8 char cursor goto sequences,
quite fast enough to keep up with MUDs at 2400 baud; with
Televideo's 3 char sequences, it should be able to keep up even at
1200 baud. In any case, some people don't like it; keep in mind
that in Fugue, it's not an option.

In VaporTalk 1.0, which has no scheduled release date and which I
make no promises on (although I've completed the output module for
it), it will be an option. Rather, if you don't have an input
window and have only one output window, it should work just like
Tinytalk does. (VaporTalk should be able to handle any arbitrary
number of sessions and any possibly smaller or greater of output
windows.)

Greg Hudson
"Though the Earth, and all inferior Creatures be common to all Men, yet every
Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has any Right to but
himself." -- John Locke, _Two Treatises of Government_, 2nd Treatise