DGD, archives from the pattern

Craig Johnston

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97

The Pattern is no longer up, is that correct? Is there currently
a DGD development MUD? Were the boards from The Pattern archived
somewhere? I've gotten as much in the way of documentation for DGD
as I can find -- the sim-2.4.5 lib, melville, all the generic LPC
programming stuff I can find, and am looking for more.

The driver looks really sexy but we really need some DOCS -- I was glad
to see the start of a manpage for LPC ala DGD. Anyone know anything
about when we may see DGD 1.1, and whether the manpage will be
finished? ;)

Anyone knowing of freely available mudlibs specifically for DGD,
please point me in the right direction.

--
Craig Johnston, Sysadmin, Greater New Orleans Freenet, breaker of MS boxes.
Speaking for myself and all that good stuff. Contents may be flammable.

Tim Hollebeek

Feb 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/3/97

In article <5cs5op$8...@junkie.gnofn.org>, cr...@gnofn.org writes:

> The driver looks really sexy but we really need some DOCS

Sexy? You're using DGD because its sexy?? I *knew* I had the wrong
target audience for MudOS ... :-)

Tim Hollebeek | Disclaimer :=> Everything above is a true statement,
Electron Psychologist | for sufficiently false values of true.
Princeton University | email: t...@wfn-shop.princeton.edu
----------------------| http://wfn-shop.princeton.edu/~tim (NEW! IMPROVED!)

G.W. van der Vegt

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

Craig Johnston <cr...@gnofn.org> wrote in article
<5cs5op$8...@junkie.gnofn.org>...

> The Pattern is no longer up, is that correct? Is there currently
> a DGD development MUD? Were the boards from The Pattern archived
> somewhere? I've gotten as much in the way of documentation for DGD
> as I can find -- the sim-2.4.5 lib, melville, all the generic LPC
> programming stuff I can find, and am looking for more.

I got melville running under the latest (beta) version of dgd which is
1.0.99

> The driver looks really sexy but we really need some DOCS -- I was glad
> to see the start of a manpage for LPC ala DGD. Anyone know anything
> about when we may see DGD 1.1, and whether the manpage will be
> finished? ;)

Very soon as there's not much left after 1.0.99 (expect extra digits)

> Anyone knowing of freely available mudlibs specifically for DGD,
> please point me in the right direction.

Try lysator's ftp

Wim van der Vegt

ae...@chillyclay.ny.fnx

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

On 04 Feb at 10:13:39, G.W. van der Vegt wrote <01bc1283$7ab43f20$b855b2c2@veg> which contained:

> I got melville running under the latest (beta) version of dgd which is
> 1.0.99

*shiver*

>> The driver looks really sexy but we really need some DOCS -- I was glad
>> to see the start of a manpage for LPC ala DGD. Anyone know anything
>> about when we may see DGD 1.1, and whether the manpage will be
>> finished? ;)
>
> Very soon as there's not much left after 1.0.99 (expect extra digits)

You never know, I've a long list of expected 1.1 release periods, and things
which were supposed to be in that release. It's looking a bit like Windows
95's release date, but anyhow it's definitely worth the wait.

Now if only we'd get the generic parse function, that would be a very very
good thing. It has been awaited for a very long time.

Aedil