The Isles (Version 1.5) RELEASED

Herb Gilliland

Nov 19, 1994, 11:16:53 AM11/19/94
I released The Isles four months ago, and now I am releasing the last
version, which contains only a code package, to the general public.

FTP Version 1.1, or 1.0, and replace the code with the code in this package,
known as TheIsles15.code.tar.gz or TheIsles.codepackage.tar.gz. I FTP'd
these two files to the incoming directories of marble.bu.edu and
grind.isca.uiowa.edu. If you _still_ can't get a copy, I can send it to
you via Pine MIME or uuencode, but I will only do this for a few people,
so please don't bombard me with requests.

As I send, this is the final version I of the Isles which I will be
releasing to the public. Why? My reasons are varied; I had debated
releasing this at all. But I also wanted to release this version to
leave the series with a more positive ending. Version 1.5 is the most
reliable, bug-free code that I have ever produced when writing this
mud software, and so I would hope you can understand my reasons for
finally doing this.

What of me? I'm moving on to my mud, The Isles, and I'm going to hopefully
open up for testing in a few months. What I want is to be able to use
The Isles to create a wonderful roleplaying mud, similar to Armageddon
in concept, but as an alternative to the Zalanthas theme.

Thanks for your interests, requests and comments. It's been fun.

--
lo...@telerama.lm.com | Herb Gilliland, CEO Z8soft Productions
Geek Codes available by finger | lo...@telerama.lm.com sur...@telerama.lm.com
Inquire within. | g...@telerama.lm.com