Wanted, bullet proof Merc Code

Mike Smith

Apr 14, 1993, 11:29:05 PM4/14/93
Help desperatly needed,

We have been working with Merc 1.0 code now for about a month, have dome
(sorry done) extensive modifications to the code, and have had naught but
troubles since. We had originally assumed it might have something to do with
our server, but a complete rework of the kernel disproved that theory, and
running with dbx and a logging routine showed serious flaws in the code which
we would be hard pressed to get out. My question is, can anyone supply us
with a copy of a bullet-proofed Merc 1.0, or a location where it can be ftp'd
from? We would like to keep Medievia online for our players, while we make the
conversion to Merc 2.0, and strike up corrospondance with the Merc development
team. If anyone can help, please RSVP ASAP to msm...@bigboy.cis.temple.edu, or
sp...@netaxs.com with an ftp address where the source can be obtained.

Thanks in advance,
Michael A. Smith
Medievia Implementation Team
Medievia: 129.32.32.98 4000

Please note: Adversary is gone, we are not aware of any plans for it's future
placement on any servers, or have we been advised that it will be returning to
the bigboy machine. Medievia's perminant home is at the above address, which
was previously Adversary's. We are not in competition with Adversary, or with
any Mud, Mush, Muck, or what have you. We're in it to have fun. Anyone who
might want to access our Mud with the intention of complaining about the
absense of Adversary, or to brag about it being gone, save your breath, we are
not affiliated in ANY WAY with that mud. We do not know Abaddon except from
one short conversation on Medievia, and we have not asked our sys admin about
the future plans for Adversary. As far as we know, bigboy's resources have
been allocated to only 2 services, Medievia, and Realms. Realms being a Muck,
which we are not affiliated with either. I hope this clears up any questions
you might have been about to ask. :) Thanks again.