Looking for online creation code

Mike Jones

Dec 27, 1993, 6:45:41 PM12/27/93

Is there any online area creation code available that I can get a
hold of? I'd like to take a look at some if anyone's willing
to share it :) (why reinvent the wheel if I can find it elsewhere).

Also, I'd be interested in hearing how well online creation has worked
for those who have used it. Does it effect performance much? Do areas
seem to be made better when using online creation? Etc....

Thanks.

Mike

Donald H. Jones

Dec 27, 1993, 9:13:58 PM12/27/93
Yeah, CthulhuMUD has online creation. Some of it is being reworked to get out
some quirks. Resets are the only roughage in any online creation.

Locke

VampLestat

Dec 28, 1993, 12:55:56 AM12/28/93
Donald H. Jones <dj...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>Yeah, CthulhuMUD has online creation. Some of it is being reworked to get out
>some quirks. Resets are the only roughage in any online creation.

I recall the original request was for publically available code, or atleast
something that he could have a copy of. Have you released the code for
CthulhuMUD?

Donald H. Jones

Dec 29, 1993, 1:53:16 AM12/29/93
No, however I was considering working out a deal with the requester; that way I
could possibly avoid the code changing TOO many hands.