The Demise of Anothermud

Shaw Green

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96
So Anothermud is dead and buried a same really a nice mud
i shall miss it :(

Patrik Johnsson

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
Shaw Green (sh...@aisb.ed.ac.uk) wrote:
: So Anothermud is dead and buried a same really a nice mud

: i shall miss it :(

Where did you get this info? I sure hope it's not true... <:(
(Used to be Morgond, btw)

----------------------------------
Patrik Johnsson, pat...@dsv.su.se
----------------------------------

Mattias Nilsson

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96

Don't worry, the last thing I heard was that the mud might even get up
this weekend. No guarrantees though, but I haven't heard a word about it
dying for good ...

Unless you have know for sure from a very good source for it, don't
spread this kind of rumours.

Mattias aka Morfin etc.

** Don't interfere in the business of wizards, ** Mattias Nilsson **
** cause they are sly and quick to wrath. ** student **
** Don't interfere in the business of dragons, ** department of **
** cause you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup. ** informatics **
** ** Lund University **
** "Dunno who wrote this but I kinda like it" ** Sweden **
** ctr...@belsebub.ics.lu.se mor...@df.lth.se www.df.lth.se/~morfin/ **

Emil Ramstedt

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
Mattias Nilsson wrote:

> On 23 Mar 1996, Patrik Johnsson wrote:
>
> > Shaw Green (sh...@aisb.ed.ac.uk) wrote:
> > : So Anothermud is dead and buried a same really a nice mud
> > : i shall miss it :(
> >
> > Where did you get this info? I sure hope it's not true... <:(
> > (Used to be Morgond, btw)
> >
> > ----------------------------------
> > Patrik Johnsson, pat...@dsv.su.se
> > ----------------------------------
> >
> Don't worry, the last thing I heard was that the mud might even get up
> this weekend. No guarrantees though, but I haven't heard a word about it
> dying for good ...
>
> Unless you have know for sure from a very good source for it, don't
> spread this kind of rumours.
>
> Mattias aka Morfin etc.

Sometimes anothermud players gathers on IRC
check channel anothermud

Orm!

Herbert Quiong

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
Any of the Implementors have news?

You guys keeping this a big secret?

--"Dusk"

Sammy

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96

:
: You guys keeping this a big secret?
:
: --"Dusk"
:
First it was a week, then another week, and now...sigh.
I've had enough time already to make it through a complete withdrawal. :)
-Samsa

Patrik Johnsson

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
Sammy (sa...@winternet.com) wrote:

: First it was a week, then another week, and now...sigh.
: I've had enough time already to make it through a complete withdrawal. :)
: -Samsa

Imagine how hard it would have been if you had known then what
you know now, no AnotherMUD for almost two months (and counting). >:)
*gasp* *scream* *writhe* *bleed* :)

-Morgond

jja...@gracie.psych.wright.edu

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <4kemjp$n...@blackice.winternet.com>, sa...@winternet.com (Sammy) writes:
> Herbert Quiong (HLQ9...@UConnVM.UConn.Edu) wrote:
> : Any of the Implementors have news?
> : You guys keeping this a big secret?
> : --"Dusk"
> First it was a week, then another week, and now...sigh.
> I've had enough time already to make it through a complete withdrawal. :)
> -Samsa

Let's face it Samsa, we've all looked for a surrogate mud in the mean time,
and there's just nothing out there to compare to Another. So we'll
(im)patiently wait for the eventual return of Another.
BTW, if any DoRks (as in my Clan) are out there, email me. We all outta keep
in touch.
Jim Janko
aka Rikki the X-robot

Matuse

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <4kgak9$f...@news.kth.se> pat...@mars.dsv.su.se (Patrik Johnsson) writes:
>Sammy (sa...@winternet.com) wrote:
>
>: First it was a week, then another week, and now...sigh.

>: I've had enough time already to make it through a complete withdrawal. :)
>: -Samsa
>
>Imagine how hard it would have been if you had known then what
>you know now, no AnotherMUD for almost two months (and counting). >:)
>*gasp* *scream* *writhe* *bleed* :)

Bah, nothing. Fajita mud was originally planning on being down for about
3 weeks while the machine was physically relocated, and its STILL not
back up, even tho the original deadline passed 3 1/2 years ago. C'mon Impy,
bring it back up!

--
"I accept"
"To accept is to yield"

Dan Shiovitz

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
In article <matuseDp...@netcom.com>, Matuse <mat...@netcom.com> wrote:
>In article <4kgak9$f...@news.kth.se> pat...@mars.dsv.su.se (Patrik Johnsson) writes:
>>Sammy (sa...@winternet.com) wrote:
>>
>>: First it was a week, then another week, and now...sigh.
>>: I've had enough time already to make it through a complete withdrawal. :)
>>: -Samsa
>>
>>Imagine how hard it would have been if you had known then what
>>you know now, no AnotherMUD for almost two months (and counting). >:)
>>*gasp* *scream* *writhe* *bleed* :)
>
>Bah, nothing. Fajita mud was originally planning on being down for about
>3 weeks while the machine was physically relocated, and its STILL not
>back up, even tho the original deadline passed 3 1/2 years ago. C'mon Impy,
>bring it back up!

Hell, I'd go back to fajita in a second if it was up. It's not quite
state of the art anymore, but it would be better than 95% of the muds out
there currently.

--
dan shiovitz scy...@u.washington.edu sh...@cs.washington.edu
slightly lost author/programmer in a world of more creative or more sensible