{40K} Baneblade Chassis Modular

Fin

Apr 4, 2008, 9:50:59 AM4/4/08
Hi All,

I am in the progress of building a baneblade. I have followed the
magnet crowd

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling-retired/109205-modular-baneblade-pics.html

And made it modular to both a hellhammer and baneblade. Only
difference I made was a reduction of magnets to just 11. I used nails
for the other half of the bond except for the sponson weapons which
needed the extra grip. That got me thinking. Remember the old
armourcast model which let you field a baneblade or a Shadowsword?
They used the same chassis and just swapped out a central section. I
have chosen not to glue down the top of the chassis to try and emulate
some of this D template goodness.

I've googled this topic with no luck so I thought I'd ask here.

Has anyone attempted to scratch build the top half to make a
shadowsword out of the new baneblade kit? If not I'll post templates
here.

Fin

Spack

Apr 4, 2008, 11:14:15 AM4/4/08
Fin wrote on Fri, 4 Apr 2008 06:50:59 -0700 (PDT):

> Hi All,

> I am in the progress of building a baneblade. I have followed the
> magnet crowd

> http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/modelling-retired/109205-modular-
> baneblade-pics.html

> And made it modular to both a hellhammer and baneblade. Only
> difference I made was a reduction of magnets to just 11.

I did something similar with mine - magnets on the main weapons and sponson
weapons, made the sponsons removeable (they grip by friction on rather than
using magnets), and the lascannons just drop into the holes on the sponsons.

> I used nails for the other half of the bond except for the sponson
> weapons which needed the extra grip. That got me thinking. Remember the
> old armourcast model which let you field a baneblade or a Shadowsword?

I've got one of those :)

> They used the same chassis and just swapped out a central section. I
> have chosen not to glue down the top of the chassis to try and emulate
> some of this D template goodness.

> I've googled this topic with no luck so I thought I'd ask here.

> Has anyone attempted to scratch build the top half to make a
> shadowsword out of the new baneblade kit? If not I'll post templates
> here.

I've just received my FW Stormblade which uses the same chassis, but has a
resin hull and rear panel (it doesn't come with the upper hull sprue or the
turret sprue, so the rear panel and exhausts are resin parts). I'll end up
magnetising the plasma blastgun on this so I can swap it for scratchbuilt
Volcano cannon or Stormsword barrel allowing me to field it as either of the
3 variants.

--
Dan
http://www.ageofstrife.com

Daniel "Naughty Tentacles" Blakemore

Apr 4, 2008, 12:22:50 PM4/4/08
> Has anyone attempted to scratch build the top half to make a
> shadowsword out of the new baneblade kit? If not I'll post templates
> here.

Post the templates anyways :D On a website, mind...no attachments on *this*
NG! ;)

--
Daniel Blakemore
Mini Gallery #1 -
#2 - http://www.lordsofthebattlefield.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=147
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo/MSN/Google IM: mylordkhorne