FASA Victorious!

Camille Klein

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
Quoth I after a too-long night teaching my husband how to play MW2:

: Bryan liked it better than any of the other possibilities I presented her
^^^
him
In the words of the sage philosopher Homer: DOH!

Sorry for the bad Gender Check, Bryan. :)

--Camille, smacking herself with the Clue Stick...you know, the one
marked 'DUH!'

--
Overheard at FASA HQ!
Chas: "You know, you really need to make a Munchkin Manual."

Jon Marcus

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
Here's the results of the Trial of Grievance, as forwarded to me by
ABMu...@aol.com. Sorry if it's already been posted. My news source
is sometimes pretty slow at picking up articles:

Well here it is kiddies. The AAR for the TOG (TOO MANY ACRONYMS!)
Courtesy of Chas, the Archbishop of Munchkin

I forgot to get the individual mech configurations so I'll refer to
them as

Camille:2-Ryoken(Blue & Red), 2-Pouncers(Blue & Gray), Warhawk
Bryan: Puma, Vulture, MadCat, Hellhound, Ryoken
Stackpole rule is in effect!

There are also a few extras thrown in. Like the Nystul-mech that FASA
hope they forget!

Well here we go! Hang onto those keyboards!

TURN 1:
**********
Gray Pouncer (NO NOT GRAY MOUSER) challenges the Vulture: ACCEPTED

GPouncer toasts the Vulture's RA with an ERPPC!
Vulture returns fire and lands an LPL on the CT!

TURN 2
*********
Vulture whiffs his shots!
GPouncer nails the Vulture with yet another ERPPC! YEEEOOWCH!

Hellhound challenges Blue Ryoken: Accepted
Hellhound whiffs his first shot! Ha haha HA!

TURN 3
*********
BRyoken Fires and lands an ERML on each of the Hellhound's legs.
HOTFOOT!

Blue Pouncer challenges Ryoken to combat: Accepted
BPouncer nails the Ryoken with 2 ERPPC's to CT and RA!

Vulture wallops GPouncer with an LPL!

Hellhound slaps BRyoken with an ERML

TURN 4
*********
Ryoken and BPouncer mutually whiff! (Great Shooting!)

Vulture bitch-slaps GPouncer with 2 LPL's and 2 MPL's!
GPouncer Whiffs!
Hellhound walks an ERML across BRyoken's RA

Puma nails CT/RT/and HEAD with an LRM 20!

Chas:"Bryan! You guys HAVE to publish a Munchkin Handbook!"
Bryan:"We did! It's called the THB!"

TURN 5
*********
GPouncer nails Vulture with an Alpha-Strike!
Vulture hits with one measly ERML as he falls on his face!
Fall inflicts damage on Vulture's CT and RL!

Mad Cat challenges Warhawk: Accepted
Warhawk slaps MadCat with an LPL!
MadCat unloads on Warhawk with 2 LRM 20's, an ERLL, and an ERML!
Warhawk does a nosedive!

Hellhound whiffs!

Puma and RRyoken mutually whiff! (Glasses kiddies?)

<EXTRA! EXTRA!>
This is a mech that Bryan designed. This is something FASA will
NEVER, EVER publish!

Gausszilla
100 Tons-Clan
ESIS
Standard Armor(11.5 tons)/Engine/Single HS
Move 2/3
1 ERML
9 Tons of Gauss Ammo
5 Gauss Rifles!

And NO, it isn't a Pardoe-Mech!
But YES, it IS a Munchie-Mech. Bryan! Welcome to CoM!

TURN 6
*********
MadCat has manuvered behind Warhawk as she's getting up!
Warhawk torso twists and nails MadCat!
Madcat nails Warhawk with an ERLL to the LA, an LRM 20 to the LTR/RTR/
and HEAD!
Also, an ERML shucks the rest of the armor off the head!
Camille:"Hey! Where'd that breeze come from?"

Vulture smacks GPouncer with 2 LRM 20's and an MPL and HOSES THE
ENGINE!
Pouncer mauls the Vulture with an ERPPC as she dies!
Vulture recieves first-kill!

Ryoken walks an ERML across BPouncer!
BPouncer Whiffs!

Hellhoud whiffs!

Puma whiffs!

TURN 7
*********
RRyoken hits Puma with an ERML to the LA!
Puma hoses RRyoken with 2 LRM 20's to the RA/RL/RT/CT/LA and an SPL to
the RL!

BPouncer whiffs!

TURN 8
*********
BPouncer manuver's behind Ryoken and ERPPC and ERSL to RT!
As his RT and RA go bye bye, he whacks Bpouncer's LT with an ERML!

Red Ryoken challenges Puma: Accepted
RRyoken holes two of the Puma's XL slots with an UAC20!
She then gets a Flamer (no not Mr.SWT!) to the head from Puma!
Puma also gives an SPL to the LT, and CT(armor breached) and
36 of 40 LRM's to the RL/CT/RA/LL as his RT and RA slide to the
ground!

Warhawk empties 2 LPL into the MadCat's LT!
MadCat returns fire with 2 ERML to the LL and HEAD! Bye bye Warhawk!
MadCat gets second kill.

Hellhound toasts BRyoken with an LPL to the RA an ERML to the LT and a
Streak2 to the LA/LT!

TURN 9
*********
BPouncer blows through Ryoken's LTR with an ERPPC and the CTR with an
ERSL
An ammo explosion occurs, LA Drops off, and Ryoken loses 2 XL engine
slots!
Ryoken fires UAC20 at BPouncer, which NUKES the LL and transfers dmg.
to the LT armor! But all his weapons are gone!
BPouncer comes crashing to earth!

Puma smacks RRyoken with an LRM 20 to the RA/RT/LA/CT and an SPL to
the LT!

RRyoken puts her UAC20 on "Rock N' Roll" and frags the LA and RL of
the Puma!
Then, following up with 4 ERML's smacking the LL and nearly
annihilating the CT of the Puma. The engine goes bye bye and Puma is
DOWN!
RRyoken gets third kill.

Turn 10
*********
Vulture engages RRyoken and is promptly bitch-slapped by 2 ERML!
Vulture returns with 2 LPL and 2 MPL!

BPouncer brings down a world of hurt as her 2 ERPPC's (CT/RT)connect,
and her ERSL follows up to shuck the paint off the CT of the Ryoken!
Ryoken, kicks the downed BPouncer and takes off her RA!

TURN 11
**********
BPouncer gets up again and smacks the Ryoken's leg with another ERPPC!

Hellhound walks an LPL across the LT of the BRyoken!

RRyoken lands 3 ERML's on the Vulture's RTx2/RA of the Vulture!
Blowing off an the RA and an LRM pack!

Vulture pilot (pissed that his nice shiny mech is getting messed up)
LPL's RRyoken's HEAD! The head promptly ceases to exist!
Vulture gets fourth kill.

TURN 12
***********
BPouncer whiffs!

Hellhound lands an ERML on BRyoken's RT!
BRyoken returns with an ERML of her own! Hits the LL! Then she
follows up with an LPL to the CT and a Streak 2 to the LT and RL!

TURN 13 (Heh Heh Heh!)
*****************************
Camille's piloting not up to snuff, her BPouncer falls on it's RT (No
RA left), damages her engine, and KO's herself!

BRyoken alphas Hellhound but jams her UAC20 and only connects with an
ERML to each leg!
Hellhound alphas right back, but has better luck! Connects with LPL
to the CT, 2 ERML to the RT which frags a DHS, and 2 Streak 2's which
blast all three torso locations and the RA which frags another DHS and
the UAA!

Chas, with yet another law of anime: Anything that's going to unleash
massive destruction is first going to:
A) Ripple or
B) Crackle or
C) Swell and shiver.

Printed on the back of one of my note papers:

Good luck,

-Bryan "Never Wins Initiative" Nystul

(Well he actually won 2 or 3 of the initiative rolls.)

TURN 14
***********
BRyoken fires 3 ERML and hits the LTx2/and CT of the Hellhound!
Hellhound returns an LPL to the CT and a Streak 2 to the LL and RA
which blows an ERML away!

Ryoken charges downed BPouncer and tramples LT/CTx2/RTx2/RA
transferred to RT!
And damages his own RL!

TURN 15
***********
BPouncer's pilot awakes! Tries to stand, falls again and damages the
CT and frags a JJ and provides a second engine crit!

BRyoken hits Hellhound in LA with an ERML!
Hellhound hits BRyoken's LA with an LPL!

Ryoken kicks BPouncer tin LT <Massive damage transferrence) BPouncer
annihilated!
BPouncer's engine goes sailing towards the horizon!
The fifth kill goes to Ryoken.

TURN 16
***********
Seeing that his opponent only has one mech left to his four, Bryan
offers Hegira.

Camille: (Expand Caps to the full size of your screen)
"SCREW YOU!"-uhm, ah, a refusal of Hegira.

BRyoken opens up on Hellhound with 2 ERML's and smacks the LA/CT!

Bryan connects with an LPL, an ERML, and a Streak 2!
Bryan has wasted his ERML and Streak ammo! The LPL HOLES THE BLUE
RYOKEN!
The sixth and final kill goes to the Hellhound.

And it was finished.

Souvenir bumper-sticker.
"WALK OFFENSIVELY! DRIVE A MECH!

Everybody! Your condolences to Camille. But hope she likes the copy
of the German 3052(3050) readout she picked up.

And YES! She still got to drop a Tyco-mech out a 5th floor window!
She's got some of the pieces and I've got the pilot figurine. The
Hunchback evidently forgot to fire his JJ's!

Oh yes. I promised I'd put this in.
BRYAN AND FASA FED US!

There. Got that out.

I wish to thank Bryan Nystul and all the other people at FASA who
graciously hosted us for the TOG. Loved the offices. Oh yeah, don't
climb on top of that cargo elevator by the courtyard door. The top's
not welded into place. (I know this because my father is an elevator
mechanic who fell through it about 4 months ago.

Hope you all liked this article. If not, you know who to send
complaint's to: Helen Wait.

Camille Klein

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
Thus spake Jon Marcus:
: Here's the results of the Trial of Grievance, as forwarded to me by

: ABMu...@aol.com. Sorry if it's already been posted. My news source
: is sometimes pretty slow at picking up articles:

Chas also for'arded it to me. I'd added in some of my comments and sent
it on back to him cos I figured he'd be the one to post it. Ohwell, here
are my comments again. Flamers and hecklers can just take a fraggin' hike.

: I forgot to get the individual mech configurations so I'll refer to
: them as

: Camille:2-Ryoken(Blue & Red), 2-Pouncers(Blue & Gray), Warhawk

Stormcrow-Bs, Pouncer-Primes, and a Warhawk-C

: Bryan: Puma, Vulture, MadCat, Hellhound, Ryoken

Bryan's Stormcrow was a B too.

: Stackpole rule is in effect!

: There are also a few extras thrown in. Like the Nystul-mech that FASA
: hope they forget!

Shame on you Chas--Bryan said he didn't want it posted. *bonk*

: **********
: Gray Pouncer (NO NOT GRAY MOUSER) challenges the Vulture: ACCEPTED

: GPouncer toasts the Vulture's RA with an ERPPC!

First blood to the Church. *grin*

: *********
[...]

This was actually said somewhere round turn 6-ish. :)

: TURN 5

: *********
[...]

Quoth I: "This isn't even a munchie-mek. This is just......GROSS!"

: TURN 6

: *********
: MadCat has manuvered behind Warhawk as she's getting up!
: Warhawk torso twists and nails MadCat!
: Madcat nails Warhawk with an ERLL to the LA, an LRM 20 to the LTR/RTR/
: and HEAD!
: Also, an ERML shucks the rest of the armor off the head!
: Camille:"Hey! Where'd that breeze come from?"

Actually it was more like "What the fu......?"

: Vulture smacks GPouncer with 2 LRM 20's and an MPL and HOSES THE

: Hellhoud whiffs!

: Puma whiffs!

: BPouncer whiffs!

: Good luck,

These two lines are the end of the email Bryan sent me with directions on
it.

: ***********
: BRyoken fires 3 ERML and hits the LTx2/and CT of the Hellhound!
: Hellhound returns an LPL to the CT and a Streak 2 to the LL and RA
: which blows an ERML away!

: Ryoken charges downed BPouncer and tramples LT/CTx2/RTx2/RA
: transferred to RT!
: And damages his own RL!

: TURN 15
: ***********
: BPouncer's pilot awakes! Tries to stand, falls again and damages the
: CT and frags a JJ and provides a second engine crit!

Quoth I: "Sheeeeeet, man!"

: BRyoken hits Hellhound in LA with an ERML!

: Hellhound hits BRyoken's LA with an LPL!

: Ryoken kicks BPouncer tin LT <Massive damage transferrence) BPouncer
: annihilated!
: BPouncer's engine goes sailing towards the horizon!
: The fifth kill goes to Ryoken.

: TURN 16
: ***********
: Seeing that his opponent only has one mech left to his four, Bryan
: offers Hegira.

: Camille: (Expand Caps to the full size of your screen)
: "SCREW YOU!"-uhm, ah, a refusal of Hegira.

Note that I gave Bryan a look that said, "What the devil are you smoking and
why aren't you sharing??"

: BRyoken opens up on Hellhound with 2 ERML's and smacks the LA/CT!

: Bryan connects with an LPL, an ERML, and a Streak 2!
: Bryan has wasted his ERML and Streak ammo! The LPL HOLES THE BLUE
: RYOKEN!
: The sixth and final kill goes to the Hellhound.

: And it was finished.

And there is no joy in Mankato tonight.

: Souvenir bumper-sticker.

: "WALK OFFENSIVELY! DRIVE A MECH!

It's very nice--shows a Locust stomping all over a Porsche. ;)

: Everybody! Your condolences to Camille. But hope she likes the copy

: of the German 3052(3050) readout she picked up.

I adore this book.

: And YES! She still got to drop a Tyco-mech out a 5th floor window!

This was my last act as the Autarch of the Church of BattleTech.

We went to the warehouse, and Bryan opened a window up (FASA HQ is on the
5th floor, btw--damn, where's Letterman when you need him?). There was
an alley-cat down on the ground watching the proceedings--was such a cute
kitty, too bad the hubby's allergic to cat dander--and some bum about a
half-block over. :) Bryan said "Feel free to utter any incantations you
feel are appropriate," and I fired one of the UAC20 shells out the
window. Then I hollered, "Here kitty kitty kitty!!" and HURLED that
mutha toward the ground as hard as I could--we're talking straight down
here, folkses. No arc to this drop--it was STRAIGHT down! *evil grin*

It was rather impressive--the sucker just kinda.......SPLATTERED....... :)
Then the lot of us--Bryan, Chas, Hugh Browne, myself, and my husband--got
all our stuff together and trucked on downstairs to see what salvage we
could recover. Chas and I salvaged the legs, the right arm, part of the
CT, and our old pal Pytor The Burnout. Chas claimed Pytor as his, and I
claimed the rest--salvage rights and all that, you know.

: She's got some of the pieces and I've got the pilot figurine. The

: Hunchback evidently forgot to fire his JJ's!

Critical failure in that orbital drop, y'know. ;)

: Oh yes. I promised I'd put this in.

: BRYAN AND FASA FED US!

They did indeed. Pompei Garden has the best damn pizza I've ever had
anywhere--I recommend it highly.

: There. Got that out.

: I wish to thank Bryan Nystul and all the other people at FASA who
: graciously hosted us for the TOG.

I also wish to add my great thanks. The good folks at FASA were incredibly
nice, which I found kind of amazing considering what a pain in the a**
I've obviously been to them over the past year. :) I had a great deal
of fun, and I am much appreciative.

I also wish to thank Chas and Hugh for treating me and my husband to our
first two sims at the VWE centre. In my first act as the Godmother of
the MoB, I kicked ass and took names--not bad for a VWE-rookie. :) I owe
you guys. :)

--Camille.

scott...@uk.ibm.com

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
<Big snip>

In <4c5dh4$8...@blackice.winternet.com>, cap...@winternet.com (Camille Klein) writes:
>I also wish to thank Chas and Hugh for treating me and my husband to our
>first two sims at the VWE centre. In my first act as the Godmother of
>the MoB,

So we're the MoB now ? I much preferred BORG. ;)

>I kicked ass and took names--not bad for a VWE-rookie. :) I owe
>you guys. :)
>
>--Camille.
>
>--
>Overheard at FASA HQ!
>Chas: "You know, you really need to make a Munchkin Manual."
>Bryan Nystul: "We did. It's called the Tactical Handbook."

Scott Tatum.
IBM UK Business Administration Productivity Group.

" Service with a smile. "

-- All the time. (Well, nearly all the time.)

Camille Klein

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
Thus spake scott...@uk.ibm.com:

: So we're the MoB now ? I much preferred BORG. ;)

Bryan liked it better than any of the other possibilities I presented her

with. :)

Murray & Sara Walsh

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
to cap...@winternet.com
Hello Camille. I would like to know how I could get my own account on the B
Church of Battletech. My dad already has an account. (Murray Walsh). We both have the s same
e-mail. Also, does everyone get to have a handle? For posting? One last thing. What are the
Stackpole rules? Thanks for your time.

Hugh H Browne Jr.

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96

John A. Dutka, Jr. jdu...@pcnet.com
|>| Moron of the Month: http://pcnet.com/~jdutka/moron.html
|>| BTech 3056 MUSE Survey: http://pcnet.com/~jdutka/myform1.html
|>| TrekMUSE Survey: http://pcnet.com/~jdutka/trek/treksur.html

For those of you woundering about that, the answer is yes, their will be an
articel on the Trial in a furture issue of Mech Quartley. I went to chicago
for two resons, one to take notes on the Trial for a furture articeal on the
Trial. It won't be a striaght play by play as I also doubled as a rules lawyer
and didn't get to take alot of notes, but I'll get them from Chas, who did
take lots of notes. Don't know which issue it will be in, but keep watching.

Also just wanted to add my thanks to Brayn and the folks at FASA for the great
lunch and support they gave us while we were there. I also happen to get a
german copy of TR 3050. It's a great book. Also got the bumper sticker too. I
look foward to seeing both chas and camille at GenCon this year, so we can
steal camille away to chicago again for some more pod play.

Tranquility

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96
On 31 Dec 1995, Camille Klein wrote:

Jeez...I'm gone for two days, and I come back and see THIS? WHAT
HAPPENED? I'm telling you, Camille, those tickets must've been an omen
or something. Guess I'm going to be remaining independant. ;)

Oh yeah...FASA RULES! I WAS BEHIND YOU GUYS ALL THE WAY, or something.
RIGHT ON! (I'm one of those people that buys the hat AFTER the
Superbowl, btw.)

* Finger bl...@raven.cybercomm.net for standard disclaimer and more. *
* Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archiving fee of $US *
* 500. Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms. People who know, *
* choose Tranquility. Http://www.cybercomm.net/~blitz for Btech, *
* links, CP fiction and more useless information. *

Camille Klein

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
Thus spake Hugh H Browne Jr.:

[deletia]

: Also just wanted to add my thanks to Brayn and the folks at FASA for the great

: lunch and support they gave us while we were there. I also happen to get a
: german copy of TR 3050. It's a great book. Also got the bumper sticker too. I
: look foward to seeing both chas and camille at GenCon this year, so we can
: steal camille away to chicago again for some more pod play.

I refuse to promise an appearance at GenCon. The last two times I did
that, I wound up not being able to go. So let's just say that if I'm
there, I'm there.

However, I will *try* to make it to Origins so I can challenge Bryan to a
ToG for the Axman that I would have defenestrated had I won in Chicago.
(Oh, Bryan........*grin*)

--Camille the Fanatic (or is it obsessed? Don't answer that.)

[It WILL be mine. Oh yes, it WILL be mine.]

Camille Klein

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
Quoth Tranquility:

: Jeez...I'm gone for two days, and I come back and see THIS? WHAT

: HAPPENED? I'm telling you, Camille, those tickets must've been an omen
: or something. Guess I'm going to be remaining independant. ;)

Heh. There'll always be a place in the MoB for you should you come to
your senses, dear. :)

: Oh yeah...FASA RULES! I WAS BEHIND YOU GUYS ALL THE WAY, or something.
: RIGHT ON! (I'm one of those people that buys the hat AFTER the
: Superbowl, btw.)

*snx* Not like I wasn't warned of this in Newark or anything. ;)

--Camille, leaving it to Intel to jinx her.

Camille Klein

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
Thus spake John Dutka:

: Condolences. Hrm...I wonder how popular the next issue of 'Mech Quarterly will

: be if they decide to include a play-by-play of the combat. After reading this
: article, my only suggestion would be to buy a new set of dice. Yikes.

It'll get published in MECH, alright. Complete with pictures, if I heard
right (yes, you will get to see my smilin' face. Woo). I was using a
really spiffy set of dice that I thought would be cool to use, but I had
to swop 'em out for my old dice after certain individuals
*coughcough*Bryan*coughcough* objected. ;)

: >I also wish to add my great thanks. The good folks at FASA were incredibly

: >nice, which I found kind of amazing considering what a pain in the a**
: >I've obviously been to them over the past year. :) I had a great deal
: >of fun, and I am much appreciative.

: So, any chance they'll hire you for the effort? :)

HEH! It'd be the easiest way to shut me the hell up forever (damn, I
shoulda mentioned that when I was in Chicago)! :)

: >I also wish to thank Chas and Hugh for treating me and my husband to our

: >first two sims at the VWE centre. In my first act as the Godmother of
: >the MoB, I kicked ass and took names--not bad for a VWE-rookie. :) I owe
: >you guys. :)

: Well, that's some consolation, at least.

Yeah, it was pretty comforting. Too bad Bryan wasn't one of the people I
faced off against. ;)

Camille Klein

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
Quoth John Dutka:

: >really spiffy set of dice that I thought would be cool to use, but I had

: >to swop 'em out for my old dice after certain individuals
: >*coughcough*Bryan*coughcough* objected. ;)

: Oh? Why did they object to the use of those particular dice?

Ohhhhhh, I think I'll let He Who Objected To My Hot Dice answer that one. :)

Oh Bryan....... All these nice fanatics here want to have a word with
you. *grin*

: >HEH! It'd be the easiest way to shut me the hell up forever (damn, I

: >shoulda mentioned that when I was in Chicago)! :)

: Perhaps, but maybe they will be so impressed by the path of that HBK-IIC, they
: will hire you to write the next Clan scenario pack :)

Well sadly, the only witnesses were myself, Chas, Hugh, and Bryan.
No pictures of it--now THAT would have been fun. :)

Hugh H Browne Jr.

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
In article <4caahm$c...@blackice.winternet.com> cap...@winternet.com (Camille Klein) writes:
>From: cap...@winternet.com (Camille Klein)
>Subject: Re: FASA Victorious!
>Date: 2 Jan 1996 03:58:46 GMT

>Thus spake Hugh H Browne Jr.:

>[deletia]

>: Also just wanted to add my thanks to Brayn and the folks at FASA for the great
>: lunch and support they gave us while we were there. I also happen to get a
>: german copy of TR 3050. It's a great book. Also got the bumper sticker too. I
>: look foward to seeing both chas and camille at GenCon this year, so we can
>: steal camille away to chicago again for some more pod play.

>I refuse to promise an appearance at GenCon. The last two times I did
>that, I wound up not being able to go. So let's just say that if I'm
>there, I'm there.

>However, I will *try* to make it to Origins so I can challenge Bryan to a
>ToG for the Axman that I would have defenestrated had I won in Chicago.
>(Oh, Bryan........*grin*)

>--Camille the Fanatic (or is it obsessed? Don't answer that.)

>[It WILL be mine. Oh yes, it WILL be mine.]

>--
>Overheard at FASA HQ!
>Chas: "You know, you really need to make a Munchkin Manual."
>Bryan Nystul: "We did. It's called the Tactical Handbook."

AHHHH come now Camille, you now you want to go to GenCon, its only a hop skip
and a jump from Minn. Besides you haven't met the rest of the gang I go to the
sims with in Chicago, we have a truely rockin good time when we all get
together and bash each others brains out in the sims, its good clean fun, and
the best part is, nobody gets hurt. :)

Also just waat to say again it was a pleasure meeting you and mike in
chicago. Mike and I have a great deal in common, (like borad wargames, I want
him to get into battletech, I really do think he'd like it. Also just want to
say, that there won't be any pictures in the Mech artical, at least that's
what Stacy told me before she left. I have to talk with her again next week
about the artical and how she wants it handled. Anyway you played your heart
out and fought the good fight, everyone there had a good time.

Rich Adams

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96

Nuts.. I thought this thread would have some word of resolution between
FASA and the cheezeball EXO squad scammers.

Well, any word?

Rich
--
~ Well then-if you have no old moldy hamburgers-may I ask if you have any
~ old corroded hotdogs and perchance a stale bun? - J. Wellington Wimpy, 1938

Camille Klein

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Quoth Hugh H Browne Jr.:

[deletia]

: AHHHH come now Camille, you now you want to go to GenCon, its only a hop skip

: and a jump from Minn. Besides you haven't met the rest of the gang I go to the
: sims with in Chicago, we have a truely rockin good time when we all get
: together and bash each others brains out in the sims, its good clean fun, and
: the best part is, nobody gets hurt. :)

Heh--but remember, I live in North Carolina, not Minnesota. :) Aw hell,
I have a friend who works for Continental--with luck (and if I have my
job come July) I can get a cheapy fare to Milwaukee. :)

: Also just waat to say again it was a pleasure meeting you and mike in
: chicago. Mike and I have a great deal in common, (like borad wargames, I want
: him to get into battletech, I really do think he'd like it. Also just want to
: say, that there won't be any pictures in the Mech artical, at least that's
: what Stacy told me before she left. I have to talk with her again next week
: about the artical and how she wants it handled. Anyway you played your heart
: out and fought the good fight, everyone there had a good time.

Well in any case, I do get copies of the pictures that were snapped round
the table. :) And I think I surprised a few people who thought that I
was really male. ;)

Camille Klein

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Quoth Prabal Nandy:

: Alll I can say is that I was so depressed, I took a trip to K-Mart just
: to go look at the FASA Btech toys on the mega-discount rack (priced dropped
: 3 times already!).... I came home through a blizzard, and then the Lord of
: the Flies baked chocolate chip cookies. THAT'S how depressed I was! Come on,
: Camille, ya only sank one freaking FASA mech!? Sheesh!

The fates were not smiling upon me that day, Prabal. *sigh* BUT! I
did not give up--that counts for something, quiaff? :) And I did give
Bryan a nice bloody nose, too. (yes, I'm trying to look on the bright
side of all this. It's not all that bad)

: Of course, I wasn't depressed enough to BUY one of the FASA mechs... but
: I almost got a heart-attack when I saw the new "Camoflauged" mega-bright,
: tiger-striped repainted mecha on display. HURL!

Damn I wish there'd been a videocam there to record the piledriving of
that Hunchback IIC. Now if that wouldn't have cheered you up.......

Camille Klein

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Quoth Col. Morgan F. Kell:
: Well, the church is now da MoB, and I just had to set it to music :)
: Sorry Si, but I make fun of everything *ducks axe swing* :)
: JohnD helped with this, though I doubt he'll admit it :)

*giggle* Cute, Zak. Now, gitcher sorry butt to Newark Saturday so I can
kick it on my back to Raleigh. ;)

: The Twelve (LAST) Days of the Church:
: On the twelfth day of christmas, Siona gave to me:
: The fact that we're now MoBsters
: A German '50 readout
: Ten Mecha fighting
: Gawking FASA employees

And they were gawking, too! ;)

: Eight missed rolls of 5
: Seven Munchkins Drooling
: All that free pizza
: Five OmniMeeeeechs!
: Four broken dreams
: Dead Axman.

Actually was a Hunchback. ;)

: Two loaded dice :)
: And a lost FASA tee-oh-geeeeee

: heh heh heh heh (sounds of "Yo boss, you want we should whack em" in
: background)

*cackle* Yeah, let's go smack 'em around. :)

Prabal Nandy

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In article <Pine.LNX.3.91.960101...@raven.cybercomm.net> Tranquility <bl...@raven.cybercomm.net> writes:
>On 31 Dec 1995, Camille Klein wrote:
>
>Jeez...I'm gone for two days, and I come back and see THIS? WHAT
>HAPPENED? I'm telling you, Camille, those tickets must've been an omen
>or something. Guess I'm going to be remaining independant. ;)
>
>Oh yeah...FASA RULES! I WAS BEHIND YOU GUYS ALL THE WAY, or something.
>RIGHT ON! (I'm one of those people that buys the hat AFTER the
>Superbowl, btw.)

Alll I can say is that I was so depressed, I took a trip to K-Mart just

to go look at the FASA Btech toys on the mega-discount rack (priced dropped
3 times already!).... I came home through a blizzard, and then the Lord of
the Flies baked chocolate chip cookies. THAT'S how depressed I was! Come on,
Camille, ya only sank one freaking FASA mech!? Sheesh!

Of course, I wasn't depressed enough to BUY one of the FASA mechs... but
I almost got a heart-attack when I saw the new "Camoflauged" mega-bright,
tiger-striped repainted mecha on display. HURL!

--
\~~~~~\__ ~~\___/~~ __/~~~~~/ /pr...@sunset.bph.jhu.edu\ Lord of the Flies
~<==\__\_<O\:/O>_/__/==>~ /http://sunset.bph.jhu.edu \ 1st MPC Division

Emery Calame

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
In <4cd54c$b...@news.jhu.edu> pr...@sunset.bph.jhu.edu (Prabal Nandy)
writes:

>In article
<Pine.LNX.3.91.960101...@raven.cybercomm.net>
Tranquility <bl...@raven.cybercomm.net> writes:
>>On 31 Dec 1995, Camille Klein wrote:
>>
>>Jeez...I'm gone for two days, and I come back and see THIS? WHAT
>>HAPPENED? I'm telling you, Camille, those tickets must've been an
omen
>>or something. Guess I'm going to be remaining independant. ;)
>>
>>Oh yeah...FASA RULES! I WAS BEHIND YOU GUYS ALL THE WAY, or
something.
>>RIGHT ON! (I'm one of those people that buys the hat AFTER the
>>Superbowl, btw.)
>
> Alll I can say is that I was so depressed, I took a trip to K-Mart
just
>to go look at the FASA Btech toys on the mega-discount rack (priced
dropped
>3 times already!).... I came home through a blizzard, and then the
Lord of
>the Flies baked chocolate chip cookies. THAT'S how depressed I was!

I guess if you'd made rum raisen or snickerdoodles(kind of a cinnamon
sugar cookie in case you're curious) it would mean that you were less
depressed? More? I'm no psychologist but I thought the main symptoms of
depression were lying around inactive in bed all day and taking the
phone off the hook. I had no idea that self-provided Pastry Preferences
were another part of the growing list of telltale signs of mental
illness. I guess I'd better call NIHM for a pamphlet. Anyway they have
this wonderful anxiety killing stuff called prozac that in combination
with a cognitive behavioral therapist ought to perk you right up.

Lighten up!
It ain't like you lost Heavy Gear now is it? Or Mekton? Or Mecha!? Or
Ogre. Or Dirtside II ? There are plenty of Tactical table games that
don't have huge offensive yet beautifully twisted toy-lines associated.

Come on,
>Camille, ya only sank one freaking FASA mech!? Sheesh!

Hey, sometimes the dice just want to kick yer ass. I had three fourths
of a fire lance blow up due to freak ammo crits in two rounds once.
They called it the "popcorn archer show" . I almost cried. I don't mind
losing so much, but sometimes you can't help but feel that fate is
picking on you. When the dice hate you, skill counts for nothing.

> Of course, I wasn't depressed enough to BUY one of the FASA
mechs... but
>I almost got a heart-attack when I saw the new "Camoflauged"
mega-bright,
>tiger-striped repainted mecha on display. HURL!

The last toy I bought( so far ) was a transformable Niekik about the
size of the large Valkyrie kits Bandai put out. My dog chewed up all
the plastic missles that came with it though. It wasn't really all that
mega-right, and it turned into something that kind of looked like a
hover-probe combined with a large window mounted air-conditioner. I'd
bet my own ass this thing couldn't fly 20 feet if you strapped it to a
Saturn and it ain't nothing like it looked in Orguss, but hey...it
really doesn't take much to make me happy.

Em

What, ya never seen a huge neon Yellow, green, and purple jungle
before? I tell ya it'll blend right in! You'll be invisible!
:)

Col. Morgan F. Kell

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Well, the church is now da MoB, and I just had to set it to music :)
Sorry Si, but I make fun of everything *ducks axe swing* :)
JohnD helped with this, though I doubt he'll admit it :)

The Twelve (LAST) Days of the Church:

On the twelfth day of christmas, Siona gave to me:
The fact that we're now MoBsters
A German '50 readout
Ten Mecha fighting
Gawking FASA employees

Eight missed rolls of 5
Seven Munchkins Drooling
All that free pizza
Five OmniMeeeeechs!
Four broken dreams
Dead Axman.

Two loaded dice :)
And a lost FASA tee-oh-geeeeee

heh heh heh heh (sounds of "Yo boss, you want we should whack em" in
background)

=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=
Three 'Mechs For the Bandit Kings, Attacking Skye.
Seven for the Drac lords in their halls of stone.
Nine for the Capellans, doomed to die.
One for the ilKhan on his dark throne.
In the land of FC, where the mecha lie.
One 'Mech to rule them all, one mech to guide them.
One 'Mech to link them all, and with the c3 bind them.
In the land of FC, where the mecha lie.
_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_
z...@raven.cybercomm.net Colonel Morgan_Kell (Ret.) @ 56

Jonathan R Bezeau

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Rich Adams (ri...@alpha.delta.edu) wrote:

: Nuts.. I thought this thread would have some word of resolution between

: FASA and the cheezeball EXO squad scammers.

: Well, any word?

Speaking of scamming: Here's one for the On Thin Ice files
videogame: Metaltech: Earthsiege and Battledrome.

What the hell?
METALtech? - note the mechs don't look too much like BT originals, but
damage is handed out in so similar a way I just have to wonder. Anyone
else have any thoughts on this?

Jonboy!

Jonathan R Bezeau

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Prabal Nandy (pr...@sunset.bph.jhu.edu) wrote:

: Alll I can say is that I was so depressed, I took a trip to K-Mart just

: to go look at the FASA Btech toys on the mega-discount rack (priced dropped
: 3 times already!).... I came home through a blizzard, and then the Lord of

: the Flies baked chocolate chip cookies. THAT'S how depressed I was! Come on,

: Camille, ya only sank one freaking FASA mech!? Sheesh!

: Of course, I wasn't depressed enough to BUY one of the FASA mechs... but

: I almost got a heart-attack when I saw the new "Camoflauged" mega-bright,
: tiger-striped repainted mecha on display. HURL!

It's okay Probe. Have some prozac. Works wonders.
That camo scheme is gakky though.

And don't knock the fight - the mechs were pretty even though I would
have expected more out of the Masakari and Ryokens. I could swear those
are good for a kill each.

Oh yeah, everyone notice that the Vulture got TWO KILLS. My faith in the
design is justified.

Jonboy!

Jonathan R Bezeau

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Camille Klein (cap...@winternet.com) wrote:
: Quoth Prabal Nandy:

: The fates were not smiling upon me that day, Prabal. *sigh* BUT! I

: did not give up--that counts for something, quiaff? :) And I did give

: Bryan a nice bloody nose, too. (yes, I'm trying to look on the bright

: side of all this. It's not all that bad)

And you did reject the hegira. Man, did you _ever_ reject that offer of
surrender (if Chas wasn't exaggerating, but I somehow doubt the made it
up...) That's what counts.

: Damn I wish there'd been a videocam there to record the piledriving of

: that Hunchback IIC. Now if that wouldn't have cheered you up.......

: --Camille.

: --
: Overheard at FASA HQ!
: Chas: "You know, you really need to make a Munchkin Manual."
: Bryan Nystul: "We did. It's called the Tactical Handbook."

I love the .sig too!

Camille Klein

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Quoth Jonathan R Bezeau:

: And you did reject the hegira. Man, did you _ever_ reject that offer of

: surrender (if Chas wasn't exaggerating, but I somehow doubt the made it
: up...) That's what counts.

*grin* It's true, it's true! There are witnesses, even! :) But like I
told Chas via email--the tone of the refusal is best summed up by having
the words in HUGE ascii-graphic letters going across the screen. :)

: : Overheard at FASA HQ!

: : Chas: "You know, you really need to make a Munchkin Manual."
: : Bryan Nystul: "We did. It's called the Tactical Handbook."

: I love the .sig too!

Also true. :)

Prabal Nandy

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
In article <4cdjds$1...@blackice.winternet.com> cap...@winternet.com (Camille Klein) writes:

>The fates were not smiling upon me that day, Prabal. *sigh* BUT! I
>did not give up--that counts for something, quiaff? :) And I did give

I, at least, am pleased that you refused the 'right of Run Away!' and
stood to duke it in to the last. Still, I am puzzled, I thought you'd be the
last to ride into the challenge in _Clan_ mechs? In your place, I would have
stormed in with 3025 book-mechs, ahh, what a fine finish! (Yeah, I played a
game with 3025 bookers versus equal tonnage clan-customs... what a battle!)
But still, at least it was a fair fight! Those darn DICE, eh!?

>Bryan a nice bloody nose, too. (yes, I'm trying to look on the bright
>side of all this. It's not all that bad)

Heh heh heh... Ah, that musta felt nice!
Still, does this really mean that you've sworn not to fight FASA any
longer on the issue of Saban? On a more personal note... how well did the
FASAboys know you (and possibly the rest of the horde back here on RGM?)

>: Of course, I wasn't depressed enough to BUY one of the FASA mechs... but
>: I almost got a heart-attack when I saw the new "Camoflauged" mega-bright,
>: tiger-striped repainted mecha on display. HURL!
>

>Damn I wish there'd been a videocam there to record the piledriving of
>that Hunchback IIC. Now if that wouldn't have cheered you up.......

Yeah! I feel better already! (Rubbs hind-legs cheerfully producing a
steady cricket-chirp) Hey, you know, you coulda SOLD that video-tape to all
the COBers, I'da liked to have seen that thing explode!
I wonder if FASA will ever tell us what possessed them to create those
INFERNALLY UGLY Btech mini repaints?! Orange and Dark Blue tiger-stripes!?
Huyuuuagh!

Archbishop Munchie

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Thus spake Jonboy:

>Speaking of scamming: Here's one for the On Thin Ice files
>videogame: Metaltech: Earthsiege and Battledrome.
>
>What the hell?
>METALtech? - note the mechs don't look too much like BT originals, but
>damage is handed out in so similar a way I just have to wonder. Anyone
>else have any thoughts on this?

Can we say RIPOFF?!?!?!?

Chas

Camille Klein

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Quoth Prabal Nandy:

: >The fates were not smiling upon me that day, Prabal. *sigh* BUT! I

: >did not give up--that counts for something, quiaff? :) And I did give

: I, at least, am pleased that you refused the 'right of Run Away!' and
: stood to duke it in to the last. Still, I am puzzled, I thought you'd be the
: last to ride into the challenge in _Clan_ mechs? In your place, I would have
: stormed in with 3025 book-mechs, ahh, what a fine finish! (Yeah, I played a
: game with 3025 bookers versus equal tonnage clan-customs... what a battle!)
: But still, at least it was a fair fight! Those darn DICE, eh!?

I've always been an ecumenical player, Prabal. :) I'll take 3025 on
3025, 3025 on 3050, 3050 on 3050, 2750 on 3025/3050, Clan on Clan, Clan
on 3055/3058.... Hell, I'll even do Clan on 3025/3050/2750 if I want to
run a Clan Invasion scenario. :) My concern has always been with
balance. :)

:
: Heh heh heh... Ah, that musta felt nice!
: Still, does this really mean that you've sworn not to fight FASA any
: longer on the issue of Saban? On a more personal note... how well did the
: FASAboys know you (and possibly the rest of the horde back here on RGM?)

Well, the Church is now silent on the issue of the K'hartoon UNTIL a
second season comes out. The Jihad List will become a simple information
page about the many mistakes/errors that Saban made in the K'hartoon--no
commentary, just a simple mention of the errors and where (if applicable)
they contradict rules and/or established game history.

As for how well everybody knew me, well.... Let's just say that the line
most often heard was, "So _you're_ Camille...." Apparently I was the
stuff of semi-legend at FASA HQ. Maybe I still am--who knows? :) And of
course all the FASAlonians who read r.g.mecha knew of Fl*mr the Mech
Whiner and probably all the rest of us old-timers too. :)

: >Damn I wish there'd been a videocam there to record the piledriving of

: >that Hunchback IIC. Now if that wouldn't have cheered you up.......

: Yeah! I feel better already! (Rubbs hind-legs cheerfully producing a
: steady cricket-chirp) Hey, you know, you coulda SOLD that video-tape to all
: the COBers, I'da liked to have seen that thing explode!

*chuckle* Chas really tried his best to get a videocam, but had no
luck--perhaps this was a harbinger of a sort?

: I wonder if FASA will ever tell us what possessed them to create those

: INFERNALLY UGLY Btech mini repaints?! Orange and Dark Blue tiger-stripes!?
: Huyuuuagh!

Heh--I think you have to meet the guys in the art department. They're an
interesting lot (cute too, but you didna hear me say that. ;)

--Camille.

Camille Klein

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Quoth Archbishop Munchie:

: Can we say RIPOFF?!?!?!?

Can we say 'No Sh*t Sharlock'? :) Seriously though--what the hell DID
happen with Playmates and whichever animation house does ExoSquad?
Bryan? Tom? Lou? Anybody?

Archbishop Munchie

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
In article <4ch0gv$j...@blackice.winternet.com>, cap...@winternet.com (Camille Klein) says:
>*chuckle* Chas really tried his best to get a videocam, but had no
>luck--perhaps this was a harbinger of a sort?

<Beats crap outta friend who promised the vidcam to him>
Sorry. I tried.

>Heh--I think you have to meet the guys in the art department. They're an
>interesting lot (cute too, but you didna hear me say that. ;)

That depends on if we need something from you. Heh heh!

>--
>Overheard at FASA HQ!
>Chas: "You know, you really need to make a Munchkin Manual."
>Bryan Nystul: "We did. It's called the Tactical Handbook."

<Racetrack ad-style>
"Can YOU satisfy the HUNGER of GAUSSZILLA?!?!?"

Chas

EKarl30578

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
In article <4cirqo$5...@artemis.it.luc.edu>, chas...@luc.edu (Archbishop
Munchie) writes:

><Racetrack ad-style>
>"Can YOU satisfy the HUNGER of GAUSSZILLA?!?!?"

(Somewhere on Solaris VII)

"Now entering the Stiener Arena from the North.......Gausszilla!!!!!"

(pause till the crowds quiet slightly)

"And his opponent.....The Munchman himself.....6 Guns!!!!!!"

(More loud cheers)

I would be on the outside scalping tickets....

Ed
CoM
High Tyrant of Munchkin
MoB informant

Camille Klein

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
Quoth George Washington Walker:
: Jolly good show, Mr. Nystul. Camille... um... did you cut your hair? Hey,

Yes George, I'm not surprised that you're happy I got beat. :P And no,
Bryan was not sure my husband would like me with a Mohawk, and so let me
out of that part of my agreement.

George Washington Walker

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
I just got back from xmas break, so I've been out of the newsgroup for
the past couple weeks. I read the posted AAR of the Klein-Nystul bout.
Jolly good show, Mr. Nystul. Camille... um... did you cut your hair? Hey,
could anyone that was present at the bout (like Camille or Chas) whip up
a tactical report. The AAR was good, but i wanna know what maps were used
and what kind of movement there was. Also, some evaluation of what
tactics each player used. Basic strategies and counter-strategies, etc.
How were the mechs selected? What were the players thinking when they
picked the configs that they did?

Sincerely,
Curious George
The Curious Little Munchie

George Washington Walker

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
Prabal Nandy (pr...@sunset.bph.jhu.edu) wrote:
: I, at least, am pleased that you refused the 'right of Run Away!' and
: stood to duke it in to the last. Still, I am puzzled, I thought you'd be the
: last to ride into the challenge in _Clan_ mechs? In your place, I would have
: stormed in with 3025 book-mechs, ahh, what a fine finish! (Yeah, I played a
: game with 3025 bookers versus equal tonnage clan-customs... what a battle!)
: But still, at least it was a fair fight! Those darn DICE, eh!?

I can't say for sure, since I wasn't there, but to lose with a killr atio
of 5:1 is usually the result of either poor tactics at the mech selection
stage, or porr tactics during the battle itself. I have been on both ends
of similar battles before. When I lose that bad, it has little to do with
the dice. It has more to do with my own error. Like, I should have moved
my mechs over by those woods rather than these woods. Besides, from what
I hear, FASABryan lost a lot of initiatives. In my experience, losing
initiative in a close fight is brutal. Losing as much as he did is
usually fatal. Bryan eats, breathes, and lives Btech. I for one one would
feel extremely proud to kill just one of his mechs. Camille should be
commended for it. However, I still want a tactical evaluation from
someone. (Preferably from Nystul and Camille, but if not mr. Nystul, then
maybe Chas can.)

Sincerely,
George Walker
Fear Nystul

Dave Darling

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
In article <4cirqo$5...@artemis.it.luc.edu> Archbishop Munchie,

chas...@luc.edu writes:
><Racetrack ad-style>
>"Can YOU satisfy the HUNGER of GAUSSZILLA?!?!?"

Hey, Chas, you forgot the echo!

"Can YOU satisfy the HUNGER of GAUSSZILLA-ZILLA-ZILLA!!!"
That's right, the Mighty Mech-Munching Munchie-Mech will be
at the Solaris Seven Arena ins a special all-out grudge
match with a 3025 Locust. This SUNDAY-SUNDAY-SUNDAY! BE THERE!

Uh, oh. So, just *where* was that prescription for
Prozac? I might need a couple of Xanax, too. (Or maybe just
Lithium. "I'm so happy, 'cause today I found my friends...")

Oh, and Camille? Can you put up some before-and-after
pix on the MoB Website for us? Pleeeeeease? Or rather, have
Number Two put them up? Pretty please with a Panther on top?

--DD

Dave Darling dar...@simlab.arc.nasa.gov

Camille Klein

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Quoth Dave Darling:

: Oh, and Camille? Can you put up some before-and-after

: pix on the MoB Website for us? Pleeeeeease? Or rather, have
: Number Two put them up? Pretty please with a Panther on top?

People, people, people!! PLEASE do not ask for Mohawk pix, because there
aren't any! Bryan decided to let me out of that clause in my agreement
because he felt that my husband wouldn't be too thrilled to see his
darlin wifey with a Mohawk.

--Camille, who does have her hair.

Sacha Wilberg

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Und es sprach jemand namens Camille Klein (cap...@winternet.com) die folgenden Worte:
: Bryan was not sure my husband would like me with a Mohawk, and so let me
: out of that part of my agreement.
Glad to here that, Camille.

Greetings,
--
__ __
/ \./ \/\_

FASA Bryan

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
I figured I would hop online after a few weeks an give you my point of
view (briefly) on the ToG (delay due to massive workload - as usual <g>).

The 'Mechs I chose, and briefly why:

Puma A
I always loved this little guy. A 35-tonner with the firepower of an
Archer and the movement of a Commando! And no minimum range! Only weak
point is armor, oh well, he was the only one to die...

Hellhound
How can you not like this 'Mech. NEVER underestimate the power of a Large
Pulse Laser (I know Camille won't make that mistake again). <G> I also
wanted at least two jumpers on my team, and this one's a doozy at 6/9/6.

Ryoken B
I couldn't resist at least one UAC20! Not bad on the movement and armor
front, either!

Vulture Prime
Another of my perennial favorites. Armor's not too good, but it's hard to
beat the firepower and accuracy!!

Mad Cat Pryde (from Tukayyid)
The heaviest bad boy in my bunch, I wanted another jumping 'Mech, but also
wanted a Mad Cat. So there you have it - a great surprise weapon, by the
way. I announced that it was the jumping variant at the start of the
battle, but I bet Camille forgot. The look on her face when the Mad Cat
JUMPED behind her Masakari was a hint...

I intentionally steered clear of Gauss Rifles, ERPPCs, and Targeting
compuers (although I LOVE Gauss Rifles - no kidding see the Gausszilla). I
wanted to maintain a sort of "moral high ground" on the killer weapon
front. <g> However, I had plenty of pulse lasers and LRM20s, both of which
served me very well.

The battlefield was 2x2 mapsheets arranged in a square. Camille and I sat
accross from each other, with the long sides of the maps facing us.
Starting at my left, going clockwise, we had:
CityTech map, Desert Mountain #1, Heavy Forest #1, and Maountain Lake (I
think). They were all arranged with the numbers facing the same way, so
that "up" was to my left.

Why did I object to Camille's cool dice? (These were red dice made of a
lightweight plastic. In place of the 6 was a logo from BT.) We had used
some of these dice at a "game nite" at the office a few weeks earlier, and
I became firmly convinced they roll more 6s than odds would dictate.
Therefore, I asked her to use different dice, and she kindly complied.

In general, I had abyssmal luke in the first 2-3 turns. Winning initiative
(I recall) but failing to hit with ANY weapons (grr).
At that point I promised a Chicago Bulls style come-from-behind victory,
and delivered in spades!
The early manuvering was pretty straight-forward closing. My units were
pretty conervative, taking cover in hills and woods. Only the Ryoken
boldly charged out - he's all close-range after all!
As the battle progressed, Camille continued to quite aggressively pursue,
whereas I often held my ground for the better shot (both the Hellhound and
Vulture spent a few turns stationary; firing Pulse Lasers with deadly
accuracy).
Late in the game, the dice seemed to turn against Camille, which combined
with her tatics turned into assured victory for me (moo-hoo-ha-ha).

The turning point was probably when I beheaded the dreaded Warhawk-C. That
slugging match could have been gory, but my Mad Cat got away virtually
unharmed. From that point, I had the numbers to overwhelm Camille even if
my other 'Mechs started to fall (which they didn't).

I have to say that Camille didn't play badly, but she made a few mistakes
in maneuver that added up to cost her in the long run (not that I didn't
make mistakes). I got lucky with the dice later in the game, when it
really counted. (A little luck never hurts.)

I had a really good time, and will refrain from any REALLY SERIOUS
gloating.
:)
Bye for now, and thanks for your support (those of you who were rooting
for me), and HA HA to those of you who didn't root for me. (Okay, so a
little gloating.)

Bryan Nystul
BattleTech Developer, FASA Corp
FASA...@aol.com

Camille Klein

Jan 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/15/96
Quoth FASA Bryan:
: I figured I would hop online after a few weeks an give you my point of

: view (briefly) on the ToG (delay due to massive workload - as usual <g>).

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! Don't believe a WORD he
says! ;) ;) ;)

: The 'Mechs I chose, and briefly why:

: Mad Cat Pryde (from Tukayyid)

: The heaviest bad boy in my bunch, I wanted another jumping 'Mech, but also
: wanted a Mad Cat. So there you have it - a great surprise weapon, by the
: way. I announced that it was the jumping variant at the start of the
: battle, but I bet Camille forgot. The look on her face when the Mad Cat
: JUMPED behind her Masakari was a hint...

Foo--taking advantage of a senile old woman like that. Shame on you
Bryan! (I must note that I was running on Adrenalin and 4 hours'
sleep--and that is NOT an excuse for my bad luck)

: The battlefield was 2x2 mapsheets arranged in a square. Camille and I sat

: accross from each other, with the long sides of the maps facing us.
: Starting at my left, going clockwise, we had:
: CityTech map, Desert Mountain #1, Heavy Forest #1, and Maountain Lake (I
: think). They were all arranged with the numbers facing the same way, so
: that "up" was to my left.

I will note here that one of the gents from the Art department (the one
who had the Cthulhu Kiss From Hell on his fore'ead--I'm sorry, I forgot
his name! *BHOK*) tagged this mapset "The Planet Of Psychotic Terrain".
:) (Or, as I've taken to calling it--Planet Raleighwood. So named
because of the layouts that we use down here in Raleigh) :)

: Why did I object to Camille's cool dice? (These were red dice made of a

: lightweight plastic. In place of the 6 was a logo from BT.) We had used
: some of these dice at a "game nite" at the office a few weeks earlier, and
: I became firmly convinced they roll more 6s than odds would dictate.
: Therefore, I asked her to use different dice, and she kindly complied.

i.e. 'e woz scared drekless! ;) ;) ;) ;)

[deletia of much back-patting and gloating--no, I'm not angry at myself. Not
at all...... ;)]

: The turning point was probably when I beheaded the dreaded Warhawk-C. That

: slugging match could have been gory, but my Mad Cat got away virtually
: unharmed. From that point, I had the numbers to overwhelm Camille even if
: my other 'Mechs started to fall (which they didn't).

*grumblemuttercurseaxewhackonconvenientblockofwood*

: I have to say that Camille didn't play badly, but she made a few mistakes

: in maneuver that added up to cost her in the long run (not that I didn't
: make mistakes). I got lucky with the dice later in the game, when it
: really counted. (A little luck never hurts.)

Foo--and here I thought I had gotten away from kamikaze tactics. Oh well.

: I had a really good time, and will refrain from any REALLY SERIOUS
: gloating.
: :)

This from the man who signed off an email to me with "Ha ha ha! I won! I
won!" ;)

: Bye for now, and thanks for your support (those of you who were rooting
: for me), and HA HA to those of you who didn't root for me. (Okay, so a
: little gloating.)

Go ahead, you've earned it.

--Camille, feeling in some VERY odd sense like Richard Nixon.....

David The CyberGuineaPig Jacobs

Jan 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/17/96
fasa...@aol.com (FASA Bryan) wrote:

<KERRR-SNIP!>

>The 'Mechs I chose, and briefly why:

>Puma A

>I always loved this little guy. A 35-tonner with the firepower of an
>Archer and the movement of a Commando! And no minimum range! Only weak
>point is armor, oh well, he was the only one to die...

Always been one of my fave missile 'Mechs.

>Hellhound
>How can you not like this 'Mech. NEVER underestimate the power of a Large
>Pulse Laser (I know Camille won't make that mistake again). <G> I also
>wanted at least two jumpers on my team, and this one's a doozy at 6/9/6.

These things are NASTY. After a few games of having this brought up
against me, I learnt to destroy this 'Mech first. Ended up becoming
my 3rd-fave prefab Clan 'Mech (after the Locust IIC and the Viper).

>Ryoken B
>I couldn't resist at least one UAC20! Not bad on the movement and armor
>front, either!

GRRR. I've had _very_ bad experiences at the hands of Ultra AC20's
lately.

<Drool flying to the winds as more is hacked away>

>The battlefield was 2x2 mapsheets arranged in a square. Camille and I sat
>accross from each other, with the long sides of the maps facing us.
>Starting at my left, going clockwise, we had:
>CityTech map, Desert Mountain #1, Heavy Forest #1, and Maountain Lake (I
>think). They were all arranged with the numbers facing the same way, so
>that "up" was to my left.

I set the maps out as you described, and it looked as if Camille had a
DEFINITE cover advantage. Did you set up any buildings on the CT map?

<HACK HACK GRUNT RIP>

>I have to say that Camille didn't play badly, but she made a few mistakes
>in maneuver that added up to cost her in the long run (not that I didn't
>make mistakes). I got lucky with the dice later in the game, when it
>really counted. (A little luck never hurts.)

Unless it's the bad sort #%o)

The CyberGuineaPig
(tin_...@fl.net.au)