EnvComp results and reviews

1 view

David Fisher

Apr 24, 2009, 7:18:27 PM4/24/09
EnvComp was a small IF competition with a focus on interesting settings; you
can find out more from http://www.ifwiki.org/index.php/EnvComp. The two
entries can be downloaded from
http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/games/mini-comps/envcomp.

The final scores were:

8.0 for Dead Like Ants (C. E. J. Pacian)
5.6 for La Seine (Derek Sutcliffe)

For the curious, the individual scores were:

Dead Like Ants: 7 7 7.5 8 8 8 8 8 9 9
La Seine: 3 3 4 5 6 6.5 6.5 7 7 8

Stephen Granade is kindly hosting the judges' reviews at Brass Lantern. You
can read them here:

http://brasslantern.org/reviews/text/envcomp.html

Lots of thanks to all the judges --

Greg Boettcher
Stephen Granade
Jon Ingold
Jacqueline A. Lott
Mike Roberts
Dan Shiovitz
Lucian Smith
Mike Sousa
Duncan Stevens
Jake Wildstrom

And congratulations to both authors!

(AbilityComp entries are due in one week; there are three more competitions
coming up after that: NPCComp, SenseComp and GameplayComp. See the links at
the top of the ifwiki page above for details).

Poster

Apr 24, 2009, 10:02:34 PM4/24/09
In article <12406151...@kangaroo.ozonline.com.au>,
"David Fisher" <david...@australiaonline.net.au> wrote:

Surely there is a better place to host such announcements, like maybe
here. There's no real reason to give those gulag operators any more
sense of power than they already possess.

--
Poster

www.intaligo.com I6 libraries, doom metal, Building
sturmdrangif.wordpress.com Game development blog / IF commentary
Seasons: fall '09 -- One-man projects are prone to delays.

S. John Ross

Apr 25, 2009, 11:04:31 PM4/25/09

> Surely there is a better place to host such announcements, like maybe
> here. There's no real reason to give those gulag operators any more
> sense of power than they already possess.

StalinComp isn't 'til later in the year, though I can certainly
understand your eagerness for it!

My own entry will be "Holodomor Honeys," a comedic AIF romp of sexual
morays and political satire and tough moral quandaries set against a
backdrop of Ukranian starvation.

S. John Ross

Apr 25, 2009, 11:05:21 PM4/25/09

> sexual morays

(and no, that is NOT a typo; wait and see!)

Adam Thornton

Apr 25, 2009, 11:12:29 PM4/25/09
In article <8a1f567c-80d1-4203...@b6g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,

S. John Ross <sj...@io.com> wrote:
>> sexual morays
>(and no, that is NOT a typo; wait and see!)

When there's a big vicious eel
Wants to make you its meal
That's a moray!

Adam

S. John Ross

Apr 26, 2009, 12:24:31 AM4/26/09
On Apr 25, 8:12 pm, a...@fileserver.fsf.net (Adam Thornton) wrote:
> In article <8a1f567c-80d1-4203-ae2a-4651ef3af...@b6g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,

> S. John Ross <sj...@io.com> wrote:
>
> >> sexual morays
> >(and no, that is NOT a typo; wait and see!)
>
> When there's a big vicious eel
> Wants to make you its meal
> That's a moray!
>
> Adam

I was thinking more along the lines of "When a Lossiemouth lass takes
it straight up the ..."

But yeah, also :)