IntroComp 2008 Results

Jacqueline A. Lott

Sep 7, 2008, 3:08:26 PM9/7/08
This morning/afternoon/evening, with much pomp and circumstance on the
ifMUD, we had a ceremony to announce the results the seventh annual
IntroComp. I'm pleased to post the results here...

We begin with the three introductions which are eligible to receive
the Honorable Prize (listed in alphabetical order by author's last
name or nom de plume). That is to say, the first of these authors to
turn their introduction into a polished game, provided they do so by
August 20, 2009, is eligible to receive $25US (minus any currency
conversion fee).

Fiendish Zoo, by Elizabeth Heller
Bedtime story, by Taleslinger
Nine-Tenths of the Law, by Jack Welch

Second runner-up, potentially eligible for a $40US completion prize,
goes to the introduction with a catchy opening tune: The Bloody Guns,
by Stuart Allen

First runner-up, potentially eligible for a $60US completion prize,
goes to an introduction that made our skin crawl (and I do mean that
in the nicest way possible): Storm Cellar, by P. F. Sheckarski

And that brings us to our top entry, a lovely piece with some great
world-building, potentially eligible for a $100US completion prize:
Phoenix's Landing: Destiny, by Carolyn VanEseltine

Many thanks to those who entered, those who tested, those who played
and voted, and those kind souls who provided feedback to the authors.
Thanks also to Neil deMause for the idea of IntroComp and to Eileen
Mullin and XyzzyNews for sponsoring the competition again this year.

On a final note, ClubFloyd will be playing all the introductions over
the next week or two (or possibly three, if it takes that long).
Transcripts will be posted in the usual place at
http://www.allthingsjacq.com/interactive_fiction.html#clubfloyd

Thanks for another year... see you in 2009.
- Jacqueline