[IFComp] Results of IFComp 2010

Stephen Granade

Nov 16, 2010, 1:18:51 PM11/16/10
The 16th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition has ended.
Congratulations to Matt Wigdahl, whose "Aotearoa" took first place. The
top three games were:

Aotearoa, by Matt Wigdahl
Rogue of the Multiverse, by C.E.J. Pacian
One Eye Open, by Colin Sandel and Carolyn VanEseltine(tie)

The winners of the Miss Congeniality contest were:

Aotearoa, by Matt Wigdahl and Death Off the Cuff, by Simon
Christiansen (tie for first)
The Blind House, by Amanda Allen (writing as Maude Overton) and One
Eye Open, by Colin Sandel and Carolyn VanEseltine (tie for third)

Congratulations to all authors who entered!

Stephen

Full results list:

1. Aotearoa, by Matt Wigdahl
2. Rogue of the Multiverse, by C.E.J. Pacian
3. One Eye Open, by Colin Sandel and Carolyn VanEseltine
4. The Blind House, by Amanda Allen (writing as Maude Overton)
5. Death Off the Cuff, by Simon Christiansen
6. Mite, by Sara Dee
7. The People's Glorious Revolutionary Text Adventure Game, by Taylor
Vaughan
8. Flight of the Hummingbird, by Michael Martin
9. Gris et Jaune, by Jason Devlin (writing as Steve van Gaal)
(tie) The Warbler's Nest, by Jason McIntosh
11. Divis Mortis, by Lynnea Dally
12. Oxygen, by ShadowK
13. The Bible Retold: Following a Star, by Justin Morgan
14. Leadlight, by Wade Clarke
15. Gigantomania, by Michelle Tirto
16. Under, In Erebus, by Brian Rapp
17. Pen and Paint, by Owen Parish
(tie) The 12:54 to Asgard, by J. Robinson Wheeler
19. The Bible Retold: The Lost Sheep, by Ben Pennington
20. Heated, by Timothy Peers
21. Ninja's Fate, by Hannes Schueller
22. Sons of the Cherry, by Alex Livingston
23. East Grove Hills, by XYZ
24. R, by therealeasterbunny
25. A quiet evening at home, by Ruth Alfasso (writing as anonymous)
26. The Chronicler, by John Evans

--
Stephen Granade
ste...@granades.com

Michael Neal Tenuis

Nov 16, 2010, 2:19:40 PM11/16/10
Stephen Granade wrote:
> The 16th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition has ended.
> Congratulations to Matt Wigdahl, whose "Aotearoa" took first place. The
> top three games were:
>
> Aotearoa, by Matt Wigdahl
> Rogue of the Multiverse, by C.E.J. Pacian
> One Eye Open, by Colin Sandel and Carolyn VanEseltine(tie)
>
> The winners of the Miss Congeniality contest were:
>
> Aotearoa, by Matt Wigdahl and Death Off the Cuff, by Simon
> Christiansen (tie for first)
> The Blind House, by Amanda Allen (writing as Maude Overton) and One
> Eye Open, by Colin Sandel and Carolyn VanEseltine (tie for third)
>
> Congratulations to all authors who entered!
>
> Stephen

Congratulations to everybody, and a Big Thank You to you, Stephen, for
organising the Comp!

Karl Ove Hufthammer

Nov 17, 2010, 2:43:47 PM11/17/10
Stephen Granade wrote:

> The 16th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition has ended.

Hmm. But where’s the *flood* of reviews and discussions which usually
follows the announcement of the comp results?

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
E-post/Jabber: ka...@huftis.org

Andrew Plotkin

Nov 17, 2010, 2:54:41 PM11/17/10
Here, Karl Ove Hufthammer <ka...@huftis.org> wrote:
> Stephen Granade wrote:
>
> > The 16th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition has ended.
>
> Hmm. But where?s the *flood* of reviews and discussions which usually
> follows the announcement of the comp results?

They all came out in the past six weeks. See planet-if,
intfiction.org, etc.

--Z

*

Karl Ove Hufthammer

Nov 17, 2010, 3:30:32 PM11/17/10
Andrew Plotkin wrote:

>> Hmm. But where’s the flood of reviews and discussions which usually

>> follows the announcement of the comp results?
>
> They all came out in the past six weeks. See planet-if,
> intfiction.org, etc.

Yes, and I have followed the IFWiki to find and read almost every review of
the games I have played. In general, I do prefer the relaxed comp rule about
posting reviews; the *flood* of reviews after the comp results announcement
actually used to be completely overwhelming …

But I was hoping there were still *some* unreleased reviews left for
r.g.i-f. Or some comments on the style, content og technique used in some of
this year’s games. And while Web sites work fine for reading the initial
reviews, they suck for following discussions over time. Web forums are only
marginally better. r.g.i-f is great for discussions.