[Announce] Moments out of Time 2, 2

L. Ross Raszewski

Apr 18, 2007, 12:24:05 PM4/18/07
Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I've released an updated and bugfixed
version of Moments out of Time 2. If you were put off by some of the
comments refering to bugs my playtesters missed, it might be worth the
time to give it a go now.

I've been working on this game for about six years now, and I hope it
will provide some entertainment to folks.

Moments out of Time 2 does not require any previous experience with
Momentsout of Time 1 nor with the "Renegade Version". These may
enrich your play experience somewhat, but are not at all necessary.

Please give it a look.
http://streamdive.trenchcoatsoft.co/moments2.zip
Be sure to download the zipped gblorb file from the website, as the
Download.com, if-archive, and windows exe versions have not yet been
updated.

Enjoy, and please write in with comments.

PS: I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME. THIS IS THE SECOND RELEASE OF THE
SEQUEL TO MOMENTS OUT OF TIME. IT IS NOT AN UPDATE TO THE 2001
COMPETITION GAME NOR IS IT YET ANOTHER NEW GAME.

Ryusui

Apr 18, 2007, 8:00:44 PM4/18/07
You've got a letter missing in that URL.

http://streamdive.trenchcoatsoft.com/moments2.zip

Seems we've got a pattern going. >_>

Message has been deleted

Ryusui

May 4, 2007, 2:45:52 PM5/4/07
On May 4, 9:38 am, niz <n...@infidel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes

> On Apr 18, 5:24 pm, lraszew...@loyola.edu (L. Ross Raszewski) wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
>
> > I wanted to let you know that I've released an updated and bugfixed
> > version of Moments out of Time 2. If you were put off by some of the
> > comments refering to bugs my playtesters missed, it might be worth the
> > time to give it a go now.
>
> i gave it a go... but am completely stuck. i've picked up everything
> thats not nailed down in the house, but dont know how to go "back to
> the future". so i'm just wandering around the house aimlessly. how to
> progress the game?

Your Dive Chip is your StreamDive console's time travel interface; you
use its functions to return to the future.

***SPOILERS FROM HELL***

Don't try to "pick up everything that's not nailed down". There are
two things you need in the house. First off, you'll need to find
Julia. No, she's not an NPC, but she will be...ahem..."useful" in your
quest if not...er..."entertaining". (Now that's something else I hope
has been fixed.) It helps if you've played the original Moments out of
Time or the Renegade Version: basically, the aforementioned Renegade
piggybacked on someone else's StreamDive and used the opportunity to
meddle with history *ever-so-slightly*. The resulting deviation in the
timestream deflected his jump back: now he's meddling around somewhere
*else* in history and it's your job to figure out where. You have to
find the anachronisms scattered throughout the house: if you've played
Moments out of Time, you've already likely found them, and if you've
played Renegade Version, you know exactly what to look for. If you're
still stuck...

***ROT-13'D FOR YOUR PROTECTION: http://www.rot13.com/***

Pna bs fcnz - va gur cnagel (unf orra grzcbenyyl fuvryqrq)
Zrqvpvar obggyr - va gur zveebe pnovarg va gur onguebbz (zrqf sbe n
qvfrnfr abg rapbhagrerq lrg)
Cbjre pbairegre - va gur punetvat fgnaq va gur tvey'f orqebbz (nyvra
grpuabybtl)
Qngnqvfp - va gur nggvp (jneavat zrffntr sebz gur shgher)

Once you have logged all of these using your Scan Chip, your friends
back in the future can figure out where Guido the Space Vandal went
and why. (On a side note, if you get that joke, you'll probably get a
*lot* more out of this game.)

Message has been deleted

Ryusui

May 6, 2007, 4:41:58 PM5/6/07
Did you get all the chips from the chip bank in the equipment locker
and install them into your console?

Message has been deleted

Ryusui

May 6, 2007, 6:53:28 PM5/6/07
The equipment locker has a chip bank. You're supposed to look in it
and take all the chips from it (yet another oversight; this was part
of the first game's routine), then install them in your console. I
have no idea if it's possible to get back if you forgot your dive
chip, apart from letting your console run out of power (which should
initiate an auto-jump).