1893: A World's Fair Mystery 4000

PTN

May 10, 2010, 2:08:23 PM5/10/10
Since today is the first Chicago IF Group Meeting, and since I'll
actually be able to go to it, unlike (alas) PAX EAST, now seems like a
good time to give what will probably be my last update regarding sales
of the game 1893: A World's Fair Mystery. It has now exceeded 4,000
copies sold.

For a while, you could buy an electronic download version through
Manifesto Games, but this option is no longer available as they moved
away from their previous business model. So there is no download
version any more. (I haven't updated this information on my site
because I somehow managed to erase my site's SQL tables, so basically
the html pages are still there, intact, but I will have to recreate
the entire site again in order to add or edit anything. It's on my to-
do list, but not fun.)

I have about 300 physical copies of 1893 left. These should last
through the end of the year, at least. But after that, they will be
gone, I think. At least, I have no plans currently to print another
batch. (Unless there's a huge GET LAMP resurgence of interest -- hey,
a guy can hope, right?) Here's the link:

http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/if/games/1893/

Thanks to everyone who has supported this effort over the years. If
anyone was on the fence, I'll point you to Paul O'Brian's review in IF-
Review, which well captures the strengths and many weaknesses of the
game.

http://www.ministryofpeace.com/if-review/reviews/20090116.html

-- Peter
http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/if

S. John Ross

May 11, 2010, 12:02:59 AM5/11/10
On May 10, 11:08 am, PTN <pet...@illuminatedlantern.com> wrote:
> Since today is the first Chicago IF Group Meeting, and since I'll
> actually be able to go to it, unlike (alas) PAX EAST, now seems like a
> good time to give what will probably be my last update regarding sales
> of the game 1893: A World's Fair Mystery. It has now exceeded 4,000
> copies sold.

Fantastic. Mucho congratso!

dott.Piergiorgio

May 11, 2010, 4:30:40 AM5/11/10
Il 10/05/2010 20:08, PTN ha scritto:
> Since today is the first Chicago IF Group Meeting, and since I'll
> actually be able to go to it, unlike (alas) PAX EAST, now seems like a
> good time to give what will probably be my last update regarding sales
> of the game 1893: A World's Fair Mystery. It has now exceeded 4,000
> copies sold.

> I have about 300 physical copies of 1893 left. These should last

> through the end of the year, at least. But after that, they will be
> gone, I think. At least, I have no plans currently to print another
> batch. (Unless there's a huge GET LAMP resurgence of interest -- hey,
> a guy can hope, right?) Here's the link:

huh ?

I guess there was batchs of 1,000 copies, so, there's not few copies
damaged/lost/destroyed in warehouse ? :(

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Andrew Owen

May 11, 2010, 6:16:46 AM5/11/10
Have you considered delivery via Steam? I gather independents are able
to distribute their games that way.

PTN

May 11, 2010, 10:14:11 AM5/11/10
On May 11, 5:16 am, Andrew Owen <cheve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you considered delivery via Steam? I gather independents are able
> to distribute their games that way.

I haven't, but will ask them.

-- Peter
http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/if

PTN

May 11, 2010, 10:19:21 AM5/11/10
On May 11, 3:30 am, "dott.Piergiorgio"
<dott.PiergiorgioNI...@KAIGUN.fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> I guess there was batchs of 1,000 copies, so, there's not few copies
> damaged/lost/destroyed in warehouse ? :(

Strangely, batches of 1100, because that's just how the digipak orders
worked at the company I placed the order with, which is why I have a
few hundred left after ordering four batches, and I've lost, given
review copies, and donated for prizes like the Chicago Public School's
history fair around ~100.

-- Peter
http://www.illuminatedlantern.com/if

RootShell (IFReviews.org)

May 11, 2010, 7:04:57 PM5/11/10
Thanks for the excelent game. Im the proud owner of a physical copy :)

Hope to see something from you soon, and a physical copy with such a
quality too :)

Kind regards
RootShell

Em 10-05-2010 19:08, PTN escreveu:
> Since today is the first Chicago IF Group Meeting, and since I'll
> actually be able to go to it, unlike (alas) PAX EAST, now seems like a
> good time to give what will probably be my last update regarding sales
> of the game 1893: A World's Fair Mystery. It has now exceeded 4,000
> copies sold.
>
> For a while, you could buy an electronic download version through
> Manifesto Games, but this option is no longer available as they move

dott.Piergiorgio

May 12, 2010, 1:46:53 AM5/12/10

meh, really odd.... I suspect is a similiar thing to the old printer's
ream, whose was of 516 sheets instead of 500, accounting for defective
sheets... but 10% more ? mah, the company you placed the order is still
on business ? ;)

Thank for your clarification, later I'll do a bit of research on this
industrial practice oddity, whose has definitively piqued my curiosity.,.