Two OP go books for sale on eBay

Michael Keller

Sep 21, 2009, 12:39:54 PM9/21/09
The Breakthrough to Shodan fair condition, pencil annotations
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200386445767

A Compendium of Trick Plays very good condition
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200386448499

Kirk McElhearn

Sep 22, 2009, 10:26:46 AM9/22/09

Man, I should sell some of my books at those prices. I have both in
much better conditions (the second one is mint).

Kirk
--
Kirkville: http://www.mcelhearn.com
Writings about more than just Macs

richard

Sep 22, 2009, 3:50:39 PM9/22/09
Kirk McElhearn wrote:
> On 2009-09-21 18:39:54 +0200, Michael Keller <wgre...@yahoo.com> said:
>
>> The Breakthrough to Shodan fair condition, pencil annotations
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200386445767
>>
>> A Compendium of Trick Plays very good condition
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200386448499
>

> Man, I should sell some of my books at those prices. I have both in much
> better conditions (the second one is mint).
>
> Kirk

After seeing, for a long time, copies of "Go proverbs illustrated" at ridiculous prices, I was fortunate to pick up a good copy
for �15 +�4 p&p from abebooks.co.uk

At last I'm now in possession of the book that someone "borrowed" c. 1975

I'm now waiting for Tesuji and anti-suji of Go to appear.

Kirk McElhearn

Sep 23, 2009, 5:20:30 AM9/23/09
On 2009-09-22 21:50:39 +0200, richard <mullens-...@ntlworld.com> said:

> I'm now waiting for Tesuji and anti-suji of Go to appear.

I sold that one for $100 recently, in mint condition.

richard

Sep 23, 2009, 6:14:55 PM9/23/09
Kirk McElhearn wrote:
> On 2009-09-22 21:50:39 +0200, richard <mullens-...@ntlworld.com>
> said:
>
>> I'm now waiting for Tesuji and anti-suji of Go to appear.
>

> I sold that one for $100 recently, in mint condition.
>
> Kirk

I won't pay that much !

Hopefully someone will scan their copy and place it on the p2p file sharing network.

The publishers will then only have themselves to blame.

Kirk McElhearn

Sep 25, 2009, 4:09:54 AM9/25/09
On 2009-09-24 00:14:55 +0200, richard <mullens-...@ntlworld.com> said:

> Hopefully someone will scan their copy and place it on the p2p file
> sharing network.

That's the solution: steal it instead.

Is that how you get all your media?

richard

Sep 25, 2009, 10:44:22 AM9/25/09
Kirk McElhearn wrote:
> On 2009-09-24 00:14:55 +0200, richard <mullens-...@ntlworld.com>
> said:
>
>> Hopefully someone will scan their copy and place it on the p2p file
>> sharing network.
>

> That's the solution: steal it instead.
>
> Is that how you get all your media?
>
> Kirk

Better than buying it from a greedy bastard who lords it over other go players boasting of the price they were able to get for
Tesuji and Anti-Suji of Go

If you read my earlier post you would have seen that I bought Go Proverbs Illustrated - at a fair price - so your question is
unwarranted.

Appledog

Sep 25, 2009, 12:23:16 PM9/25/09
On Sep 24, 6:14 am, richard <mullens-delete...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Kirk McElhearn wrote:
> > On 2009-09-22 21:50:39 +0200, richard <mullens-delete...@ntlworld.com>

> > said:
>
> >> I'm now waiting for Tesuji and anti-suji of Go to appear.
>
> > I sold that one for $100 recently, in mint condition.
>
> > Kirk
>
> I won't pay that much !
>
> Hopefully someone will scan their copy and place it on the p2p file sharing network.
>
> The publishers will then only have themselves to blame.

Yes i live in Asia and have "certain resources" as a result
unavailable to my western brothers.

No go book should cost $100. Second point. Resources in the form of
books will never replace government-level support for Go.

Government-level support for Go will never come in the USA because
it's a capitalistic society. Who among us will run for congress and
get Go in the education system?

EXACTLY.

-

Joel Olson

Sep 30, 2009, 10:29:36 PM9/30/09
"Appledog" <oliver....@gmail.com> wrote in message

EXACTLY.

-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never-the-less, its getting its foot in the door.

A few of the local schools are starting clubs, and the AGF is stepping up
with practical help. Admittedly, nowhere near the Godokoro system, but
there are a few bright spots.

Ben Finney

Sep 30, 2009, 10:47:28 PM9/30/09
"Joel Olson" <joel....@cox.net> writes:

> Government-level support for Go will never come in the USA because
> it's a capitalistic society. Who among us will run for congress and
> get Go in the education system?

This is a non sequitur. I very much doubt that “no government support”
was immediately followed by “national government support” in any Asian
countries either.

There are many levels of government below Congress in the USA (and in
most countries). You could, for instance, run for local council, and
promote that local schools use specific abstract board games
historically shown to have high correlation with healthy cognitive
development (why yes, you do have a good example in mind of such a game,
how kind of them to ask).

This is how national support for such things most commonly emerges:
because it first happens at a local level and turns out to have
demonstrably good results.

> Never-the-less, its getting its foot in the door.
>
> A few of the local schools are starting clubs, and the AGF is stepping
> up with practical help. Admittedly, nowhere near the Godokoro system,
> but there are a few bright spots.

If you want to compare the Asian and Western go support infrastructures,
the western nations have many centuries of ground to cover, and most of
it does not directly involve government support.

--
\ “I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate |
`\ those who do. And for the people who like country music, |

Appledog

Oct 1, 2009, 1:41:49 AM10/1/09
On Oct 1, 10:47 am, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-s...@benfinney.id.au>
wrote:

> This is how national support for such things most commonly emerges:
> because it first happens at a local level and turns out to have
> demonstrably good results.

I thought about what you said but I do not agree because there exist
too many examples of great success when things are done differently. I
think that we should follow the Korean example. Within a few short
years they went from nothing to something.

http://senseis.xmp.net/?GoHistory#toc3

-