I have been fired :(

Sean K Reynolds

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
This is just a quick note, as I am at home and this is a long
distance call to netcom from here. I came in to work today and was told
to clean out my office. Apparently due to disagreements with management
over the possible TSR web page, I have been fired. They already have some
other guy lined up to take over my job. Jeff something. More info later,
I gotta call my folks.

Rather pissed,

- Sean

--
Sean K Reynolds a.k.a. "Veggie Boy" skr...@aol.com skr...@netcom.com
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, so as to be purchased at the price of

Jason Hatter

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
Sean K Reynolds (skr...@netcom.com) wrote:
: This is just a quick note, as I am at home and this is a long

: distance call to netcom from here. I came in to work today and was told
: to clean out my office. Apparently due to disagreements with management
: over the possible TSR web page, I have been fired. They already have some
: other guy lined up to take over my job. Jeff something. More info later,
: I gotta call my folks.
: Rather pissed,
: - Sean

ACK!!!! Nooo! Damn. Now I've got to get to the TSR page so I can get
your picture before it goes bye bye 8( This sucks...

Jason

Dru A Smith

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
In article <skreynDp...@netcom.com>,

Sean K Reynolds <skr...@netcom.com> wrote:
> This is just a quick note, as I am at home and this is a long
>distance call to netcom from here. I came in to work today and was told
>to clean out my office. Apparently due to disagreements with management
>over the possible TSR web page, I have been fired. They already have some
>other guy lined up to take over my job. Jeff something. More info later,
>I gotta call my folks.
>
> Rather pissed,
>
> - Sean

Sean,
You've done a much better job than your predecessor in matters
of net-communication, you've made strides in helping bridge the
gaps between the net community and TSR, and you have helped to
clear a path for future copyright clarifications. All this,
of course, removes some power from TSR. I guess all I can say
is, it's not much of a surprise.
However, I've *NO* idea about the inner-office politics
behind this decision, so you have my condolences.

Awaiting the arrival of the new net-rep, and the inevitable
re-hashing of an entire year's work with Sean (thus stonewalling
the net-community),

Dru Smith
*** starting 10/1/95, new e-mail: d...@charybdis.ngs.noaa.gov ***

"...all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which
there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and
those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one
above the other"
-- H.P. Lovecraft, The Silver Key

Jennifer Brinn

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
to Sean K Reynolds
Sean,

I for one will miss your prescence. I didn't interact with you much
myself (although you did take the time to answer some of my questions).
But you were a valued denizen of this newsgroup, someone we could go to
and someone who understood.

Take care, and good luck for your future. I hope that this is not a door
closing but one opening.

Not that I was buying much TSR stuff lately anyways (the quality is what
counts guys, not quantity), but I doubt that I will spend any in the
future. Especially if half the stuff I've heard about your leaving is
true.

Blessings,

Jennifer
--
"Manipulating your anticipation of your own manipulation."--EBN
Check out the best RPG I've ever seen: http://www.tai-gear.com/

trung p nguyen

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
Hmm, an April the 1st post.

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Sean K Reynolds wrote:

> This is just a quick note, as I am at home and this is a long
> distance call to netcom from here. I came in to work today and was told
> to clean out my office. Apparently due to disagreements with management
> over the possible TSR web page, I have been fired. They already have some
> other guy lined up to take over my job. Jeff something. More info later,
> I gotta call my folks.
>
> Rather pissed,

WHAT!!! NO CAPITAL LETTERS TO EXPRESS YOUR OUTRAGE!!!

Jason Andrew Chandler

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96

Hey, Sean was cool, let's yell at TSR a bunch.

JC
Jason Chandler
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
JAS...@CSD.UWM.EDU
HTTP://WWW.I.DON'T.HAVE/a.website.html
Art Major and Advocate General of Psionics
BOOG!

Jacques Brunswick

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
On Mon, 1 Apr 1996 17:27:28 GMT, skr...@netcom.com (Sean K Reynolds)
wrote:

> This is just a quick note, as I am at home and this is a long
>distance call to netcom from here. I came in to work today and was told
>to clean out my office. Apparently due to disagreements with management
>over the possible TSR web page, I have been fired. They already have some
>other guy lined up to take over my job. Jeff something. More info later,
>I gotta call my folks.

While we could not always agree with your / TSR's point of view, I
really appreciated your work online. I guess this goes to show that a
company usually doesn't know what its employees (and its customers!)
are all about. Good luck and may we hear from you again.

-jacques-

>Sean K Reynolds a.k.a. "Veggie Boy" skr...@aol.com skr...@netcom.com
>"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, so as to be purchased at the price of
> chains and slavery? Forbid it, alimighty god! I know not what course others
> may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

"All we are saying. is give peas a chance"
- Robbie Sinclair -

Qubrak Shata

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
I think that I speak for all of us on the net when I say goodbye. When I
came online, you were always around. Now, you are not going to be here.
The one thing that I fear most is how the new guy will treat us....

--
Qubrak Shata
Never say ever sfx...@prodigy.com

http://pages.prodigy.com/SFXG88D/infocenter.html

HICKEY MATTHEW

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
In article <31616a13...@news.worldaccess.nl> jacq...@worldaccess.nl (Jacques Brunswick) writes:
>> This is just a quick note, as I am at home and this is a long
>>distance call to netcom from here. I came in to work today and was told
>>to clean out my office. Apparently due to disagreements with management
>>over the possible TSR web page, I have been fired. They already have some
>>other guy lined up to take over my job. Jeff something. More info later,
>>I gotta call my folks.
>
>While we could not always agree with your / TSR's point of view, I
>really appreciated your work online. I guess this goes to show that a
>company usually doesn't know what its employees (and its customers!)
>are all about. Good luck and may we hear from you again.

I have to agree, it's hard to find an enemy one can truly respect.
I'll miss having a rational net.rep (even when people like me are at times,
totally irrational). It does say something about T$R that they would turf
their best negociator.

>-jacques-
>
>>Sean K Reynolds a.k.a. "Veggie Boy" skr...@aol.com skr...@netcom.com
>>"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, so as to be purchased at the price of
>> chains and slavery? Forbid it, alimighty god! I know not what course others
>> may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry
>
>"All we are saying. is give peas a chance"
> - Robbie Sinclair -

Nightshade
Prophet of the Anti-T$R
Warmaster of the Revolutionary Army of Mystarra
Violator of the T$R CoE

Nightshade
Lord of the Poisoned Rose "Hold onto nothing, as fast as you can"
- Tori Amos
Matthew Hickey
Vryce@NuRPG
Email: Gn...@Academic.STU.StThomasU.Ca

Kenneth Arromdee

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
In article <4jrb8i$9...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>,
Dru A Smith <drus...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
] Sean,

] You've done a much better job than your predecessor in matters
]of net-communication, you've made strides in helping bridge the
]gaps between the net community and TSR, and you have helped to
]clear a path for future copyright clarifications. All this,
]of course, removes some power from TSR. I guess all I can say
]is, it's not much of a surprise.
] However, I've *NO* idea about the inner-office politics
]behind this decision, so you have my condolences.
] Awaiting the arrival of the new net-rep, and the inevitable
]re-hashing of an entire year's work with Sean (thus stonewalling
]the net-community),

Before you deliver the eulogies, remember that the post was posted on April
1.
--
Ken Arromdee (arro...@jyusenkyou.cs.jhu.edu, karr...@nyx.cs.du.edu;
http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~arromdee)

"Kermit the Pig?!?!?!?!" -- The Muppet Show

Kristi Appelhans

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
How do we most effectively yell at TSR? I am more than willing to do so.
For a TSR guy, Sean was pretty cool.

ChrisA
-kil-

Sean K Reynolds

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
Just so this doesn't go any farther, and in case you haven't
read the "Announcement from TSR" thread, the story of me
being fired was an April Fools' joke. Thank you for all
of your kind words, and it is nice to know that people
out there like me enough to look past my nasty job.

Thanks again, and next year y'all can fool me....

--
Sean K Reynolds a.k.a. Veggie Boy skr...@netcom.com skr...@aol.com
"You think you're so smart, but I've seen you naked

TSR Inc

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
Since Netcom is so bloody slow, I'm replying through AOL, too.
I was _not_ fired ... it was an April Fools' Day joke.
Thank you all for your support and nice comments.

Now go read the "Announcement from TSR" thread to see what
else people have to say about this little joke of mine....

- Sean
Sean K Reynolds tsr...@aol.com
Online Coordinator - Tsr, Inc.
414-248-3625 Fax 414-248-0389
All opinions are mine, not TSR's. When it's official,
I'll say so. :)

bax...@hookup.net

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
Qubrak Shata <sfx...@prodigy.com> writes:
> I think that I speak for all of us on the net when I say goodbye. When I
> came online, you were always around. Now, you are not going to be here.
> The one thing that I fear most is how the new guy will treat us....

Or at least, you speak for everyone on the net that can't figure out what day
a given post was made on.

The one thing that I fear most is that some day, something of earth-shattering
importance will be posted on April 1st.

email: bax...@hookup.net Scott Baxter
"How would you like a job where every time you make a
mistake a big red light goes on and 18000 people boo?"
-- Jacques Plante

SL Nyveen

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
In article <skreynDp...@netcom.com>, skr...@netcom.com (Sean K
Reynolds) wrote:

> This is just a quick note, as I am at home and this is a long
> distance call to netcom from here. I came in to work today and was told
> to clean out my office. Apparently due to disagreements with management
> over the possible TSR web page, I have been fired. They already have some
> other guy lined up to take over my job. Jeff something. More info later,
> I gotta call my folks.
>

> Rather pissed,
>
> - Sean

Masterful. Absolutely awe-inspiring. Man, did you rake them in.

Rather ego-assuaging too, I bet, with all those tearful comments....

I bow in your direction.

Laurie Nyveen lawr...@netuser.com
Editor, Netsurfer Digest - http://www.netsurf.com/nsd/index.html
DNRC Minister of Adding "ue" to Words That End in "log"

Brock Cusick

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
skr...@netcom.com (Sean K Reynolds) wrote:

>Just so this doesn't go any farther, and in case you haven't
>read the "Announcement from TSR" thread, the story of me
>being fired was an April Fools' joke. Thank you for all
>of your kind words, and it is nice to know that people
>out there like me enough to look past my nasty job.
>
>Thanks again, and next year y'all can fool me....
>
>--
>Sean K Reynolds a.k.a. Veggie Boy skr...@netcom.com skreyn@aol.

com
>"You think you're so smart, but I've seen you naked
> I'll probably see you naked again."
> - 'Blame It On Me,' BareNaked Ladies

Hah hah. That's pretty funny. Not.
I didn't fall for this because I went thru the thread by "geoff", the
"new guy", but I still think it is in bad taste. Sean - You are our only
rep to TSR we got here, and even for those who don't like you, at least
they know you and most respect you. Telling a joke to shock people is
funny, because they stare at the computer, then laugh, then tell you it
was funny. When I heard that some new guy was going to be our rep, I was
disappointed; when I read his note, I was depressed. After a while, I
figured it out, but I didn't laugh. Also, judging from how many people
seemed sad at your departure, I bet they weren't laughing when they read
your post. I still do 4/1 Fool's Day jokes, but I make sure they're funny
to all involved. This wasn't.

*Complaint off chest, Waving of white flag*

Well, Sean, your probably not too pleased with me right now, but I was
wondering if you could do me a favor anyway. If you don't want to, see it
as doing Julia Marten and Eric Boyd one. I wanted to tell them that I got
Faiths & Avatars, and I think it's a great book. If you could send me
their Email addresses, I'd appreciate it. (I don't know if you see them
at the office, 'cause I have no idea how it's set up, but if you do, you
could save yourself the trouble and just tell them in person for me.)
Thanks either way.

-Macros

Cya Round

Chris Pierson

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <4jt8ud$6...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, TSR Inc <tsr...@aol.com> wrote:
>Since Netcom is so bloody slow, I'm replying through AOL, too.
>I was _not_ fired ... it was an April Fools' Day joke.
>Thank you all for your support and nice comments.
>
>Now go read the "Announcement from TSR" thread to see what
>else people have to say about this little joke of mine....

It's amazing how much the tone of the follow-up messages differs between
this thread and the other one, isn't it? :)
Chris Pierson ** "No one hands me my gun and says, 'run.' _No one_."
Freelance Editor ** --Britt (James Coburn), The Magnificent Seven

KnightoftheRedRose

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
Hmm that was an interesting April foos joke sean.
It almost fooled me.
But if TSR would be so heartless to fire you for such and KILL Van Richten
in one Month Id seriously think about changing from AD&D to
SLINKY: The RPG.
Anyway, I mailed someone on here (one of the reps) and told them
I liked Faiths and Avatars but the background blue/white makes it hard
to read. I got a message back from Julia herself thanking me for the
observation. It was pretty cool.

TSR Online Coordinator

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
A post from the TSR Online Coordinator....

Brock Cusick (RKG...@prodigy.com) wrote:
>Hah hah. That's pretty funny. Not.

Well, I'll just not respond to the first part of your message, other
than by saying "You can't make everyone laugh every time." Pauly Shore is
definite proof of this.

Eric: bo...@ch.apollo.hp.com (he posts in the newsgroup)
Julia: TSRJ...@aol.com

>(I don't know if you see them
>at the office, 'cause I have no idea how it's set up

Actually, I don't think Eric and I have ever met. ::looks around the
newsgroup:: Eric, have you ever been to the TSR office?

--
Sean Reynolds, TSR Online Coordinator
TSR...@aol.com | AOL: keyword TSR | http://users.aol.com/tsrinc/

Eric Boyd

Apr 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/8/96
to TSR...@aol.com
In article <skreynD...@netcom.com>,

TSR Online Coordinator <TSR...@aol.com> wrote:

> Actually, I don't think Eric and I have ever met. ::looks around the
>newsgroup:: Eric, have you ever been to the TSR office?

Nope. I've never even been to Lake Geneva. I've been to Gencon five times
but that's as close as I've come. I wouldn't even recognize Julia if I bumped
into her on the street. :) Perhaps I'll get to meet lots of folks on the net
at GenCon '96 ...

Eric

PS For anyone who wants to laugh at people in the Northeast, we got three
inches of snow last night in Boston, with *more* forecast!

The Most Powerful Entity in the Universe's toad

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
bo...@ch.apollo.hp.com (Eric Boyd) wrote:

>PS For anyone who wants to laugh at people in the Northeast, we got three
>inches of snow last night in Boston, with *more* forecast!

For those of you who want to laugh at Boston, it is 85 in Denver today.