MIKE P ANSWERS YOUR RTG QUESTIONS

1 view

Talsorian

Feb 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/20/98

To the Howling Mob Outside Castle Talsorian: RELAX!!

A lot of people are asking "What does this scaleback of RTG mean to me? (You!
You! It's always about YOU! What about MY needs, Brain?), But to beat the
rumor-mongers back and answer your questions, here's a brief Q&Q

Q: What about Cyberpunk V3?
A: Yes, it's gonna get done; in fact probably faster than before. Here's the
dope. As Steve Jackson can also tell you (ask him about In Nomine sometimes),
running a company full time and getting any writing done are totally
incompatible; the more successful the company, the worse it gets. With things
reorganized, I will have a full four to six hours a DAY to write, instead of
four or five hours a week. I plan to whip on this puppy at top speed now that
I have the slack.

Q: What about Aftershocks (aka Stormfront #3)?
A: Hmm. A problem child that I admit I still have to find a home for. See,
Aftershocks gives a lot of hints and lead up to what is in V3, but doesn't
have a lot of actually PLAYABLE stuff; it's mostly a historical piece, since
what goes on is gonna happen no matter what your player trys to do about it.
At first, I was going to do it right after Firestorm, but then I thought,
"Hey, this might be cooler if we dump everyone into the 203X Cyberpunk world
and let them explore, then reveal HOW it all developed in the following book.
A sort of Secret History of the 21st Century." That's where I'm leaning to
right now; that way I can also reveal a lot of stuff about the Big secrets
behind the old 2020 world that can now be revealed (like where the Carbon
Plague came from).

Hey, send me a post and tell me what YOU think. Just keep it short, ok?
Pllleeeeeeaaaasssseeee!!!

Q: What about Mekton?
a: Mekton. Mekton. Mekton... As some of you already know, I have assembled a
group known as the Secret Masters of Mekton; players and GMs from all over
the planet, to discuss Mekton (I can't talk to all of you at once; there's
only one of me and I get about 60 pieces of E-Mail a day. The SM Squared and
I are discussing what we'd like to fix, add or change, and the best way to
implement Fuzion with the older system. Until we reach a conclusion, you'll
just have to stay tuned. Meanwhile, MKZ should be back in print shortly, and
I plan to post some of our Fuzion conversions at the Fuzion Labs site. And
no, we will not be leaving the Mekton Faithful out in the cold. Never again.

In general, the good news is that I will be getting more time to write,
which means I can contribute to more of the product mix. There will be less
product, but it should be more carefully designed because we will have more
time to work on it. We will have more time to support our Web and Internet
traffic, and maybe start some nifty new projects we never had time to do
before (like V-Max Online).

So quit worrying, fellow Rexers! Things are gonna turn out just fine! Hey, I
might even be able to get a new Falk book out!

Later
Mike Pondsmith