[PRESS] Rubicon Games, Inc. to Produce EVERWAY(tm)

Jesse aka Rimshadow

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

RUBICON GAMES, INC.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Evan Sass
Communications
Rubicon Games, Inc.
(206) 621-9179
cust...@rubicongames.com

Sue-Lane Wood
Media Relations
Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
(206) 204-7702
sue...@wizards.com

Rubicon Games, Inc. acquires EVERWAY(TM) Roleplaying Game Line

Seattle, WA (May 25, 1996) - Rubicon Games, Inc. is pleased to announce a new
direction for the company. After an accelerated negotiation process, Rubicon
Games and Wizards of the Coast, Inc. reached an agreement on May 23, 1996 for
Rubicon Games to purchase the EVERWAY(TM) Roleplaying Game line.

Rubicon Games is a young, Seattle-based company founded on the principles of
quality, innovation, and broad appeal. EVERWAY fits the company vision
perfectly in all three of these areas. Jesse McGatha, the President of
Rubicon Games, said, "This is an exciting time for us. We have played EVERWAY
since its premier in August 1995; we fell in love with the game almost
instantly. We never dreamed we would have a chance to share our vision with
all the other EVERWAY fans world-wide."

Rubicon Games will maintain game designer Jonathan Tweet's original vision
while continuing to develop a dynamic and appealing product line. Mr. Tweet
will join Rubicon Games' Board of Directors, allowing him an active role in
the development of EVERWAY. Magic: The Gathering(R) artist Amy Weber, Rubicon
Games' new Art Director, will guide the visual presentation for all future
EVERWAY products.

Mr. McGatha stated, "We have an exciting release schedule of EVERWAY
support products through 1997, and we're looking forward to developing
many more innovative supplements in the years ahead."

Wizards of the Coast and Magic: The Gathering are registered trademarks of
Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Rubicon Games and Everway are trademarks of
Rubicon Games, Inc.

PAGAN PUBLISHING
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
John Tynes
Communications
Pagan Publishing
(206) 528-7665
r...@halcyon.com

Sue-Lane Wood
Media Relations
Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
(206) 204-7702
sue...@wizards.com

Evan Sass
Communications
Rubicon Games, Inc.
(206) 621-9179
cust...@rubicongames.com

Pagan Publishing Releases EVERWAY(TM) Roleplaying Game Line in Favor of
Rubicon Games, Inc.

Seattle, WA (May 25, 1996) -After much deliberation, Pagan Publishing has
decided not to pursue the acquisition of WotC's EVERWAY(TM) roleplaying game.
"It's a terrific game," said John Tynes, president of Pagan Publishing, "but
the more we looked at the acquistion, the more it became clear that this
wasn't as good a match as we initially thought it was."

Pagan's board of directors decided that the company's goals were
incompatible with acquiring EVERWAY, and chose to end negotiations.
"Happily, Rubicon stepped forward to take the reins," Tynes said. "We wish
them the best of luck, and look forward to seeing new EVERWAY products from
Rubicon in the future."

Of the transition, Jesse McGatha, president of Rubicon Games, Inc. said,
"Pagan Publishing has been extremely supportive throughout this process.
They are a solid company, and I applaud their dedication to their own
vision. I would be more than happy to work with them in the future."

EVERWAY is a trademark of Rubicon Games, Inc.

* Moderator: Coyt D. Watters watte...@osu.edu *
* Disclaimer: Postings are checked for relevance to the charter, *
* not for accuracy of information. *
* This posting probably contains references to one or more items *
* to which someone holds a Copyright/Trademark/Grudge. *