Charcoal Armor???

1 view

Someone

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
LAst nigth, I overheard a counselor and a player discussing Charcoal Armor?

"Darker than Dull Copper......"

I was wondering if anyone had any info on it? And can armor made from
charcoal really give any protection? If so, I might run to Wal-MArt and buy
me a bag or two of charcoal ;)

AloneWorld

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
In article <66Rm5.5$R8.1...@news.bayou.com>, "Someone"
<pbo...@bayou.com> wrote:

It might be shodow iron...
--
Aloneworld, Master Warrior on Chesapeake.
Atlante, Adept miner/ Apprentice blacksmith on Cheasapeake

"Tout vient a point a qui sait attendre"
La Fontaine

Tobias Flatin

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
AloneWorld skrev i meldingen ...

It's NOT shadow iron, if I remember correctly it's armor made from ingots
colored dark with coal (due to a glitch) a long time ago (when there were
only iron ingots). Very expensive... Very rare

gil

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00

And invariably duped. There wasn't that much of it back 2.5 years ago
when it was introduced, and for there to be so much of it today is
impossible without duping.

gil

RKJER

Aug 17, 2000, 10:13:33 PM8/17/00

> And invariably duped. There wasn't that much of it back 2.5 years ago
> when it was introduced, and for there to be so much of it today is
> impossible without duping.

Nah, not duped (usually). Npcs were selling a color VERY similar to the old
coal armor a couple months back. I know cause i got scammed :(

Robert
Catskills

gil

Aug 18, 2000, 2:17:15 AM8/18/00
NPC shopkeepers have been selling ~3 shades of "black" since day one,
IIRC there's 12-13 total non-"silver" available. Before the various
shades of ore were implemented, folks would travel to the various shops
to fill out sets of the colored armors (no shopkeeper had full sets,
just pieces, we had to search around to make whole sets). I haven't
checked for over a year, but I believe shopkeepers still sell them.

I'm not talking about the npc shopkeeper stuff, I was just referring to
the coal. When you subtract the shopkeeper false coal stuff, that
leaves a lot more of that "real" coal stuff around than there "should"
be. Duping easily produced large amounts, enough that folks are making
full plate sets, which wasn't done in these amounts even back when coal
was introduced.

gil