Ostard in Britain?!?

WesGill

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
I saw a guy on an Ostard standing at the Britain Bank last week. He said
he bought it off somone in Skara Brae. How is this possible? I thought you
could only get/ride/see Ostards in T2A???

Glen

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
You use to be able to bring them back by boat. It's a one way trip, so it's
very expensive to do. I'm pretty sure that they fixed this glitch.....then
again I could be wrong.

Glen

Queso

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

Anyone who does that should be banned.

--
-Queso, Master Pure Mage of Moonglow
"And no matter what we say our religion is, whether it's Islam,

Green17

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Glen <richa...@NoSPAMmsn.com> wrote in message

> You use to be able to bring them back by boat. It's a one way trip, so
it's
> very expensive to do. I'm pretty sure that they fixed this
glitch.....then
> again I could be wrong.

I don't know anything about bringing back ostards, but isn't there a way to
bring back boats?
*looks worried*

Is my boat stuck in T2A forever?

FroStFirE

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
The Serpent Pillars will transport boats back and forth, but they are
disabled right now... I hear that they will bring them back, but not go
there from UO - Figure this one out... :)

Until Next We Meet - Fare Thee Well

FroStFirE - the mage (LS)

John D. James

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
FroStFirE wrote:

> The Serpent Pillars will transport boats back and forth, but they are
> disabled right now... I hear that they will bring them back, but not go
> there from UO - Figure this one out... :)
>
> Until Next We Meet - Fare Thee Well
>
> FroStFirE - the mage (LS)
>
> Green17 wrote in message ...
> >Glen <richa...@NoSPAMmsn.com> wrote in message

> >> You use to be able to bring them back by boat. It's a one way trip, so
> >it's
> >> very expensive to do. I'm pretty sure that they fixed this
> >glitch.....then
> >> again I could be wrong.
> >
> >I don't know anything about bringing back ostards, but isn't there a way to
> >bring back boats?
> >*looks worried*
> >
> >Is my boat stuck in T2A forever?

Nope, the pillars are working both ways. I do it all the time.

--
The best things in life are free --
but they are more fun with money.

FroStFirE

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
They are? Cool... I gonna try that tomorrow.... And to think, I was getting
bored with fishing the same waters..... :)

Until Next We Meet - Fare Thee Well

FroStFirE - the mage (LS)

WesGill

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
>You use to be able to bring them back by boat. It's a one way trip, so it's
>very expensive to do. I'm pretty sure that they fixed this glitch.....then
>again I could be wrong.

This is why I asked...when I tamed my first llama I was was happy that
I had a mount, but when I tried to ride it it won't let you. I didn't know
why since the book says you can, so I paged a counseller and they
said that you can only ride llamas in T2A since the people who only
have UO without T2A don't have the graphics to show a person riding
a llama, they would only see a person floating in mid-air. Does that
mean that "I" saw a person riding an Ostard and those with only UO
saw a person floating in mid-air?

Shawn

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
WesGill <wes...@aol.com> wrote:
: Does that mean that "I" saw a person riding an Ostard and those

: with only UO saw a person floating in mid-air?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. I actually saw someone selling an
ostard by the bank in Magincia the other day,(guy was asking 5k, too.)
and he was like "how do I know that's an ostard?" "how do I ride
him", etc.

Actually, the guy riding the ostard refused to get off (he was asked
to by the buyer).. Now I'm wondering if that's because he wouldn't
have been able to get back ON. (Can't ride llama's in UO).

I still find it surprising that the prospective buyer didn't have
T2A. Are there really that large a numbe rof people that haven't
upgraded to T2A yet? And why not?

Shawn

--
Virginity is like a balloon; one prick and it's all gone.

J Maverik7

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
>Are there really that large a numbe rof people that haven't
>upgraded to T2A yet? And why not?

Some ppl may not be able to afford the extra 40-50 dollars, or they just might
not want to in the first place.

Queso

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

It's 6.95

WesGill

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
>Some ppl may not be able to afford the extra 40-50 dollars, or they just
>might
>not want to in the first place.

It's only $6.95.

WesGill

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
>Yes, that's exactly what it means. I actually saw someone selling an
>ostard by the bank in Magincia the other day,(guy was asking 5k, too.)
>and he was like "how do I know that's an ostard?" "how do I ride
>him", etc.
>
>Actually, the guy riding the ostard refused to get off (he was asked
>to by the buyer).. Now I'm wondering if that's because he wouldn't
>have been able to get back ON. (Can't ride llama's in UO).

Actually, the guy I saw actually did get off and *I think* feed it.
I think it is wierd that it is overlooked by the GMs. Something like
an Ostard in UO causes a lot of commotion. You would think the
GM would pop in and *poof*, bye-bye Ostard.

Twilight Eyes

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Glen wrote:

> You use to be able to bring them back by boat. It's a one way trip, so it's
> very expensive to do. I'm pretty sure that they fixed this glitch.....then
> again I could be wrong.

You can go both ways through the Serpent Pillars now.

I accidentally brought a tamed imp back with me - why can some creatures go
through and not others? I'm assuming because the art on the imp is the same as
the mongbat and it probably looks like a mongbat to people without T2A.

I remember people staring at me the first time I brought back a ridable llama
(while riding it). I figured they were starting at the llama - but they didn't
have T2A and so they thought I had an invisible horse. hee.

-T

Twilight Eyes

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, FroStFirE wrote:

> The Serpent Pillars will transport boats back and forth, but they are
> disabled right now... I hear that they will bring them back, but not go

Nope - they work. I go fishing in T2A (and mining) all the time and then bring
my load back to Trinsic.

:)

-T

Yannin

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
I'm pretty sure that Councilor lied to you. I'm almost positive (hey it was
a long time ago) that just after UO went gold (some would say the start of
the 2nd beta) back in Oct of 97, I saw people riding llamas. But I think
they broke it at one point and never fixed it.

Hey, has anyone playing with inside UO seen anything to confirm/deny?

--
MM

WesGill wrote in message <19990428102028...@ng-ch1.aol.com>...

>This is why I asked...when I tamed my first llama I was was happy that
>I had a mount, but when I tried to ride it it won't let you. I didn't know
>why since the book says you can, so I paged a counseller and they
>said that you can only ride llamas in T2A since the people who only
>have UO without T2A don't have the graphics to show a person riding

>a llama, they would only see a person floating in mid-air. Does that

JNTF

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
You can bring a rideable Lamma from the Lost Lands to the Old World. You
can ride it if you don't get off, or I presume log off. Once you dismount
you can not remount. Not sure what happens if you take it back to the Lost
lands.

Jerry of Woodcliff, Pacific

WesGill <wes...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19990428102028...@ng-ch1.aol.com>...

> >You use to be able to bring them back by boat. It's a one way trip, so
it's
> >very expensive to do. I'm pretty sure that they fixed this
glitch.....then
> >again I could be wrong.

mur

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:12:37 GMT, Shawn <sout...@netcom.com> wrote:

<snip>

>I still find it surprising that the prospective buyer didn't have

>T2A. Are there really that large a numbe rof people that haven't

>upgraded to T2A yet? And why not?
>

>Shawn

Well, one of my friends hasn't upgraded to T2A yet because he doesn't
have the hard drive space, and doesn't have enough cash to buy a new
hard drive.

mur

Twilight Eyes

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
On 28 Apr 1999, J Maverik7 wrote:

> Some ppl may not be able to afford the extra 40-50 dollars, or they just might
> not want to in the first place.

You can upgrade to T2A for $7 through Origin.

- T

Twilight Eyes

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Yannin wrote:

> > I accidentally brought a tamed imp back with me -
>
> Umm.. you accidentally said "a follow me", entered the boat, locked it and
> drove it halfway across the world?

Nope, I was going through one of the "entrances"/"exits" to T2A and I assumed
that my imp would stay inside T2A while I marked a rune on the other side (in
Britannia.)

- T

Yannin

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

I was just teasing with you. I hope you didn't take it too seriously. I
guess after my rants in some of the more off topic conversations it's really
hard to tell Im actually a light hearted type of person.

*shrugs and feels bad*

Yannin (GL)

Matt Frisch

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
On 28 Apr 1999 19:58:10 GMT, jmav...@aol.com (J Maverik7) scribed into
the ether:

>>Are there really that large a numbe rof people that haven't
>>upgraded to T2A yet? And why not?
>

>Some ppl may not be able to afford the extra 40-50 dollars, or they just might
>not want to in the first place.

Upgrading to T2A is...count 'em *7* dollars.

Twilight Eyes

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Yannin wrote:

> I was just teasing with you. I hope you didn't take it too seriously. I
> guess after my rants in some of the more off topic conversations it's really
> hard to tell Im actually a light hearted type of person.
>
> *shrugs and feels bad*

Sokay, so am I. No offense taken. :P

My imp died later when insisting on fighting all the undead at the ruins (in
T2A), as did my tamed llama. Darn creatures running off to protect me when I
don't tell them to!!

Ah, well.

- T