Jumbled provisioner items.

Dee

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Anybody know why the items in provisioner shops are sometimes mixed
up? Ex. sometimes it will show a leather tunic, and say it is magic
halberd next to it. Why does this happen sometimes? Thanks.

P.s. Anybody know if it is possible to ID magic items from npc shops
like you can for pc vendors? I want to buy some magic stuff but I
want to know what it is first. Thanks.

---
Don't bother replying via email, I won't get it.
---

Dave Schenet

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Dee (Mem...@here.com) wrote:
: Anybody know why the items in provisioner shops are sometimes mixed

: up? Ex. sometimes it will show a leather tunic, and say it is magic
: halberd next to it. Why does this happen sometimes? Thanks.

That's happened to me... Hmm, I think at that point you need to go
by the picture alone. The cost will also be printed wrong, like say
you have this:

(picture of kite shield)
Backpack 19G

If you buy that, you will actually get a kite shield, and be charged
the price of a kite shield (>60G?). The tricky bit is you have to know
how much something costs, since the list price is wrong.

However, I don't know how reliable that is; I bought a pickaxe using
this method, but I'm wary to try to buy (null) again; I'll go to
another shop, or make an item if I really need it.

: P.s. Anybody know if it is possible to ID magic items from npc shops

: like you can for pc vendors? I want to buy some magic stuff but I
: want to know what it is first. Thanks.

Not that I know of... There seems to be no way to peek into a NPC
vendor to see physical items.

: ---

: Don't bother replying via email, I won't get it.
: ---

--Dave
| My From address goes nowhere. Reply to the address in this .sig |

Lachney

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Err, its so simple, just item id and click on the picture, you don't get
a targetting cursor but it works.. Hasn't anyone else noticed that?

--Kip Thorin

M. Ashton Smith

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Dee wrote in message <69b5sv$gap$2...@newman.pcisys.net>...

>Anybody know why the items in provisioner shops are sometimes mixed
>up? Ex. sometimes it will show a leather tunic, and say it is magic
>halberd next to it. Why does this happen sometimes? Thanks.

Happens frequently... The provisioner in Trinisic (Sonoma) is perpetually
jinxed after the list of deeds. You can just go by the picture, although
this is risky in some cases... This is an action item on the next patch,
and will be corrected.

>P.s. Anybody know if it is possible to ID magic items from npc shops
>like you can for pc vendors? I want to buy some magic stuff but I
>want to know what it is first. Thanks.

Just use the item ID skill... The "crosshairs" will not appear when you move
them over the item, but it will work all the same...

>Don't bother replying via email, I won't get it.

I'll try to control myself.

Ash Smith
San Antonio, Texas

Dee

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

news...@shodan.erols.com (Dave Schenet) wrote:

>Dee (Mem...@here.com) wrote:

>That's happened to me... Hmm, I think at that point you need to go
>by the picture alone. The cost will also be printed wrong, like say
>you have this:

>(picture of kite shield)
> Backpack 19G

>If you buy that, you will actually get a kite shield, and be charged
>the price of a kite shield (>60G?). The tricky bit is you have to know
>how much something costs, since the list price is wrong.

I suppose that will work. Usually when I see that I just leave and go
elsewhere. :) Thanks. :)

Now, what does a magic weapon look like. :) :)

---