LET US TAKE OSTARDS INTO OLD LANDS

UOAddicted

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
WHY NOT IT IS TRULY A PAIN STABLING THEM IN NEW LANDS

Tasmanian Devil (Sonoma)
Check out my UO Addicted Page:
http://members.aol.com/UOAddicted/main.html
ICQ #: 21682632

Scott

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
On 21 Nov 1998 23:21:07 GMT, uoadd...@aol.com (UOAddicted) wrote:

>WHY NOT IT IS TRULY A PAIN STABLING THEM IN NEW LANDS

Turn off your capslock. I have seen them in the old land, so
there *is* a way to get them there. However the idea against having
them there is that not everyone has T2A and it's related art. To
those people kids riding ostards appear to be floating in the air.
And what's so hard about stabling them? Just go to a city and drop it
off, geez, some people are so lazy.

Scott
--
I'm not bitter. Really.
gothic.net/~raindog/process/

OAKtOWN510

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98

<WHY NOT IT IS TRULY A PAIN STABLING THEM IN NEW LANDS>

What about the people who dont have t2a? I mean I bought t2a and feel it wasnt
even worth it . . . I also know a lot of people without t2a, so there's no way
. . . unless . . . well . . .they gave people t2a . . . hmm . . .

TC

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
They did give it to everyone. It just cost $7 USD and that includes shipping
and a new strategy guide. Surely you don't object to paying for the cost of
packaging, shipping and handling do you? OSI has unfortunately created an
interesting problem in that you now have 2 types of subscribers. Those with
T2A and those without. What about the next "expansion"? Will we then have
all the permutations of having 3 separate areas? Somehow they need to get
everyone to go for T2A so they can eliminate issues like no Ostards in the
old lands.

I for one find the new lands to be a lot of fun. People are more
cooperative, there is massive spawn out in the open and the mosters are
challenging and rewarding.

--
Cheers
TC

Matt Richards

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98

> I have seen them in the old land, so
>there *is* a way to get them there. However the idea against having
>them there is that not everyone has T2A and it's related art. To
>those people kids riding ostards appear to be floating in the air.
>And what's so hard about stabling them? Just go to a city and drop it
>off, geez, some people are so lazy.
Duh, you are thinking of llamas. You can not take ostards to the old land
but you can ride llamas there.

Polychromic

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Well there must be some way because I have the upgrade and I've seen a
couple ostards in the old lands after GM hours. I've heard that GMs
will delete them if they see them.

On Atlantic, the stables in Papua and Delucia have been full for a
while now. I've traded my preferred horse with the ostards of other
characters who wanted to return to the old lands. Others seem to just
abandon their ostards or lose them at the entrance points. (Easiest
way to find one is to wait near the papua mage shop for one of them to
go wild and then tame it.)

--
The Polychromic Dragon (Michael Cecil) of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://www.ticnet.com/mcecil/ mce...@ticnet.com

Scott

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
On Sun, 22 Nov 1998 01:03:07 -0000, "Matt Richards"
<MattRi...@Btinternet.com> wrote:

>Duh, you are thinking of llamas. You can not take ostards to the old land
>but you can ride llamas there.

I saw four ostards in Britain just the other night.

Kyle Langston

Nov 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/22/98
Here's an idea, why not just log out at an inn while riding the
ostard. The ostard will log out with you.

On 21 Nov 1998 23:21:07 GMT, uoadd...@aol.com (UOAddicted) wrote:

>WHY NOT IT IS TRULY A PAIN STABLING THEM IN NEW LANDS
>

>Tasmanian Devil (Sonoma)
>Check out my UO Addicted Page:
>http://members.aol.com/UOAddicted/main.html
>ICQ #: 21682632

Kyle Langston
kllr...@bitstorm.net

J Maverik7

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
Try riding opn a boat through the portal back to britannia. I have seen many
ostards and llama riders in the old lands.

Matrim Cauthon

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
it's a shame you can't take a mama-ostard and and a papa-ostard into the old lands and guard them for a little while while they.. ..eat =)

--
Matrim Cauthon, Grandmaster Bard
http://www.tackman.finland.net

Radnor

Nov 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/23/98
On 23 Nov 1998 14:06:45 GMT, jmav...@aol.com wrote:
> Try riding opn a boat through the portal back to britannia. I have seen many
> ostards and llama riders in the old lands.

But people who don't have T2A installed will only see you floating
along, or riding on a jumbled mess of colors. It's best just to leave them
in their own lands.

--
(___| Kevin Lo |___UO: Radnor (Catskills)_______Callsign: KF4JXF___)