T2A Creatures in Old Lands

Queso

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Why are people who bring new world creatures into the old world not
banned for it?

--
-Queso, Master Pure Mage of Moonglow
"And no matter what we say our religion is, whether it's Islam,

John Wagner

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Queso (Lord...@aol.comNOSPAM) wrote:
: Why are people who bring new world creatures into the old world not
: banned for it?

You sound like you would like to be playing UO again ;)

It's too bad they have to ban people as the final
solution. As I posted about a year or so ago, a player run judicial
system would be far more effective, would educate people, and would allow
you to potentially keep playing UO.

John Wagner
Moonbat, ii, Catskills

:
:
: --

Queso

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

John Wagner wrote:

> Queso (Lord...@aol.comNOSPAM) wrote:
> : Why are people who bring new world creatures into the old world not
> : banned for it?
>
> You sound like you would like to be playing UO again ;)

Well, yeah...but seriously, why should a Non T2A person have to deal
with people riding nightmares? Not to mention that it is against the
rules to bring these creatures back.

> :
> :

Yannin

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

Queso <Lord...@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

> Why are people who bring new world creatures into the old world not
> banned for it?

Queso,

I can really understand you situation. It reminds me of when I had first
started UO. (story time coming here... anyway) Back then I played the
Maceman role. It was a very slow and clumsy weapon that did little damage,
but I thought it looked so cool. I digress.

At any rate, with a Str. of 100, I was considered the front line of my
guild. My duties entailed the following: If we are attacked by PK's I stand
and fight while everyone else recalls away. I didn't mind that at all. One
thing I did know though, was that if it did come to this, that I would be
dying. I never wore my good plate out of the guild house.

One night, before a last minute dungeon crawl, I shoved my good armor into
one of the armoires in the guildhouse and put on my old set. (see where this
is going?) After the customary PKing and dying I made my way back to the
guild house in a death robe. Being as pissed as ever about having my fun
ruined, I go into the guild house were everyone is waiting and go to get my
armor with the mindset that knowing it wasn't lost and I still retained some
dignity.

It was gone.

I blasted each and every member in the guild for all I was worth. (of course
it being a weekend, I did have more than a few drinks under my belt at this
point in time.) It wasn't a pretty sight. I resigned the guild, and promised
to hunt down and kill each and every one of them. Not real mature was it?

The next day I decide I'm going to post my story on this newsgroup, about
the mean and nasty guild that stole the most expensive item I owned at that
point in the game. That was when I notice a thread about disappearing
items. I looked into it, and sure enough armoires were eating things. (did
they ever fix this? I'm still afraid to use one to this day!)

The bottom line is this: I had a very emotional reaction to the game, and it
wasn't a pleasant one. In the end I had to admit that I was the one in the
wrong, and made a personal apology to each member of the guild. You of
course, have lost allot more than just a set of armor, but the basis is the
same.

Regardless of the reason you were taken to jail initially, your banning was
a result of an emotional outburst. I agree , as many others here do, that it
was perhaps unwarranted. You reacted out of emotion, and the GM in question
did as well.

This type of ranting for bannings isn't going to help you get your account
reinstated. I know that, and you know that. Your opinions have most always
been well received here, please don't tarnish the credibility you have in
the eyes of myself and others by doing this sort of thing.

I really do hope you get your account back.

Yannin (GL)

Paul V.

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
It isn't against the rules. I asked a counselor (sorry forgot his name) this
when I saw someone riding a nightmare in Britain. He told me that it was not
against the rules anymore.

Queso

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99

Then why don't they just let them come through the normal entrances
instead of having to use GA or a boat?

Twilight Eyes

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Queso wrote:

> Then why don't they just let them come through the normal entrances
> instead of having to use GA or a boat?

You can use the normal entrance. I do it on Soot (my nightmare) all the time.

<shrug>

- T