Placing a house question?????

1 view

WesGill

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
How long from brand new to dust would it take for a house to disappear?
What is the total amount of time you have before you HAVE to log in to
refresh your house?

Kevin M

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99

WesGill wrote in message
<19990428170419...@ng-fi1.aol.com>...

IIRC it is eleven real days (and +/- 16 or so hours). It could
have been shortened even more though.

Kev

WesGill

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
>IIRC it is eleven real days (and +/- 16 or so hours). It could
>have been shortened even more though.
>
>Kev

What about a boat? How long does it stay in the docks? How
about in teh harbor's "claim"?

Loke

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:07:07 GMT, "Kevin M" <kev...@flash.net> wrote:

>>What is the total amount of time you have before you HAVE to log
>in to
>>refresh your house?
>

>IIRC it is eleven real days (and +/- 16 or so hours). It could
>have been shortened even more though.

Does anyone know the status the house sign will display when? If a
house is "greatly worn", how long before it decays?

---
Loke

Queso

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99

Kevin M wrote:

> WesGill wrote in message
> <19990428170419...@ng-fi1.aol.com>...
> >How long from brand new to dust would it take for a house to
> disappear?

> >What is the total amount of time you have before you HAVE to log
> in to
> >refresh your house?
>
> IIRC it is eleven real days (and +/- 16 or so hours). It could
> have been shortened even more though.
>

> Kev

I don't wanna sound dumb, but I just started seeing the IIRC
abbreviation, whats it mean?

--
-Queso, Master Pure Mage of Moonglow
"And no matter what we say our religion is, whether it's Islam,

mur

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:47:15 -0700, Queso <Lord...@aol.comNOSPAM>
wrote:

>I don't wanna sound dumb, but I just started seeing the IIRC
>abbreviation, whats it mean?

If I recall correctly

mur

Kevin M

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99

WesGill wrote in message
<19990429161628...@ng-cg1.aol.com>...

>>IIRC it is eleven real days (and +/- 16 or so hours). It could
>>have been shortened even more though.
>>
>>Kev
>
>What about a boat? How long does it stay in the docks?

I think it's the same amount of time as houses.

>How about in teh harbor's "claim"?

I believe it will stay at the Harbormasters as long as you want
to leave it.

Kev

Shawn

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
Kevin M <kev...@flash.net> wrote:

: WesGill wrote in message
: >What about a boat? How long does it stay in the docks?

: I think it's the same amount of time as houses.

Boats decay at the same rate as houses, so you have about 11 days
before the boat will collapse from non-use. Also, to refresh a boat
you must BOARD the boat; you cannot just use the key on it to unlock
the plank and relock it.

: >How about in teh harbor's "claim"?

: I believe it will stay at the Harbormasters as long as you want
: to leave it.

When you "dock" a boat, you get a claim ticket. The claim ticket
acts as a "deed"; you can replace the boat (just about) anywhere IN
THAT CITY. I docked one at the Vesper Docks, and took the claim
ticket behind the bank and re-placed it. The claim ticket never
expires, AFAIK. I've had one for a couple of months that I just used
last weekend.

Shawn
--
Fer sell cheep: IBM spel chekker. Wurks grate.

Twilight Eyes

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Shawn wrote:

> Boats decay at the same rate as houses, so you have about 11 days
> before the boat will collapse from non-use. Also, to refresh a boat
> you must BOARD the boat; you cannot just use the key on it to unlock
> the plank and relock it.

Um, that's not true. I refresh my boat THROUGH my house wall by doubleclicking
the plank while holding the boat key.

- T

Shawn

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
Twilight Eyes <twil...@speakeasy.org> wrote:
: Um, that's not true. I refresh my boat THROUGH my house wall by

: doubleclicking the plank while holding the boat key.

Ok, I'll buy that. :) But if you were outside and did that, you
would board the boat. :)

It's a feature, not a bug. :-)

Shawn
--
Eye yam aye tru beeleever inn hour edukashun sistum.

Dundee

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:26:18 GMT, Shawn <sout...@netcom.com> wrote:

>Twilight Eyes <twil...@speakeasy.org> wrote:
>: Um, that's not true. I refresh my boat THROUGH my house wall by
>: doubleclicking the plank while holding the boat key.
>
>Ok, I'll buy that. :) But if you were outside and did that, you
>would board the boat. :)

Not if the plank is up. It'd just cause it to lower. And if the
plank is locked, it would just refresh the boat.

>It's a feature, not a bug. :-)

True, it allows you to refresh the boat without unlocking it.

-
Dundee - http://dundee.uong.com/

Twilight Eyes

Apr 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/30/99
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Shawn wrote:

> Twilight Eyes <twil...@speakeasy.org> wrote:
> : Um, that's not true. I refresh my boat THROUGH my house wall by
> : doubleclicking the plank while holding the boat key.
>
> Ok, I'll buy that. :) But if you were outside and did that, you
> would board the boat. :)

Obviously I'm not making myself clear. (multi-tasking is a bad thing for
concentration on writing in newsgroups.)

If you are holding your boat key and double click on the LOCKED gangplank, you
will get a message "this is locked" AND you will refresh your boat.

That better?

- T

mur

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
On Sat, 1 May 1999 14:45:04 +0200, "Niaca Lucinda" <ni...@club.tip.nl>
wrote:

>mur <mm...@home.com> wrote in message news:372a24d5.18759927@news...

>Recall to where, doesn't it say on your rune where you will recall to ;-)
>
>> mur

lol - yes I thought of that same thing when I saw my posted message
again :-)

mur

Twilight Eyes

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
On Sat, 1 May 1999, Shawn wrote:

> Twilight Eyes <twil...@speakeasy.org> wrote:
> : If you are holding your boat key and double click on the LOCKED

> : gangplank, you will get a message "this is locked" AND you will
> : refresh your boat.
>

> Hmm.. I've tried that on my boat before, and it didn't refresh; I'll
> try it again and make sure. :)

Make sure that the boat is not already refreshed (showing as anything other than
"new") and that you are holding the correct key. :)

- T

Shawn

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Twilight Eyes <twil...@speakeasy.org> wrote:

You're right, it worked. :) Thanks for the tip! :)

Shawn
--
Make both love and war; Get married.