INSTANT, UNINTERRUPTIBLE recall spell still possible

Greg

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

Den Dragon maintains the excellent Ultima Online Statistics Site
(http://uoss.stomped.com) where I found the following item:

<begin quote>
Just Dragon let me know of an interesting quirk (bug, I'm sure) with
the new method of spellcasting with delays. This is an excerpt from
his letter to me:

I made an interesting discovery last night. Effective after
the last patch, you can wield a weapon when casting targetable spells
as the code checks for weapons when clicking with the targeting
cursor, and not while casting. So, cast the spell while having your
paperdoll open, drag you weapon to your bag with the targeting cursor,
shoot the spell and put your weapon back.

Note that you can also leave the cursor in the targetting mode
and play for ages with it. It's good for tight situations such as
training with wisps where you can die in a second if you don't have
reactive armor on.

Hmmm, very interesting. :)
<end quote>

So, in the middle of a battle, cast recall, and when things get too
hot, de-equip and click on your recall rune. No delay, and no
interruption.

Greg
Gresh on Chesapeake, Catskills, and Test Server, based in Yew
Grish (the Ork mojokii) on Catskills

Jubilation Knoblock

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

I don't believe this is a bug, it's just the way the new delay works. I
discovered immediately that you could cast the spell, de-equip using the
targeting cursor itself then cast the spell. I think this is nice,
though I'm not really sure the change is more than illusory from the way
it used to be. It SEEMS better than before, but I'm not really sure
it's any different time wise in a battle than what you would do before.

The big question is what will happen when they implement the freeze when
a spell is cast; will you simply be frozen in place unable to move or
will your combat actions actually stop as well?

Lord Errandir

Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98

At least until the next patch...

You ARE BETTER off now than before. When you cast a spell like recall,
you had to wait for 1 lag cycle (tm) before the targetting cursor
showed. Now, you can recall in 1 packet instead of 2 in a tight
situtation.