Has anyone got a bounty??

Bunboy

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Exhausted from lawsuit posts I must ask? How much bounty hunting is
actually going on out there? On Sonoma it seems like the same people are
always on the board and never disappearing. I have had no luck when I find
one of them in rounding up people to help me go hunt them and collect the
bounty. (perhaps it is my lack of organizational skills?). Wish I was good
enough to kill them one on one but I am not, usually I can battle them for a
long time but not kill em. Looking for the Magnificent Seven on Sonoma to
do some serious bounty hunting? Maybe these guys are just that good?

--
Bunboy,
The people who can smile when things go wrong

Bill T

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

I noticed some of the bounties on Chesapeake are gone, collected I assume. I
was near Skara Brae hunting one day and saw a red name just off my screen. I
heard him kill a couple of people. Then he came after me with his heavy
xbow. I recalled, he hit me once for 26pts of damage and then started to
cast harm, but I was gone. I went to the board to see that he was on top of
the list. With a bow like that, he would be very tough to beat.

Chad A Sutton

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

I am working specifically to become a bounty hunter, and will probably start
a guild based on this goal. I really need to build my character up to a much
higher level, and get a lot more cash.

There are a lot of bounty hunting tactics I am working on as well. Most of
the bounties out there are very powerful, and are not to be taken lightly.
They need to be quick kills, because most will recall out of harms way very
quickly. There is also a lot of surveillance needed. Most of these murderers
have set routines that can be used against them, but these routines and
habits must be observed and documented first. None of this will be easy, but
the amount of gold available is staggering. One good night of bounty hunting
could net 50,000-100,000 gold for the group. That kind of gold will buy a
great guild tower and the right kind of tools to make even bigger bounties.

If you see me in game, I play a ranger named Chadarius. I can usually be
seen near Vesper or Covetous Dungeon. I am often selling archery equipment
outside the Vesper Bank.

Contact Info:
Email sutt...@interaccess.com
ICQ# 11340546
NetMeeting sutt...@interaccess.com on NetMeeting server
uls.interaccess.com

Later,
Chad

Undertaker of Atlantic

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

All of you can have a bow that's better than that. Get a Bowyer with a
skill of 80 or so to make you a non magical Heavy. I've done as much as
45 hps with one. My stats are 85/74/64 STR/DEX/INT on Undertaker. My
stamina is 80 as opposed to 74. This is the result of an early bug and
has never reset itself.. so on the right side it's 85/80/64. 80 being
the stamina. I've done more damage with a freshly made non magical bow
than I've done with a repaired bow of power. It isn't supposed to work
that way, but we are all familiar with OSI programming....*SIGHS*

Undertaker of Atlantic

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Bunboy wrote:

> Exhausted from lawsuit posts I must ask? How much bounty hunting is
> actually going on out there? On Sonoma it seems like the same people are
> always on the board and never disappearing. I have had no luck when I find
> one of them in rounding up people to help me go hunt them and collect the
> bounty. (perhaps it is my lack of organizational skills?). Wish I was good
> enough to kill them one on one but I am not, usually I can battle them for a
> long time but not kill em. Looking for the Magnificent Seven on Sonoma to
> do some serious bounty hunting? Maybe these guys are just that good?
>
> --
The reason that the names don't change much is because the board only
posts the 20 with the highest bounties. I would suggest you anti's out
there start a thread of "Pkers seen at following locations" and put the
time of day (GMT,EST,CST, etc.), Location in UO (start carrying
sextants, I usually do to mark a rune and a key with the location
instead of a meaningless name), Murderers name(s), Methhod of killing.
The most important asset you can have for killing other players is
patience and organization.

Undertaker of Atlantic

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Matt Allan Miller wrote:

> In article <gN2n1.129757$Kx3.27...@news.rdc1.sdca.home.com>,

> "Bunboy" <bun...@home.com> wrote:
>
> >Exhausted from lawsuit posts I must ask? How much bounty hunting is
> >actually going on out there? On Sonoma it seems like the same people are
> >always on the board and never disappearing. I have had no luck when I find
> >one of them in rounding up people to help me go hunt them and collect the
> >bounty. (perhaps it is my lack of organizational skills?). Wish I was good
> >enough to kill them one on one but I am not, usually I can battle them for a
> >long time but not kill em. Looking for the Magnificent Seven on Sonoma to
> >do some serious bounty hunting? Maybe these guys are just that good?
>
> I checked yesterday and there seemed to be a lot of change. Darkest Lord is still at the top but his bounty hasn't
> changed. Maybe he hasn't even been online.

It will only change if people add to it. If he's killed alot of people
and alot of people have seen the board by now, no sense adding more to
the bounty. Some players have created their own bounty and in fact are
not out murdering.

Matt Allan Miller

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

"Bunboy" <bun...@home.com> wrote:

>Exhausted from lawsuit posts I must ask? How much bounty hunting is
>actually going on out there? On Sonoma it seems like the same people are
>always on the board and never disappearing. I have had no luck when I find
>one of them in rounding up people to help me go hunt them and collect the
>bounty. (perhaps it is my lack of organizational skills?). Wish I was good
>enough to kill them one on one but I am not, usually I can battle them for a
>long time but not kill em. Looking for the Magnificent Seven on Sonoma to
>do some serious bounty hunting? Maybe these guys are just that good?

I checked yesterday and there seemed to be a lot of change. Darkest Lord is still at the top but his bounty hasn't
changed. Maybe he hasn't even been online.

-Matt Miller

>--
>Bunboy,
> The people who can smile when things go wrong
> have found someone else to blame.

Matt Miller | http://pw2.netcom.com/~matmillr | a.a#357
Admirable Vanir of Sonoma on UO
"He was like a golden seal, he fucking shimmered"
-Might magazine on the "death" of Adam Rich

Lord Queso

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

i have not seen any bounty hunters doing that much, my friend on catskills
managed to nab a murderer though and got a 17k bounty, thats goooooooddddd
stuff.

The Vile Queso, Expert Rogue (Moonglow,Atlantic)

Undertaker

Jul 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/4/98

Lord Queso wrote:

> i have not seen any bounty hunters doing that much, my friend on catskills
> managed to nab a murderer though and got a 17k bounty, thats goooooooddddd
> stuff.

And the crowd should applaud him. It's not an easy thing to do.