A couple of suggestions -- Someone please respond with dev board address so I can send this there.

Confidential

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
Two quick things that I think can be very simply done from programming
perspective that would make a few things work smoother.

1. Dragging objects -- EVERY TIME you drag more than one object you have to
start the drag, then either go to keyboard and hit enter or move the mouse
over and hit the 'okay' button. Why not simply have the mouse center on
okay button when the 'how many' dialog pops up -- wallah -- all I have to do
is start a drag, immediately click and keep going -- much smoother and over
the course of months of play likely to save wasted hours and carpal tunnel
symptoms...

2. Escorting -- This is one of the MOST irritating things in the game... You
spend a LONG time finding a few people to escort -- sometimes a long time
even finding ONE... Then you make a moongate to go to where you want.. You
step through -- of course all the npc escortees jump in with you -- about
1/4th of the time... They get there before you -- block you and you end up
back where you started without them. Then they sit there blocking that
point so you can't recall there -- and even if you have a nearby recall and
get there in 15 seconds -- since you were apart for that brief time -- they
don't let you escort them anymore and eventually disappear.... Also --
sometimes you get them to the destination and they don't pay (what's up with
that!) Most important part is this -- if you go through a moongate and
npc's autowarp WITH you -- as part of the code that causes autowarp -- make
SURE they don't get there first and block you -- and if you don't end up
through gate -- simply add small piece of code to FORCE them to be where you
are after using gate -- so if you end up at start again -- so do they so you
can try again. Better of course that you arrive and then they do
afterwards -- but at least that would eliminate the wasted hours finding
escortees for nothing. One more thing -- add a piece of code to escortees
that after they go through a gate they ALWAYS move a few squares away -- so
they don't block the recall -- and let them still be escorted if you arrive
there within a minute or so.

Thanks -- as I said in subject if someone will give me the dev board
addresses I'd appreciate it.

Valiant. GL

Mother Confessor [Great Lakes]

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98
just a note on gating NPC's:

>step through -- of course all the npc escortees jump in with you -- about
>1/4th of the time... They get there before you -- block you and you end up

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

I have experienced this same thing. It happens if your gate ends on a
roof. So mark your runes on the ground, and outside of buildings.
That should take care of that problem.

>Thanks -- as I said in subject if someone will give me the dev board
>addresses I'd appreciate it.

Don't know about this, thought.

Nicholas Knight

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98
Confidential wrote in message <#P2Z8QxG#GA.154@upnetnews03>...

>Two quick things that I think can be very simply done from programming
>perspective that would make a few things work smoother.
>
>1. Dragging objects -- EVERY TIME you drag more than one object you have to
>start the drag, then either go to keyboard and hit enter or move the mouse
>over and hit the 'okay' button. Why not simply have the mouse center on
>okay button when the 'how many' dialog pops up -- wallah -- all I have to
do
>is start a drag, immediately click and keep going -- much smoother and over
>the course of months of play likely to save wasted hours and carpal tunnel
>symptoms...

that would be nice

>2. Escorting -- This is one of the MOST irritating things in the game...
You
>spend a LONG time finding a few people to escort -- sometimes a long time
>even finding ONE... Then you make a moongate to go to where you want..
You

>step through -- of course all the npc escortees jump in with you -- about
>1/4th of the time... They get there before you -- block you and you end up

>back where you started without them. Then they sit there blocking that
>point so you can't recall there -- and even if you have a nearby recall and
>get there in 15 seconds -- since you were apart for that brief time -- they
>don't let you escort them anymore and eventually disappear.... Also --
>sometimes you get them to the destination and they don't pay (what's up
with
>that!) Most important part is this -- if you go through a moongate and
>npc's autowarp WITH you -- as part of the code that causes autowarp -- make
>SURE they don't get there first and block you -- and if you don't end up
>through gate -- simply add small piece of code to FORCE them to be where
you
>are after using gate -- so if you end up at start again -- so do they so
you
>can try again. Better of course that you arrive and then they do
>afterwards -- but at least that would eliminate the wasted hours finding
>escortees for nothing. One more thing -- add a piece of code to escortees
>that after they go through a gate they ALWAYS move a few squares away -- so
>they don't block the recall -- and let them still be escorted if you arrive
>there within a minute or so.

GRRR I HATE WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS
it simply shows how stupid people are! cast the gate, double click on the
gate... wait for the NPC to give you the cash, then double click the gate
again to go back

>Thanks -- as I said in subject if someone will give me the dev board
>addresses I'd appreciate it.
>

>Valiant. GL

Confidential

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98
>>can try again. Better of course that you arrive and then they do
>>afterwards -- but at least that would eliminate the wasted hours finding
>>escortees for nothing. One more thing -- add a piece of code to escortees
>>that after they go through a gate they ALWAYS move a few squares away --
so
>>they don't block the recall -- and let them still be escorted if you
arrive
>>there within a minute or so.
>
>GRRR I HATE WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS
>it simply shows how stupid people are! cast the gate, double click on the
>gate... wait for the NPC to give you the cash, then double click the gate
>again to go back

Actually has nothing to do with getting through the gate -- I never said I
go through and come back -- I simply go through. But with many NPC's you
often get kicked back. I've been gating for a long time. You comment on
people was quite ironic actually.

The other more intelligent reply may actually have shed some insight with
rooftops being the problem.

Asa-Loki

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98

>2. Escorting -- This is one of the MOST irritating things in the game...

I think they should make escortees ridable; you climb on there backs and
jump through the gate!

YIIIIHAAA!!!

Nicholas Knight

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98

Confidential wrote in message ...

you wont get kicked back if you go through first... which, is completely
possible of you double click the gate to go through ahead of all the other
NPCs... besides, I hate people like you that run around and round up dozens
of NPCs, thereby taking away the business from other people, there should be
an escort limit of 2

Confidential

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98
Feel free to hate the people loading up on escortees... But.. SIGH (loudly)
I AM going through the gate first -- how the hell else would I get in..

and sigh... I DO get kicked back -- though the roof thing is likely the
cause.

Confidential

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
you wont get kicked back if you go through first... which, is completely
>possible of you double click the gate to go through ahead of all the other
>NPCs... besides, I hate people like you that run around and round up dozens
>of NPCs, thereby taking away the business from other people, there should
be
>an escort limit of 2

Outside of the personal attack part which needlessly blurs your point -- the
escort limit of 2 at a time sounds like a good idea to me. But I don't
think that's the whole problem. The spawns seem to be in bunches. I sat at
cove the other night for near an hour -- once a name showed up on the
bulletin board -- I went in only to find someone had just warped in and been
lucky enough to stumble on the right person where as I'd found their name
before looking.

I am usually lucky to get 1 and 2 is a special blessing. 3 or 4 are a once
in a week type of event -- unless playing at 4:00 am. But I wouldn't mind
giving up that 3 or 4 and making it 1 or 2. The npc's could refuse to join
your very crowded party or some such comment. Of course this will only help
very actively searching escorters as you can gate npcs and then come back
for another group pretty quickly.

I'd like to see actually more people wanting escort -- and to more diverse
locations. If they add the limit on number of escorters and then require
you to take them to a certain shop or whatever in a city -- makes escorting
into actually a bit of work. I might be shooting myself in the foot a bit
there -- but I'd rather there be more work on the escort duty and much less
time hunting around for the person to escort.

Valiant. GL

Peace and Happiness

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
You are dealing with Mintal idgets just read the mail i sent you on this and
use it. tell nobody iot's the shit that works.

Peace and Happiness

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
me too Snort snort

warnhack

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Hey Peace,

Send me the information also. As I am about to get into that line of work as
well.

Peace and Happiness <ton...@mysolution.com> wrote in message

Genie

Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
> GRRR I HATE WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS
> it simply shows how stupid people are! cast the gate, double click on the
> gate... wait for the NPC to give you the cash, then double click the gate
> again to go back

GRR I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ASSUME THAT EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THESE
LITTLE TRICKS LIKE THIS
Cause we don't all know EVERY single little in and out of UO. I can't
gate, and thus don't spend a lot of time escorting. However, if someday
in the furture I possess the capability to cast this spell, now thanks
to your smartass answer, I will no the right way to do it.

ArchAngel

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
Hey Genie, give yourself a break.. You do not have to be an ashhole every
day of your life. Try being a dick once in a while.
Jees

Frank Williamson

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
> GRRR I HATE WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS
> it simply shows how stupid people are!

<one players 'right' way to do something snipped>

Ignorant is not knowing how to do something.

Stupid is a whole nuther world.
Like ranting about those who don't know how to do something, f'rinstance.

-Gray Eagle

Dante

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
Amen

Daylieen

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
Dante <moor...@indy.net> wrote in article
<0Yqk2.467$hx.97...@news.netdirect.net>...

Didn't Frank Then go onto say something along the lines of (in the same
post) now I will know how to do this thanks to this post. Which makes the
entire GRR comment quite ironic(~humerous)