You might find this amusing.

1 view

Quaestor

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99

Brian

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Good god, can you imagine the ALL KILL *click* and seeing all them come
after you?

Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae> wrote in message

Mat

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
> Now just Where did I park?
> http://www.users.uswest.net/~masters/wheredid.jpg

Umm.. just what do you think you're doing Q ? =)

--
Mat

Brandy

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Adding lag and blocking off the road, it appears.

Brandy (WE, LS)

Mat <m...@tackman.net> wrote in message

Beneviste

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Parking meters? ... that implies a whole new UO profession ... traffic
wardens

Beneviste

"IceLady" <Ice...@BellSouth.net> wrote in message

> On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:09:08 -0800, Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae>
> wrote:
>
> >Now just Where did I park?
> >
> >http://www.users.uswest.net/~masters/wheredid.jpg
> >

> That's a good one. :P How about parking meters?
> Hmmmm, now there is an answer to the stabling problem.
> Parking meters......:P
>
> --
> IceLady
>
> Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people
> appear bright until you hear them speak?

Quaestor

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
IceLady wrote:

> That's a good one. :P How about parking meters?
> Hmmmm, now there is an answer to the stabling problem.
> Parking meters......:P

Firedog (don't ask where the fire comes out) is starting to mumble about
changes in stabling, like raising the prices for dragons. WTF, if it goes
to 1000 a week we will just have to kill more. That's no solution.

The one I do like is hitching post addons for houses. Keep dragon at home
where it can keep the homefires burning. But this has problems too.

Quaestor

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Otara wrote:

> A clearer sign of taming having a few problems I cannot think of.

OH OH! Someone having fun and it's not you! DANGER! DANGER, WILL
ROBINSON!

Quaestor

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
Mat wrote:

> "Quaestor" <Range...@Skara.Brae> wrote in message

> > Now just Where did I park?
> > http://www.users.uswest.net/~masters/wheredid.jpg
>

> Umm.. just what do you think you're doing Q ? =)

Hey, they're not all mine! (Geez, a black lady with a white wyrm? What
would the neighbors think?)

<NUDGE>

Otara

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:52:28 -0500, "Brian" <uone...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Good god, can you imagine the ALL KILL *click* and seeing all them come
>after you?

Otara

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
Can you imagine what their life expectancy would be? :)

Otara

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:09:01 -0000, "Beneviste"
<chil...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Parking meters? ... that implies a whole new UO profession ... traffic
>wardens
>
>Beneviste
>
>"IceLady" <Ice...@BellSouth.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:09:08 -0800, Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Now just Where did I park?
>> >
>> >http://www.users.uswest.net/~masters/wheredid.jpg
>> >

>> That's a good one. :P How about parking meters?
>> Hmmmm, now there is an answer to the stabling problem.
>> Parking meters......:P

Otara

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
It looks cute as a picture Q and I'm sorry I didnt acknowledge that,
but its pretty obvious that its a problem as well.

Otara

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:36:09 -0800, Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae>
wrote:

>Otara wrote:
>
>> A clearer sign of taming having a few problems I cannot think of.

Geoffrey Hyde

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
1000 a week? Come on, that's small change for someone who tailors, or chops
wood and carpenters, or mines and smiths on a regular basis. Most make far
more than that per hour in UO, so could easily afford it.

And some poeple actually *want* OSI to put in more money-sinks. :-)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

> IceLady wrote:
>
> > That's a good one. :P How about parking meters?
> > Hmmmm, now there is an answer to the stabling problem.
> > Parking meters......:P

Richard Cortese

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99

Geoffrey Hyde <gh...@fastinternet.net.au> wrote in message

> 1000 a week? Come on, that's small change for someone who tailors, or
chops
> wood and carpenters, or mines and smiths on a regular basis. Most make
far
> more than that per hour in UO, so could easily afford it.
Actually 1000 is small change for someone who has a dragon and actually uses
it. They crush a lich in about 3-6 seconds and can just about clean out an
Orc spawn in 15.

Strumm

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
>> The one I do like is hitching post addons for houses. Keep dragon at
home where it can keep the homefires burning. But this has problems too.<<

Couldn't we just have an add-on based on the 'containment unit' from
Ghostbusters... pop your tamed beasties in there, and just yank the handle
to release !! ;-))

Strumm

Yuri Gorlinski

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
rico...@netmagic.net says...

>Actually 1000 is small change for someone who has a dragon and actually uses
>it. They crush a lich in about 3-6 seconds and can just about clean out an
>Orc spawn in 15.

No shit, tamed dragons = free gold. I don't see this aspect of it
being a huge problem on the normal shards, where gold is easy to come
by, but on SP it's caused something of a fundamental imbalance in the
economy. Most players need to burn stuff like reagants or bandages
or whatever in order to clean out a monster spawn, but a tamer with a
dragon or two can do it without any comparable risk or investment of
resources.

Shih-ka'i, OGD

Geoffrey Hyde

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
I think the real reason OSI is reluctant to allow stabling of pets in houses
is that it would add something to your item count. As it is, stablehands
are capable of holding anywhere from 30-40 pets at any given time.

Also, stabling a packhorse or pack llama currently allows you to store
whatever is in the animal, and retrieve it safely at a later date. This
would mean more item count additions to the houses, and free storage of
stuff up to the limit of the pack times the amount of animals you would be
able to stable in your house.

I'm not sure if this also holds true for dragons carrying loot, although I
believe you can get them to 'drop' their loot, and they can even collect it
off of corpses for you too.

Stabling definitely would need to be reworked in regards to creatures with
carrying capacity of any kind, and a lot of people would probably not like
what they'd change, therefore OSI aren't going to visit it anytime soon, at
least IMHO.

Oh, and check out my first (probably rather bad) attempt at a homepage. :-)

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

www.fastinternet.net.au/~ghyde

> On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:39:51 -0800, Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae>
> wrote:
>

> >The one I do like is hitching post addons for houses. Keep dragon at
home
> >where it can keep the homefires burning. But this has problems too.
> >

> How about a one time charge, (make it big) for in-home stabling.
> You walk in your house and say "stable" the way you do at the
> NPC stables. Claim it the same way you do at the NPC stables.
> Charge the same daily rate as the NPC stables. The big up-front
> charge is for the "in-home" service.
>
> Just a thought. :P

Richard Cortese

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
Yuri Gorlinski <yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote in message
Novel concept. Dragons that get old and wear out like shovels.

Richard Cortese

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99

> I'm not sure if this also holds true for dragons carrying loot, although I
> believe you can get them to 'drop' their loot, and they can even collect
it
> off of corpses for you too.
It is my impression that this feature has been broken for months, maybe for
close to a year.

IIRC, problem was some people were using summoned daemons to 'fetch' things
inside of locked houses and break in. OSI disabled the feature. Funny thing
is I just don't understand why they disabled the drop command vs the get.
Makes absolutely no sense to me since it was everything *BUT* the drop
command that let them break in. The drop only works for tamable monsters
like drakes that carry loot, but the get command has an auto drop associated
with it as soon as the pet reaches you.

> Stabling definitely would need to be reworked in regards to creatures with
> carrying capacity of any kind, and a lot of people would probably not like
> what they'd change, therefore OSI aren't going to visit it anytime soon,
at
> least IMHO.

Stabling has always allowed for extra semi secure storage. Buy a pack horse
for ~700 gold, load them up with 400 stones worth of loot and stable them.
Of course you would lose this if someone killed the stable master or left
the pack horse there for a week. As far as I know, they still haven't
changed this, but I have to double check.

Eric A. Hall

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99

> Novel concept. Dragons that get old and wear out like shovels.

ugh, then we'll need "a dragon [exceptional]"

Quaestor

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
"Eric A. Hall" wrote:

> > Novel concept. Dragons that get old and wear out like shovels.
>
> ugh, then we'll need "a dragon [exceptional]"

and with high enough skills, dragons of different colors.

And nightmares in colors, too. How about one that's pink and purple
stripes? That's a horse of another color.

jlbarnes

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99

Strumm wrote:

> >> The one I do like is hitching post addons for houses. Keep dragon at
> home where it can keep the homefires burning. But this has problems too.<<
>

> Couldn't we just have an add-on based on the 'containment unit' from
> Ghostbusters... pop your tamed beasties in there, and just yank the handle
> to release !! ;-))
>
> Strumm

Better yet! Pokeballs! White Wyrm I choose you!

TymOgee

Nov 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/28/99
>Parking meters? ... that implies a whole new UO profession ... traffic
>wardens

With clamps