detecting perma-grey

chill

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
Does any one know how to detect perma grey.

I've heard of the the way where you snoop and try to steal(not in the
thieves guild) and you get one of 2 messages
"you are not a member of the thieves guild" They are not perma grey
"you fail to steal the item" They are perma greay and can be attacked.

I haven't gotten the fail message in a long time!!!! My detective, is he
worthless?

Geoffrey Hyde

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
OSI fixed things so that the method you described no longer works. You are
unable to steal from other players, period, if you are not in the thieves
guild. About the only thing worthwhile developing if you are after thieves
are the detective skills, which are Forensics, and Detecting Hidden, I
think - don't remember which, but I'm sure http://uo.stratics.com has the
answers you'll need.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

chill <seamus...@go.com> wrote in message

Gavin

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:44:39 GMT, "chill" <seamus...@go.com> wrote:

>Does any one know how to detect perma grey.

There is apparently a bug which does. But sorry, I'm not into
promoting bugs.

Rick Cortese

Jul 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/25/00
"chill" <seamus...@go.com> wrote in message
> Does any one know how to detect perma grey.

Yes, works better with UOA dress/arm macro. Put all your stuff into a single
bag, put the bag in your bank box, attack the suspect at the bank.

If you hear "Thou will regret thy action swine!" the person was not perma
gray. If you don't hear it, snatch your bag out of your bank box and use UOA
arm/equip macro.

> I've heard of the the way where you snoop and try to steal(not in the
> thieves guild) and you get one of 2 messages
> "you are not a member of the thieves guild" They are not perma grey
> "you fail to steal the item" They are perma greay and can be attacked.
>
> I haven't gotten the fail message in a long time!!!! My detective, is he
> worthless?

Yes, forensics does not tell you if thieves are attackable in town, only
that they are in the thieves guild and can't give out murder counts outside
of town. Thieves no longer go gray to people they steal from if they aren't
detected too. Keep your status screen open and watch for a weight change as
they snag 400-500 gold in a single steal attempt.

OSI making their world safe for assholes.