Question about Nightmares

Shadow----

Aug 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/18/99
I have 2 questions about nightmares...
1) my main char its a mage, so he has cero taming and cero animal lore,
can he ride the horse? or its gonna go wild in a second, like dragons and
drake? and try to kill me, and also get me guard killed? ;)
2) umm a fella is trying to sell it to me by 40k... its a good price?
Thanks

seymo

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
Yes, you can ride it. You probably want to keep it well fed though (it eats
raw meat). Whether or not 40k is a decent price probably depends on what
shard you play on. I play on Europa and I bought one for 12k from a friend
(but i found it for him). The usual price on Europa is probably in the
15k-20k range. I would definitely try to get him to lower the price at
least to the 30k mark before I would even begin to think about buying one.
One last thing, I was disappointed after i bought mine. It seems like a
really cool idea, but after you ride around on it a bit, feeding it every
other minute for fear of it going wild, it becomes a lot less cool.

~Mazrim Taim of Europa

Quaestor

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
Shadow---- wrote:

> I have 2 questions about nightmares...
> 1) my main char its a mage, so he has cero taming and cero animal lore,
> can he ride the horse? or its gonna go wild in a second, like dragons and
> drake? and try to kill me, and also get me guard killed? ;)

If he tries to transfer it to you it will not work. It may attack. If it
does, you are toast. If in town, you, it, and He are toast. You have no way
to control this creature with no taming or AL. Nightmares are some of the
toughest. My tamer Kai Du, with Taming in the 70's and 100 Animal Lore, had
fair control of her dragon. I'm concerned as to whether she will be able to
control a Nightmare, which she is considering buying.

> 2) umm a fella is trying to sell it to me by 40k... its a good price?

If you could control it, yes. But you can't. And Taming is one of the really
hard skills to raise, requiring an enormous number of hours spent doing
something you cannot macro, which requires a lot of attention and much
frstrating failure, plus getting your ass kicked by everything that comes
along with a notion to kick it. We're talking a MAJOR Boredom thing, here.
Mining, tailoring, and hand-stitching a large tent are less boring.

Corwin of Amber (SBR/LS, WE/ATL)

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:16:35 -0300, "Shadow----"
<horas...@geocities.com> wrote:

>I have 2 questions about nightmares...
>1) my main char its a mage, so he has cero taming and cero animal lore,
>can he ride the horse? or its gonna go wild in a second, like dragons and
>drake? and try to kill me, and also get me guard killed? ;)

>2) umm a fella is trying to sell it to me by 40k... its a good price?

>Thanks

There's some talk of a way to temporarily dupe a Nightmare, sell it,
and keep the original. Be very carefull who you buy one from.

Corwin