New crafting stuff on TC6

1 view

Jared of Europa

Sep 26, 2001, 11:35:45 PM9/26/01
I spent some time on test centre 6 to try out some of the crafting
features in testing.

I started by making a few chainmail coifs and selling them to an NPC.
After selling 10 or so of these, I received a blue-grey bulk order
deed for 20 exceptional copper metal shields.

After busting my behind to obtain the required copper ingots, I
fulfilled the deed and returned it to the shopkeeper. In exchange I
received 850 gold (cheapskates!), a "sturdy shovel" which seems to
last forever when mining, and my fame jumped to "notable". Not a bad
reward I suppose!

Then I spent some time tinkering various colored trinkets. Some of it
looks good, like items crafted with shadow ingots (tr00 blak, w00t!),
or bronze cutlery and plates, or valorite mugs and goblets. Other
good stuff includes some of the colored jewerly. I can't reconnect to
TC right now to make a screenshot, but if you manage to get on, walk
to the mountain pass west of Brit, follow the mountain on the city
side to the south until you see the first houses. I have a small
marble shop with some things locked down there.

Other observations: I saw some tools like a skillet (frying pan), and
bowyers tools, but I didn't use them. The new crafting menus are
nice; they are see-through and the "last 10" list is very useful. On
the other hand, they take about 5 seconds to appear or refresh, and
during those 5 seconds the client completely freezes. Also, the
carpenter tool didn't recognise logs, but it did like the boards I
bought from the tinker. So it seems there are some bugs to be ironed
out.

Well, that was a night well spent, even though I should've spent it on
sleep. Nighty night all!

Jared of Europa
-*-
We are not made, for Labour and Trade
that Fools on each other impose

Eric A. Hall

Sep 27, 2001, 2:38:17 AM9/27/01

> I spent some time on test centre 6 to try out some of the crafting
> features in testing.

Thanks for the report. My crafter will be very pleased.

Myrex

Sep 27, 2001, 4:19:50 AM9/27/01
Jared of Europa woke up on Thu, 27 Sep 2001 03:35:45 GMT and sat in
rec.games.computer.ultima.online writing in message

> I spent some time on test centre 6 to try out some of the crafting
> features in testing.

It sounds very interesting. I'll have to check it out soon. I wonder
though, if adding the tools for cooking will make it slower, as you didn't
even have to click a tool last time - it was just a case of using one thing
on another thing. Oh well.

--
Adopting a .sig!

www.myrex.co.uk - www.deane-saunders.co.uk
R.G.C.U.O irc - irc.stratics.com port 6667 #rgcuo

Diaphanous Daydream

Sep 27, 2001, 9:19:58 AM9/27/01
ja...@intnospamvelt.com (Jared of Europa) wrote:

>I spent some time on test centre 6 to try out some of the crafting
>features in testing.

<clip>

>Then I spent some time tinkering various colored trinkets. Some of it
>looks good, like items crafted with shadow ingots (tr00 blak, w00t!),
>or bronze cutlery and plates, or valorite mugs and goblets. Other
>good stuff includes some of the colored jewerly.

<clip>

I didn't think of this, the jewelry. I'm sure I'll enjoy that aspect.

A friend and I were discussing the bulk order thing this morning. He
said he didn't think tinkers would receive orders!!!! The point of his
argument was the fact that ultra high skill isn't really required for
most Tinkering items, except for traps.

The addition of other metals used in Tinkering might change this fact.
Do you need higher skill to create a valorite globe, as opposed to an
iron one?

>Other observations: I saw some tools like a skillet (frying pan), and
>bowyers tools, but I didn't use them. The new crafting menus are
>nice; they are see-through and the "last 10" list is very useful. On
>the other hand, they take about 5 seconds to appear or refresh, and
>during those 5 seconds the client completely freezes.

*begins to weep pitifully*

>Also, the
>carpenter tool didn't recognise logs, but it did like the boards I
>bought from the tinker. So it seems there are some bugs to be ironed
>out.

They damned well better iron them out, mainly that menu refresh time.
I'm not pleased at all to hear about that.

>Well, that was a night well spent, even though I should've spent it on
>sleep. Nighty night all!

:-) 'Night.

---
Diaphanou...@yahoo.com

Baja | Napa Valley.

Jared of Europa

Sep 27, 2001, 6:01:53 PM9/27/01
In this foul year of our lord Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:19:58 GMT,
Diaphanous Daydream <Diaphanous_Daydream@*.*> proclaimed:

>A friend and I were discussing the bulk order thing this morning. He
>said he didn't think tinkers would receive orders!!!! The point of his
>argument was the fact that ultra high skill isn't really required for
>most Tinkering items, except for traps.

Why wouldn't they receive orders? I thought bulk orders would be
offered to craftsmen at lower skill levels as well. At this time it's
only blacksmiths though.

>The addition of other metals used in Tinkering might change this fact.
>Do you need higher skill to create a valorite globe, as opposed to an
>iron one?

Yes. I tried tinkering some verite at 80 skill, and got the message
"you have no idea how to work this metal". Finally a reason to GM
tinkering, since some of the valorite items look nice :)