"I'm sorry, my stables are full..."

1 view

Barry Smith

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
Hello all.

I was wondering why this function needs to be in UO? You buy a horse or
llama to help with your manual labors only to be told that there's no
place to shack the pet-friend. Anyone got any other ideas for keeping
pets safe and wander-free? Thanks.

BTW, wouldn't the removal of said restriction BOOST the game economy by
having more people stable their faithful steeds and thus pay more into
the economy? Just a thought....Later.

Mike Andersen

Oct 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/28/98
There used to be no limit and people crammed about a zillion animals into
the stables and left them there. This dragged the servers into the ground,
thus the restrictions.

Scott wrote in message <3637c0f3...@news.minn.net>...
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:53:13 -0800, Barry Smith <bsm...@premier1.net>
wrote:

>BTW, wouldn't the removal of said restriction BOOST the game economy by
>having more people stable their faithful steeds and thus pay more into
>the economy? Just a thought....Later.

It would if the game economy was actually player driven. However
because the current world depends on resource respawns it really can't
work that way.

Scott
--
I'm not bitter. Really.
gothic.net/~raindog/process/

Scott

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98

Dundee

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
wrote:

>Hello all.

>I was wondering why this function needs to be in UO? You buy a horse or
>llama to help with your manual labors only to be told that there's no
>place to shack the pet-friend. Anyone got any other ideas for keeping
>pets safe and wander-free? Thanks.

Get a dagger with deadly poison on it and kill the stablemaster. A
new one will respawn in a few minutes and he'll have PLENTY of room at
the ol' inn.

Jared Syn

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
A few months ago there was no restriction, but the massive amount of stabled
animals caused unbearable lag. It's better this way.

Barry Smith wrote in message <3637BC79...@premier1.net>...

>Hello all.
>
>I was wondering why this function needs to be in UO? You buy a horse or
>llama to help with your manual labors only to be told that there's no
>place to shack the pet-friend. Anyone got any other ideas for keeping
>pets safe and wander-free? Thanks.

Linflas

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98

Arrgghh! Awfully cavalier with my stabled pets Dundee!

don
(Linflas & Syra LS shard)

--
"God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of carressing the tiger"
Theophile Gautier

Damocles

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 02:03:18 -0500, "Jared Syn" <@> wrote:

>A few months ago there was no restriction, but the massive amount of stabled
>animals caused unbearable lag. It's better this way.

I think they should change it so you can only stable mountable pets
and pack animals. The rest should have to stay outside.

Dundee

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:00:16 GMT, phae...@yahoo.com (Damocles)
wrote:

>I think they should change it so you can only stable mountable pets
>and pack animals. The rest should have to stay outside.

That's crazytalk.

--
Dundee of Lake Superior - Skep...@SPAMISantisocial.com
Good slime. Nice slime. I've always wanted a friend like you.

Dundee

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:55:28 GMT, sp...@netcom.com (Linflas) wrote:

>Arrgghh! Awfully cavalier with my stabled pets Dundee!

hee hee... just kidding of course. I'm a tamer, for goodness sakes!
I'd sooner shoot the pope than kill a stablemaster.

Damocles

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:16:52 GMT, Dun...@LakeSuperior.Shard (Dundee)
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:00:16 GMT, phae...@yahoo.com (Damocles)
>wrote:
>
>>I think they should change it so you can only stable mountable pets
>>and pack animals. The rest should have to stay outside.
>
>That's crazytalk.

Why should I have to let my horse go wild so you can stable 20 bears
and 30 wolves? I know tamers who amass legions of critters and stable
them all. I know one guy who's got over 80 creatures stabled in the
T2A areas.

Dundee

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:35:33 GMT, phae...@yahoo.com (Damocles)
wrote:

>>That's crazytalk.
>
>Why should I have to let my horse go wild so you can stable 20 bears
>and 30 wolves?

Why should I lose 20 bears and 30 wolves just you can stable one
horse?

I use the stables in Skara'. They are never full. From what I can
tell, the only stables that fill-up are ones near mines. i.e. they
are full of packhorses and pack llamas, not bears and wolves.

Barring a few weird exceptions, of course.

Goatmanh

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
The real question here is....WHY aren't there stables in EVERY town?

THAT has always seemed strange to me, no stables for the horses we use to
travel.... Ahg man I forgot everyone RECALLS around!! ;)

Goatmaan, Catskills

>On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:35:33 GMT, phae...@yahoo.com (Damocles)

Barry Smith

Oct 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/29/98
Mike Andersen wrote:

> There used to be no limit and people crammed about a zillion animals into
> the stables and left them there. This dragged the servers into the ground,
> thus the restrictions.

Oh. Didn't know that. How about restricting it to horses and llamas only
then? Or only a certain number of horses of llamas per player? Ideas
only.

Dundee

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:17:04 -0800, Barry Smith <bsm...@premier1.net>
wrote:

>Oh. Didn't know that. How about restricting it to horses and llamas only

>then? Or only a certain number of horses of llamas per player? Ideas
>only.

There are things more valuable than horses and llamas. More
stablemasters in the mining towns and stables in ALL of the towns
would solve these problems.

Scott

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:46:34 GMT, Dun...@LakeSuperior.Shard (Dundee)
wrote:

>There are things more valuable than horses and llamas. More
>stablemasters in the mining towns and stables in ALL of the towns
>would solve these problems.

When I tried stabling my horse last night in Skara all three
stablemasters were full. After waiting awhile I finally got a spot
for him there; I certainly wasn't going to put him in Britain or
another city. Wasn't Skara supposed to be a city of rangers? It
should have more than 3 guys to leave your animals with.

Scott (Ashe Thorsten on LS)

Dundee

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:43:16 GMT, rai...@GoAwaySpamWhores.gothic.net
(Scott) wrote:

> When I tried stabling my horse last night in Skara all three
>stablemasters were full.

Get out!

I've had 30+ bears stabled there and never found the place full.

>It should have more than 3 guys to leave your animals with.

There are at least four. One stands *behind* the stables and likes to
wander out into the woods.

Scott

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:49:17 GMT, Dun...@LakeSuperior.Shard (Dundee)
wrote:

>Get out!

Um.. no.

>I've had 30+ bears stabled there and never found the place full.

That explains why I can't find a damn spot for my one horse.

>There are at least four. One stands *behind* the stables and likes to
>wander out into the woods.

I couldn't find him last night, though I have seen him a couple
times. Probably got killed by a crazed llama. The other day in
Vesper the tailors at the shop across from the blacksmith disappeared
too. It's some kind of conspiracy against me.

Scott

Dundee

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:58:15 GMT, rai...@GoAwaySpamWhores.gothic.net
(Scott) wrote:

>>I've had 30+ bears stabled there and never found the place full.
>>
> That explains why I can't find a damn spot for my one horse.

Oh, I don't have them there *now*. I was saving them up for a Bear
Parade.

The stables are probably full of horses from T2A now.

Dennis Francis Heffernan

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:17:04 -0800, Barry Smith <bsm...@premier1.net> wrote:

|Oh. Didn't know that. How about restricting it to horses and llamas only
|then? Or only a certain number of horses of llamas per player? Ideas
|only.

Stableowners have a per-player limit and a total limit on animals held.

Trouble is, a handful of players can still monopolize stable space.

They should a) require pack animals to be empty when stabled, to prevent
their use as extra vault space, and b) put a _global_ per-player limit on
stabling, so everyone will have stable space.

Dennis F. Heffernan UO: Venture (Catskills) dfra...@email.com
Montclair State U #include <disclaim.h> ICQ:9154048 CompSci/Philosophy
"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned." -- T. S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"