Lesser or greater potions

Curt Phipps

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
When I go to vendor to purchase potions....how do I know if I am
purchasing
lesser potions or greater potions.

Thanks.

Abalam

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
[rec.games.computer.ultima.online] Curt Phipps (cph...@interaccess.com)
wrote in article <37CF8EF1...@interaccess.com> (Fri, 03 Sep 1999
04:03:45 -0500):

If when single clicked it says "a greater heal" (for example), well, it's
a greater potion.

--
Abalam - http://come.to/abalam

Loic Kardec, Merchant - Europa
The Respectable Mojo, Master Bard - Wilderness, Europa
Molho'ko [Lusk'r, ShadowClan] - Orc fort, Catskills
Azirephale [Scribe, OEH] - Moonglow, Europa

Curt Phipps

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
Abalam wrote:

If I single click in store..I get nothing.

If I single click when it's in bag....it just says "Green Ption" or "Red
Potion"..
no lesser or greater.

jx...@po.cwru.edu

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
Curt Phipps wrote:

> If I single click in store..I get nothing.
>
> If I single click when it's in bag....it just says "Green Ption" or "Red
> Potion"..
> no lesser or greater.

These are all lesser potions. To get greater potions, you'll have to
find vendors run by alchemist player characters.

-Smedley

Adam Burr

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
Actually, I thought they were the level that has no adjective, if that
makes sense. :> For Cures there is Lesser Cure, Cure, and Greater Cure. As
I understood it, an Orange Potion was Cure. Similarly, Yellow is Heal (not
Lesser Heal or Greater Heal), White is Strength not Greater Strength, etc.
Am I wrong?

Madman Across the Water

--
-==UDIC==- Goldenflame Dragon UO: The Magister, Chesapeake
: For the record, you don't need a third party program to be stupid :

jx...@po.cwru.edu

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
Adam Burr wrote:

> Actually, I thought they were the level that has no adjective, if that
> makes sense. :> For Cures there is Lesser Cure, Cure, and Greater Cure. As
> I understood it, an Orange Potion was Cure. Similarly, Yellow is Heal (not
> Lesser Heal or Greater Heal), White is Strength not Greater Strength, etc.
> Am I wrong?

*shrugs* I could be wrong. But the yellow potions I pick out of
monster bodies have healed me for 4 gp, and "normal" heal potions heal
for a minimum of 6....?

-Smedley

Abalam

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
[rec.games.computer.ultima.online] Curt Phipps (cph...@interaccess.com)
wrote in article <37D015EB...@interaccess.com> (Fri, 03 Sep 1999
13:39:39 -0500):

> Abalam wrote:

> > > When I go to vendor to purchase potions....how do I know if I am
> > > purchasing
> > > lesser potions or greater potions.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > If when single clicked it says "a greater heal" (for example), well, it's
> > a greater potion.

> If I single click in store..I get nothing.
>

> If I single click when it's in bag....it just says "Green Ption" or "Red
> Potion"..
> no lesser or greater.

Oops, my mistake, I thought you were talking about player vendors here...
As Smedley mentioned, that's the only place you'll find greater potions
(that, or directly from a GM Alchemist)

Adam Burr

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99
In article <37D01B72...@po.cwru.edu>, <jx...@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

>*shrugs* I could be wrong. But the yellow potions I pick out of
>monster bodies have healed me for 4 gp, and "normal" heal potions heal
>for a minimum of 6....?

Hmm... sounds like I'm wrong then... anyone know for sure? If this is true
than my fledgling alchemist is already more valuable than I thought... :>
(54.7, from buying it up to 23... once I hit 50 I thought to myself, ya
know, self, I could have just started a new character... especially since
I also brought Poisoning up to 50 from 0. But I had fun doing it,
surprisingly enough. </ramble>)

Eric A. Hall

Sep 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/3/99

> When I go to vendor to purchase potions....how do I know if I am
> purchasing lesser potions or greater potions.

The spawned potions are crap. Don't even bother with them.