Forensic Eval..why is this still in the game?

Andy and Nancy Curtis

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
Is there any use for this skill. I know it can indentify the murderer
over a dead body but so what??

Geoffrey Hyde

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99

Andy and Nancy Curtis wrote in message <378F262F...@mediaone.net>...

>Is there any use for this skill. I know it can indentify the murderer
>over a dead body but so what??

I think that people with high forensic and detect hidden skill are also able
to reveal stealthed players, you can reveal that a character is in the
thieves guild.

I haven't actually heard any actual reports of anyone using it, though.

If you have, and it does indeed work, please let us know! I'm not sure if
anyone would devote time to an otherwise worthless skill, though ...

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Yin Li

Jul 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/16/99
On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:31:43 -0400, Andy and Nancy Curtis
<ancu...@mediaone.net> wrote:

>Is there any use for this skill. I know it can indentify the murderer
>over a dead body but so what??

You can also identify members of the thieves guild with it, I beleive.

I have one char, thome i recently worked up to 60 Forensic Eval. (not
too hard raise, just run around a dungeon using it on every corpse
produced) I was guessing, perhaps incorrectly, that FE would be
important stat to necromancers. Evaluating dead bodies -> raising
dead bodies... the logic of it seems pretty sound, but who knows.

Anybody?

Yin

Reko Turja

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99

Andy and Nancy Curtis <ancu...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

> Is there any use for this skill. I know it can indentify the murderer
> over a dead body but so what??

Nature oriented characters can track down people, who kill animals for noto
and fun=)) ... and then you can check the thieves guild status.

-Reko

Mephistus

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99

Andy and Nancy Curtis wrote in message <378F262F...@mediaone.net>...
>Is there any use for this skill. I know it can indentify the murderer
>over a dead body but so what??

It's vaguely useful if you're wandering in the forest by yourself and you
wanna know who else is around killing stuff... and if you use it on player
corpses, you'll know which players you should be careful around..

(hehe, "This corpse has been disturbed by ImAkiLLa, fragU and
m0nk3ynUtz..." )
Okay, maybe it's not that useful :)

The only real problem with it is that hardly anyone uses it, and therefore
the skill gain flies up... this is a real problem if you're at the skill
cap.. I lost 10 points of tailoring before I realized.. (I didn't know I was
at the skill cap at the time.)

It would be cool if murderers had the duration of their red flag extended
when someone uses forensics on the corpse... (To represent them being
identified by other people as a killer and word getting around..)

Have fun...

Kagato, Paladins of the Eclipsed Sun, Pacific Shard