Blessed Black Sandals....??

JBrianChamberlin

Mar 19, 2001, 6:16:54 PM3/19/01

I'm feeling guilty.. again. I've wanted a pair of these for quite sometime but
never had a spare 500k to spend on a pair. I was fighting at the Tereathan
Keep with this guy who was wearing a pair and asked if he would sell them. He
said he paid 30k for them a year ago but didn't know what they were worth now.
I offered him 125k and he took it... thinking that was a lot of money. I've
already been offered 500k on two different occasions, but I really don't need
money. I'm a mage with a house and I make more then I spend on regs. I just
like the sandals. Was it a good deal? I'm thinking it was but I won't be
confident until I die and the things stay with me. I don't have to do anything
special, right? Just wear them? If I die, they'll appear in my back pack? Even
in Fel?? (SIGH)

J. B. Chamberlin
ICQ # 1269371

Eric A. Hall

Mar 19, 2001, 6:50:40 PM3/19/01

> I offered him 125k and he took it... thinking that was a lot of money.

If he didn't check around first it's his loss for not negotiating. It's
not like he was a newbie. He wasnt was he?

> like the sandals. Was it a good deal? I'm thinking it was but I won't
be
> confident until I die and the things stay with me. I don't have to do
> anything special, right? Just wear them? If I die, they'll appear in
my
> back pack? Even in Fel?? (SIGH)

They do say "sandals (blessed)" right?

JBrianChamberlin

Mar 19, 2001, 9:04:51 PM3/19/01
Yes.. they say Sandals (blessed)

Maverick

Mar 19, 2001, 10:17:51 PM3/19/01
No cant lose them, but they do break :(

All the best
Maverick

"JBrianChamberlin" <jbrianch...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

JBrianChamberlin

Mar 20, 2001, 12:28:16 AM3/20/01
Break? What do you mean break? how do the break?

Erica Strafford

Mar 20, 2001, 1:23:09 AM3/20/01
Just like armor. If you wear it too long, it will eventually take too much
wear and tear from battles and disappear on you. I can't tell you how funny
it was the first time I lost a newbie shirt that way. Only thing is, metal
armor can be repaired - clothing and leather can't.

Erica
--

"JBrianChamberlin" <jbrianch...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

Little WhiteDove

Mar 20, 2001, 12:38:45 PM3/20/01
I'm unsure if sandals can be recycled or not, but I lost my blessed
dress when I misclicked while cutting bandages...:(

-Little WhiteDove
Badb Catha, Lia Fail Empire
Atlantic

In article <tbdtq7q...@corp.supernews.com>, Erica Strafford

Katherine

Mar 20, 2001, 4:04:21 PM3/20/01
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:38:45 -0500, Little WhiteDove
<dovey_a...@yahoo.com> expounded:

>I'm unsure if sandals can be recycled or not, but I lost my blessed
>dress when I misclicked while cutting bandages...:(

Must have been a while ago. Nowadays if you click on blessed items (or at
least, newbie clothes), it gives you the same message you get for
deathrobes: You cannot use this to make anything useful. It's how I
sorted through my sack of spares to find out what was blessed and what
wasn't.

Last time I tried to cut up sandals, they couldn't be recycled. This may
have been changed.

Katherine, Grandmaster Healer
Ciaran, Lia Fail Empire (Atlantic)
Hosting Dr. Dolittle's Stories <http://www.mhn.org/~kate/stories/>

brian walker

Mar 20, 2001, 9:32:44 AM3/20/01
Yeah yesterday my newbie black robe got flamestriked to ashes and left me
naked in ice...
"Erica Strafford" <nos...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Magnus

Mar 22, 2001, 4:05:34 AM3/22/01
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:32:44 GMT, "brian walker" <fadet...@nls.net>
wrote:

>Yeah yesterday my newbie black robe got flamestriked to ashes and left me
>naked in ice...

Just dye a deathrobe black and you have a new newbiefied black robe..
;-)

Philip Taylor

Mar 23, 2001, 4:23:59 PM3/23/01
In article <hcW3Ovy9zbAr6E...@4ax.com>, Katherine
<ka...@mhn.org> writes

>Nowadays if you click on blessed items (or at
>least, newbie clothes), it gives you the same message you get for
>deathrobes: You cannot use this to make anything useful. It's how I
>sorted through my sack of spares to find out what was blessed and what
>wasn't.

It's probably partly to stop people getting killed and resurrected
hundreds of times, then chopping up their free death-robes into
bandages...
--
Philip Taylor
philip @ zaynar . demon . co . uk