What is the deal with the ICE Dungeon

1 view

Robert Skulsky

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
Hi I was wondering what experience if any you guys/gals have had in the Ice
Dungeon, my fighter (96 dex, 92 str, whatever int) 94 fenc, tactics, walked
in there and this snow ele ripped me up in like 8 seconds, I was lagged but
still, he was right at the entrance one tile from it actually, does anyone
have a rune marked there to anyplace a mage can avoid insane melee damage?

FADal
GL

Pluto151t

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
I'd have to strongly suggest staying out of there unless you are a mage
or bard.. Warriors will get torn up in there.

Robert Skulsky

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
I do have a mage character also, is there some kind of platform to avoid the
melee damage do you have any such runes to safe places in there. What kind
of loot do monsters in the Ice dungeon give?
Pluto151t <plut...@aol.com> wrote in message

Darius of Baja

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
Our guild just had a foray into the Ice Dungeon this weekend, much to my
disapproval.

Few things you should know. The entrance to the Ice Cave is in Britannia,
north of Wrong. However, the entirety of the cave is within T2A. Therefore,
any runes you have to Britannia will not allow you to escape from the Ice
Cave. You had better have a rune to somewhere safe in Papua or Delucia.

That little entrance north of Wrong is the most dangerous way to get there.
Typically people will run in, draw fire from monsters and run back out
leaving the monsters clumped at the entrance for the next poor soul.

If you can get past the entrance and down to the orc fort, THAT'S where a
warrior can survive and rake it in. You go straight in (west) from the
entrance, hang a right (north) and take the first left (west). You'll see
two columns, two walkways on the east and west walls and a sunken floor with
a large rune block on it. Go down the steps and run south. You'll pass
through to another section (level 2?) and be at the orc fort. Orcs, orc
mages and orc lords spawn there in good numbers (6-10) every 15 minutes or
less on Baja. There's plenty of room to run and also maneuver just one or
two around a corner to keep yourself from getting overwhelmed.

The trick, of course, is getting in and getting to the Orc Fort. Ice Trolls
aren't so bad, neither are the Frost Spiders, but the snow elementals will
eat you up as you've seen.

I'd recommend taking a blank rune, a mark scroll, a rune to Papua or Delucia
bank and a recall scroll down there. Run straight through to the orc fort as
I described above. If you make it, mark your blank rune and recall to one of
the banks. Bank the Ice Cave rune, equip, recall back and kick some orc
butt.

Good luck.
--
The Honorable Darius, guildmaster of Ring of Steel
http://members.xoom.com/RingofSteel

Robert Skulsky <rsku...@home.com> wrote in message

> Hi I was wondering what experience if any you guys/gals have had in the
Ice
> Dungeon, my fighter (96 dex, 92 str, whatever int) 94 fenc, tactics,
walked
> in there and this snow ele ripped me up in like 8 seconds, I was lagged
but
> still, he was right at the entrance one tile from it actually, does anyone
> have a rune marked there to anyplace a mage can avoid insane melee damage?
>

> FADal
> GL

Dopester

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
the ICe Dungeon and pure melle warrior dont work well at all... and also you
must remebr T2A is designed for groups of hunters, not the solo
adventurer... a group of 5 incl, high level mages and bards, are a
nessecity... imho

Ra'Dian Fl'Gith

May 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/23/99
Robert Skulsky wrote in message ...

>Hi I was wondering what experience if any you guys/gals have had in the Ice
>Dungeon, my fighter (96 dex, 92 str, whatever int) 94 fenc, tactics, walked
>in there and this snow ele ripped me up in like 8 seconds, I was lagged but
>still, he was right at the entrance one tile from it actually, does anyone
>have a rune marked there to anyplace a mage can avoid insane melee damage?
>
>FADal
>GL

Lest we not forget to mention that the game helps a Snow or Ice elemental
kill you by lagging you to death with constant messages in the corner of
your screen saying "You are taking damage from the cold radiating from the
snow elemental" or whatever the hell it says.

No kidding.

They really need to tell you that a million times? I think once per battle
as a reminder would be enough... but hell, why warn you at all. And for
that matter, though I'll regret saying this when they do, why don't you take
HEAT damage from a FIRE elemental? I mean yeesh.

- Ra'Dian Fl'Gith
Cult of the Azure Dragons (GL)
"And I'm free... free fallin'..."