I will take thee

1 view

Jadesfyre

Sep 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/6/98

phelper wrote in message

<snip>
>Yet like 75% of the time, The NPCs go thru before I do, and they just
>sit in the gate. I can't go thru. I can't recall, I can't gate. The
>NPC just sits there blocking the location.
>
>What's the deal?

I had this trouble before and was given this advice:

Double click on the moongate and your frustrations will cease.

Jadesfyre

chingachgook

Sep 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/6/98
As soon as the gate appears, double click on it. Your escorts will
disappear into it a fraction of a second before you do. Once you arrive, as
soon as they give you the "here is thy pay" message, double click the gate
again and it will take you back to your original location.

On a side note, I only get paid by messengers about 50% of the time, so if
your casting is not very reliable just yet, I would lose the messengers.
Any NPC wanting to go to bucs den NEVER pay, so lose them too.

Hope this helps

Chinga

Fairlight

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98

chingachgook <lew...@esn.net> wrote in article
<gPxI1.1458$so2.1...@news2.randori.com>...

> On a side note, I only get paid by messengers about 50% of the time, so
if
> your casting is not very reliable just yet, I would lose the messengers.
> Any NPC wanting to go to bucs den NEVER pay, so lose them too.

Messengers actually seem to pay more than most escorts, and I've been
stiffed ONCE out of over 500 escorts (easily). Maybe I'm just lucky, but
I've seriously only been stiffed once.

As for Buc's, that's because there are no guard lines there. Basically
they should either 1) install guard lines but have them inactive or no
guards spawned there, or 2) get rid of buc's escorts.

For now, what I do is gate them to a non-guarded area (buc's would actually
work, but I go elsewhere less pk-ridden), and whack the hell out of them
with a good old 61gp halberd. 3 swings later, I collect whatever they had.
Usually I only do this with Nobles (because they carry 200ish gold and 1-2
magic items)...the rest I try to abandon somewhere else and recall away
from after I've gated another escort going somewhere useful.

I've also noticed that if you find a nice quiet spot in a dungeon, killing
seekers of adventure results in doubling your gold (approximately), as well
as possibly a magic item...Some might say this is out of character for a
good guy like my character, but hell, if they're gonna stiff you anyway
(Buc's) or if they want to go to a dungeon and start screaming for the
guards (what the hell did they expect?!), well fuck 'em...nobody will miss
the stiffing ones or the whining ones...they're a detriment to the npc gene
pool. :)

And no, killing the NPC's does not result in karma loss.

Cuthbert-> (Chor Charon - Catskills)

Rusty Major

Sep 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/8/98
You can also steal from them. Take the gold, then deliver them to their
destination (be careful of guard areas and noto pkers--you will turn gray
;). You should get paid also, thus nearly doubling your money =).
I have tried to kill a noble who had a nice magic heavy that I couldnt steal
for some strange reason (i probably tried a hundred times!). I killed her,
and there was ZERO loot on her =(. Oh well...

Alanon[GLV] of Great Lakes

Fairlight wrote in message
<01bdda87$1d96bca0$10eb...@arcadia.fairlite.com>...

Nevermind

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
Thats good advice, but heres something else:
For those of you who want target practice, the NPCs that dont pay (those
wanting to go to buc's den or the messengers) may have magical items or
jems, so killing them can be a way to get -something- from those
freeloaders... :-)

Nevermind ICQ: 2961668
"I feel stupid, and contagious, here we are now, entertain us!
A Mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido, YAY! ... Oy! ... Yeah!"
Kurt Cobain -- Smells Like Teen Spirit (The song, not the Deodorant!)
chingachgook wrote in message ...

>As soon as the gate appears, double click on it. Your escorts will
>disappear into it a fraction of a second before you do. Once you arrive,
as
>soon as they give you the "here is thy pay" message, double click the gate
>again and it will take you back to your original location.
>

>On a side note, I only get paid by messengers about 50% of the time, so if
>your casting is not very reliable just yet, I would lose the messengers.
>Any NPC wanting to go to bucs den NEVER pay, so lose them too.
>

>Hope this helps
>
>Chinga

Grant Farrington

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
On Sun, 06 Sep 1998 02:27:03 GMT, phe...@onramp.net.gov (phelper)
wrote:

>What's with the damn "I will take thee" people???
>I'm so furious. I've escorted about 8 NPCs and I've been payed like
>twice. This, in combination with NV crashing every hour has me
>thouroughly pissed off.

Some just don't pay, I think it's because of lag. Also those Buc's Den
never pay. I probably don't get paid only like 1 in 15.

>Ok. So I have an NPC or two in tow. They follow. I gate to
>location. When the gate (travel) opens, I lead the NPCs away from the
>gate. Then I run toward the gate, so I'll be the first one thru.

>Yet like 75% of the time, The NPCs go thru before I do, and they just
>sit in the gate. I can't go thru. I can't recall, I can't gate. The
>NPC just sits there blocking the location.

You don't have to walk through the gate, just double click on it when
it appears. I've also found some locations will not work with escorts,
like bank roofs & not so flat destinations. If your having trouble
delivering escorts, remark the spot in a totally flat area.

Cheers,

-
Fazza - Wide Bay Warlords Quake Clan [WBW]
http://www.cyberalink.com.au/gjf/wbw.html

I Frequent These Servers:

CTF2 on OGN 203.108.10.117:27920
FutureWeb_CTF_3.14 203.22.127.23:27910
Powerup CTF 202.139.235.201:27910

You'll also find me in Ultima Online, Sonoma Shard.

Adam Russell

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Hey I used to have a thief char that would steal their stuff and *then* take
them. "I know I just stole your magic katana of night eyes, but if you want
to find your way out of this wilderness you still will have to pay me". I
just love those nobles.