Thieves and Detectives (again)

Taras Bulba

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to detect perma-grey thieves in town. I
can find out whether or not they are in the thieves guild, but how can I
tell if they have recently stolen from a player?
There used to be a way of telling by attempting to steal from them, the
message you got back would indicate their status. This doesn't seem to work
anymore.

At the moment I am reduced to taking a chance and launching an attack, but
the guards sometimes protect these so-called innocents.

Anyone with any ideas? Thanks in advance

Pinkerton the Detective (Oceania)

Richard Cortese

May 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/12/00
Taras Bulba <no-...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to detect perma-grey thieves in town.
> can find out whether or not they are in the thieves guild, but how can I
> tell if they have recently stolen from a player?
> There used to be a way of telling by attempting to steal from them, the
> message you got back would indicate their status. This doesn't seem to
work
> anymore.
Been patched, you can only tell if someone is perma gray by taking a chance
the way you are doing now.

Not only that a perma gray thief, if you haven't noticed, is now blue to you
even after you attack them so you can't attack them outside town to find out
if they highlight gray.

OSI is really lovin the pooch on everything. I mean they nerf tailoring
beyond what anyone had in mind, they cripple virtually all the trades for
that matter, they leave blacksmithing screwed for months, but they save
freaking thieves.

Makes me wonder about why they nerf everything but being an asshole, and
when they do nerf assholism just a little bit it is the only thing that they
go out of their way to get back in the game.

But of course I do know the answer to that one.

Taras Bulba

May 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/13/00
(snip)

>OSI is really lovin the pooch on everything. I mean they nerf tailoring
>beyond what anyone had in mind, they cripple virtually all the trades for
>that matter, they leave blacksmithing screwed for months, but they save
>freaking thieves.
>
>Makes me wonder about why they nerf everything but being an asshole, and
>when they do nerf assholism just a little bit it is the only thing that
they
>go out of their way to get back in the game.
>
>But of course I do know the answer to that one.

I talked to a counsellor about it, he said it was in the process of being
fixed, although what was actually going to happen, he couldn't say.

On the bright side though, a thief I killed a few days ago just stood there
dumbfounded saying "I'm calling a GM, you are using some kind of
bug....OOOOooOOooO"

Another one, who unfortunately killed me, followed me around saying "How did
you attack me, how did you know"

The guards get me about 50% of the time.