UO Download

zammarelli

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
where can i find UO to download and where are the best pages for
playing UO?
is there also a german UO channel ?

thank you for answer

Glaeken

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
You won't find UO to 'download'. It is a 'For Purchase' game, which also
requires a $10 per month access/maintenance fee for the OSI servers to
play on. An upgraded retail version will be available next month. Check
out your local computer software store or on-line store.

Glaeken of Lake Superior

The Master

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
zammarelli wrote:

> where can i find UO to download and where are the best pages for
> playing UO?
> is there also a german UO channel ?

Well, heh heh, I can email it to you.

Heh heh.

ski...@mail.hsc.wvu.edu

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
I finially got ripped of one too many times and flipped out last Saturday. I
now now have around 49 kills on the Catskills Shard (Acererak). I have never
PKed in the past, and now I thought I'd share my observations on life as a
PK.

1) First off, oddly enough it seem to die a lot less now. Most people run
when they see a Red. Also I seem to either get two responses; "#$%* Run!" or
"Can I join you?". Suprisingly some people will sit and chat with me (Most of
the why I play this stupid game).

2) Very, very profitable. I got around 500 of each regent in one day in
Despise. Good magic items too. Who ever left me that set of Harding plate set
and Power Xbow, thanks!

3) 85% of all UO players are morons. I had the same guy open the same trapped
chest 5 freakin times in one night. I had about 7 bodies around one chest and
people ~still~ opened the damn thing. Come guys.. I had someone ebolted
himself to death because I kept casting magic reflection. One guy ran around
telling people a slime killed him in four hits (I polymorphed into a slime
and poisoned him over and over).

4) 75% of all people panic when they see a red guy (maybe because they are
rare now and only the good killers are left). Most run away or attempt to
recall. Very few stand and fight one on one.

5) I seem to have more fun. I once polymorphed into a Chicken attacking people
with tamed animals with my name (Do you have any idea how many people say
"WTF?"). They can't tell which one is you. I find it rather entertaining
watching ghost attempting to warn people "Don't open that chest!". It never
works, no one spirit speaks anymore.

Since I'm new at this, any long term PKS have any tips? Thanks -

Dundee

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:02:47 GMT, ski...@mail.hsc.wvu.edu wrote:

>I finially got ripped of one too many times and flipped out last Saturday. I
>now now have around 49 kills on the Catskills Shard (Acererak). I have never
>PKed in the past, and now I thought I'd share my observations on life as a
>PK.

Thanks for sharing. That was actually a pretty funny post.
Polymorphing into a chicken and attacking people with tame pets is
*too* funny.

But now... stop it.

:-P

--
Dundee of Lake Superior - Skep...@SPAMISantisocial.com
Townstone proposal, Housing proposal and Other Stuff:

Jacob F

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
At least your on Catskills :-)

I dont need any more PK's on my shard, I cant set foot in the dungeon
by Minoc without being jumped by 1-4 guys! I am pretty safe in my
normal hunting spot (I wont say because it rocks and I dont want PK's
there, NO PK's there for months) I am the most powerful person besides
a few house owners that regurally visits this area so Im OK. Its fun
to follow large groups of newbies around, they are MONSTER MAGNETS!
While following a group I killed 3 orc mages and 2 shades in 15
minutes! Of course they hid behind me and yelles "Get him!".

Anyway, STOP PK'ING, I stop and talk to everyone I see anyway, no need
to kill me or threaten me to do so :-)

>I finially got ripped of one too many times and flipped out last Saturday. I
>now now have around 49 kills on the Catskills Shard (Acererak). I have never
>PKed in the past, and now I thought I'd share my observations on life as a
>PK.
>

>1) First off, oddly enough it seem to die a lot less now. Most people run
>when they see a Red. Also I seem to either get two responses; "#$%* Run!" or
>"Can I join you?". Suprisingly some people will sit and chat with me (Most of
>the why I play this stupid game).
>
>2) Very, very profitable. I got around 500 of each regent in one day in
>Despise. Good magic items too. Who ever left me that set of Harding plate set
>and Power Xbow, thanks!
>
>3) 85% of all UO players are morons. I had the same guy open the same trapped
>chest 5 freakin times in one night. I had about 7 bodies around one chest and
>people ~still~ opened the damn thing. Come guys.. I had someone ebolted
>himself to death because I kept casting magic reflection. One guy ran around
>telling people a slime killed him in four hits (I polymorphed into a slime
>and poisoned him over and over).
>
>4) 75% of all people panic when they see a red guy (maybe because they are
>rare now and only the good killers are left). Most run away or attempt to
>recall. Very few stand and fight one on one.
>
>5) I seem to have more fun. I once polymorphed into a Chicken attacking people
>with tamed animals with my name (Do you have any idea how many people say
>"WTF?"). They can't tell which one is you. I find it rather entertaining
>watching ghost attempting to warn people "Don't open that chest!". It never
>works, no one spirit speaks anymore.
>
>Since I'm new at this, any long term PKS have any tips? Thanks -

- Jacob Fuller
- My HomePage
- Home of the Quake BenchMark Project
- http://jf.simplenet.com
- ULTIMA ONLINE INFO
- Name: The Respectable Sundown Adept Swordsman
- Server: Atlantic

The Master

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
Oliver Goldsmith wrote:

> Now it took me about 10 hours before my murder count had dropped to
> acceptable levels and I was blue again but during that time I learnt alot
> about being a murderer - and its really not that nice! There are alot of
> disadvantages that us "good" players don't know about.

These are disadvantages to good players. The pro murderer quickly learns to
deal with it. No real disadvantage to the ones this is aimed at.

Oliver Goldsmith

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
Last Saturday I had a guy insta res in an EV I'd cast at a monster - he did
it about 5 times. Now I thought it wasn't possible - and that you'd only get
one count - or that there was a limit on the amount of times you could
insta-res.

Anyway - I went red - VERY red. I've been playing for about a year now and
my main character is a Glorious Lord. I don't die much anymore - I recall
away at the first sign of being gang bashed and try to only travel around in
groups. The only thing that gets me now is the LAG monster.

One thing became apparent - as "murderer". Life ISN'T that easy - I had
every man and his dog attacking me. I couldn't go into town to access my
bank reg supply. I couldn't even walk near a guard tower out in the
wilderness (Do you know there are actually quite a few guard towers out
there!!!). Also - try asking people you don't know to help you when you're
name is glowing red. Forget it ! The recall away. I made a macro "Don't
worry - I'm not really a murderer - please don't recall away!" - it didn't
help.

Now it took me about 10 hours before my murder count had dropped to
acceptable levels and I was blue again but during that time I learnt alot
about being a murderer - and its really not that nice! There are alot of
disadvantages that us "good" players don't know about.

Greynick of Pacific

Oliver Goldsmith

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
hehe sure but I'm not really a murderer :P

<362d4764...@news.supernews.com>...