What's the toughest Monster in UO

Grant Farrington

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
What's the toughest monster in UO ?

What sort of monsters do you have to kill to get really good magic
items ?

Cheers,

-
Fazza - Jolly Swagman [BA]

Guildmaster of the Blue Heelers,
Sonoma Shard (Ultima Online)

ViDMaSTeR

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
Try and melee a poison elemental or blood elemental. Poisons are 10 times
worse though. Also, Terathen Avengers. Those guys hit real hard. Ogre Lords
hit hard but don't use magic so you can just EB them to death from a
distance.
--
ViDMaSTeR
--------------------

Grant Farrington <fa...@satcom.net.au> wrote in message

Joel Meyer

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
You melee a poison once it's out of mana. It will still have a chance to
poison you though since its poison is natural. The toughest monster i've
ever meleed was a Lord of the Abyss. It will kill you in 2-3 hits if you
are 100 str. Not to mention it can whip up a feirce ebolt to finish you off
even faster.

If you are looking for loot, I suggest to go no further than Terathan
Warriors. I have found many weapons of force,power and vanq some of which
were even silver. They can fetch up to 10,000 gold from other players in
town. My fighter/ bard makes about 20-30 kills a trip.

If you just want the gold without having to sell to other players, Go to
shame, near the poison elems. Kill all the earths and airs you see. I can
make around 8k/hour here. Though you should be ready for the beating. I
suggest sticking to level 1 shame if you have low parry. That will get you
into the 70's quick.

If you are a decent mage, hit deceit's lich room for easy cash. Ev the LL's
for all the gold you can carry.

Paul V.

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
The toughest monster from what I hear is the Collector of Souls. Ancient
Wyvrns are supposed to be tough as well.

Dopester

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
Collector of souls / Lord of Abyss / Slayer
these thing kick butt... 2 melle hits from these bastards = DEATH
they are big black daemon type monsters, and live in Terathon Complex.

Grant Farrington

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:45:43 -0500, "Joel Meyer"
<Cor...@email.msn.com> wrote:

>You melee a poison once it's out of mana. It will still have a chance to
>poison you though since its poison is natural. The toughest monster i've
>ever meleed was a Lord of the Abyss. It will kill you in 2-3 hits if you
>are 100 str. Not to mention it can whip up a feirce ebolt to finish you off
>even faster.

Yes actually this is what prompted me to ask as we just went there for
the first time and took it on. It certainly can't be melee'd and we
both died to it when we lagged for just one second (it's fast huh)

But there's that rock there and the only way to fight it is to run up
the corridor, then tp back behind the rock. It's hopeless at magery
really and is out of mana fast, then just ev it. Prob is of the ones
that we killed they all had crap magic items.

>If you are looking for loot, I suggest to go no further than Terathan
>Warriors. I have found many weapons of force,power and vanq some of which
>were even silver. They can fetch up to 10,000 gold from other players in
>town. My fighter/ bard makes about 20-30 kills a trip.

Yes we have been there too but not a lot, there were -so- many people
there the times we went it was just pandemonium and have never been
back.

Florian Lang

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
I have to admit i never fought any balron type monster... but i LIKE to
fight ancient wyrms. Now the bad thing is.. their fireball does about 55 to
60 damage to me. I only once got hit with a pawstrike without that fireball
thingy, and that did about 65 damage. So. your usual attack from an ancient
wyrm does 125!!! points of damage. I think the result is the same for a
plate clad warrior with 100 strength, as for my 90 strength wrestling (no
weapons) mage. *sigh*