Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

On trapping.

13 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Kp

ongelezen,
2 jun 1999, 03:00:0002-06-1999
aan
I havn't beuit a trap and had it go off on soemone to answer this yet so
I'l jsut post. I read that to build a trap that wont flag you as a criminal
you have to set it on teh floor of your own house. Does this mean that if
houseless me sets a trap in my pack and some thief blows his head off with
it out of my pack, I become the bad guy? all because I'm not elite enough to
afford and find a place for a home.

Radnor

ongelezen,
3 jun 1999, 03:00:0003-06-1999
aan
In article <7j42lt$q77$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
found...@worldnet.att.net says...

It used to be that if you placed a trap on a container on the floor of
your house or boat, and you had the key in your backpack, you would not
be responsible for the murder count. They've since removed that
method (quietly, I might add), and are currently deciding on a better way
to handle it. As of now, the tinkerer receives the murder count
regardless.

--
___ __________________________________________________
(___| Radnor |___UO: Catskills_______http://www.blackdot.org/___)

Bebblebrox

ongelezen,
3 jun 1999, 03:00:0003-06-1999
aan
rad...@blackdot.org.spammy wrote:

*snip*

> to handle it. As of now, the tinkerer receives the murder count
> regardless.

Along with being really annoying, I would suppose, if you are a
tinkerer who is getting murder counts for just selling trapped chests,
it also is a very exploitable 'feature'. Say bobby has a tinker
character and another character. His tinker makes the boxes, drops
them somewhere for his other character. His other character hangs
around high-traffic banks dropping trapped boxes and looting the
corpses, since for some reason you turn gray if you open a trapped
chest, on the ground or not. The tinker gets the murder count, which
doesn't matter one bit to the other character, who is getting _rich_
off the looting.

This is a real problem that hasn't been mentioned too much...don't even
know if dev is working on solving it.

--
Todd Shelton
AHS Corporate Support Center Coordinator/DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Andy Neely

ongelezen,
3 jun 1999, 03:00:0003-06-1999
aan
In article
<2D89057296EEF493.ADCE494B...@lp.airnews.net>,
rad...@blackdot.org.spammy wrote:

> In article <7j42lt$q77$1...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
> found...@worldnet.att.net says...
> > I havn't beuit a trap and had it go off on soemone to answer this yet so
> > I'l jsut post. I read that to build a trap that wont flag you as a criminal
> > you have to set it on teh floor of your own house. Does this mean that if
> > houseless me sets a trap in my pack and some thief blows his head off with
> > it out of my pack, I become the bad guy? all because I'm not elite enough to
> > afford and find a place for a home.
>
> It used to be that if you placed a trap on a container on the floor of
> your house or boat, and you had the key in your backpack, you would not
> be responsible for the murder count. They've since removed that
> method (quietly, I might add), and are currently deciding on a better way

> to handle it. As of now, the tinkerer receives the murder count
> regardless.

I assume there's no murder count if the victim is grey? This would make
trapping personal houses safe (if the victim is not a curious friend of the
house).

Why not keep track of who last handled the trapped object and give them
the hit?

-Andy.

Grant Farrington

ongelezen,
4 jun 1999, 03:00:0004-06-1999
aan
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:53:02 -0400, rad...@blackdot.org.spammy (Radnor)
wrote:

> It used to be that if you placed a trap on a container on the floor of
>your house or boat, and you had the key in your backpack, you would not
>be responsible for the murder count. They've since removed that
>method (quietly, I might add), and are currently deciding on a better way
>to handle it. As of now, the tinkerer receives the murder count
>regardless.

I think the only way to have it is for no count to be received if the
chest is in your house, friends house or in your pack (or the pack of
your alter egos, or even guild mates). Put it anywhere else and you
receive a count.

Cheers,

-
Fazza - Jolly Swagman [BA]