Potion Making Question.

Curt Phipps

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
When my lachemist makes potions for some reason...a couple of the kegs
say Greater
Heal Potion...or Greta Cure Potion...but some of them say "an unknown
green potion"
or " an unknown purple potion" Why is this when I am making all the
greater and top potions. Why dont they all say this?

And when one of my other characters takes potions from a Keg..it doesn't
say it is Greater Heal..just says "unknown yellow potion"..why?

Laqua

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
Only the char that made the potions will know what they are, the other chars
will only get "a yellow potion" or whatever, unless they use taste id on it.

I hope I got this right, someone will point out my mistake if I am wrong.
lol.

--

Laqua (TVW)
Catskills

"Stealing candy from a baby will get your ass guardwacked!"

"Curt Phipps" <cph...@interaccess.com> wrote in message

Ian

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
When you drop a potion that you have not taste id'd or created yourself into
a keg, the keg will not identify it as greater or deadly etc

Erinn

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 05:24:23 -0600, Curt Phipps
<cph...@interaccess.com> wrote:

>When my lachemist makes potions for some reason...a couple of the kegs
>say Greater
>Heal Potion...or Greta Cure Potion...but some of them say "an unknown
>green potion"
>or " an unknown purple potion" Why is this when I am making all the
>greater and top potions. Why dont they all say this?

Are you saying that potions you're Alchemist are making are being
created as 'unknown <color>' potions? If so, something is wrong:(

>And when one of my other characters takes potions from a Keg..it doesn't
>say it is Greater Heal..just says "unknown yellow potion"..why?

It works rather oddly actually. If a character puts a 'known' potion
into an empty keg, that character becomes an 'owner' of the keg. A
keg is labeled only for an owner. All potions extracted from a keg by
an owner are labeled with the quality (greater heal, lesser heal,
heal) for everyone. Any non-owner will see the keg as 'unknown' and
all potions extracted by a non-owner will be of 'unknown' quality to
everyone. To make a character an owner, the character must
successfully Taste ID the keg. More than one character can be an
owner of the same keg... it remembers it's owners.

You may add an 'unknown' potion to an 'unknown' keg as long as the
potion is the same type and quality as is in the keg.

You may not add a 'known' potion to an 'unknown' keg even if it *is*
the same type and quality.

I haven't tried adding an 'unknown' potion to a 'known' keg yet.

--
Erinnyes Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
Erinn, Grandmaster Alchemist, Moonglow, Atlantic

Curt Phipps

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
Ian wrote:

> When you drop a potion that you have not taste id'd or created yourself into
> a keg, the keg will not identify it as greater or deadly etc
>
> Curt Phipps <cph...@interaccess.com> wrote in message

> > When my lachemist makes potions for some reason...a couple of the kegs
> > say Greater
> > Heal Potion...or Greta Cure Potion...but some of them say "an unknown
> > green potion"
> > or " an unknown purple potion" Why is this when I am making all the
> > greater and top potions. Why dont they all say this?
> >

> > And when one of my other characters takes potions from a Keg..it doesn't
> > say it is Greater Heal..just says "unknown yellow potion"..why?

OK but it is still a greater or deadly even though it says "an unknown yellow
potion"

right?

Vargon

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
I remember back when they introduced Potion kegs i taste IDed my friends
collection as i was helping him fill them. One thing i noticed was that the
first three or so that i IDed showed the correct description (greater heal,
etc.) then some of the others i IDed showed only colour description. When i
went to taste ID them again it said that i already knew that Keg.

Unless they have fixed that problem (not really that drastic as i knew what
was in each, just annoying) it may be the problem here.

Erinn wrote in message <386b71b2.9324466@news>...

>On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 05:24:23 -0600, Curt Phipps
><cph...@interaccess.com> wrote:
>

>>When my lachemist makes potions for some reason...a couple of the kegs
>>say Greater
>>Heal Potion...or Greta Cure Potion...but some of them say "an unknown
>>green potion"
>>or " an unknown purple potion" Why is this when I am making all the
>>greater and top potions. Why dont they all say this?
>

>Are you saying that potions you're Alchemist are making are being
>created as 'unknown <color>' potions? If so, something is wrong:(
>

>>And when one of my other characters takes potions from a Keg..it doesn't
>>say it is Greater Heal..just says "unknown yellow potion"..why?

Curt Phipps

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
Vargon wrote:

Well a total refresh is still a total refresh no matter what it says right?

Vargon

Dec 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/31/99
Yep...you will only be able to add the potion that goes in there....we also
colour coded the potion kegs with the furniture dye tub. Makes it much
easier.